Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The I-SOC (Islamic Society) (X) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Biryani007)
    Excuse how random this is but are you male or female?...
    A brother, i randomize gender etc due to incidents with regards to my safety.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tawheed)
    Why do I remember everyone going on about you being a girl? This is so weird lool been thinking you were a girl. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ankabout)
    I was referring to the troll. It was sarcasm btw.
    What troll?

Omds this is so confusing, I thought you were a guy then you said you were a girl and now your a guy again...are you actually a guy or is this a randomly generated gender again?

And safety? What's up?

ReputationRep:
    What troll?
    The mods took care of it. Someone was threatening the Muslims here with a chainsaw. Really cute.

ReputationRep:
    The mods took care of it. Someone was threatening the Muslims here with a chainsaw. Really cute.
    If it was a Muslim who said that, he'd be all over the Daily Mail front cover before you could say "lol jk"

ReputationRep:
    Omds this is so confusing, I thought you were a guy then you said you were a girl and now your a guy again...are you actually a guy or is this a randomly generated gender again?

And safety? What's up?
    Lol, i am a brother. I never stated i was a sister, i only randomized everything. And safety i will keep to myself, it's nothing that big imho, just a few islam-phobes.

ReputationRep:
    Dayum :lolwut:

(Original post by Ruh)
    If it was a Muslim who said that, he'd be all over the Daily Mail front cover before you could say "lol jk"
    Exactly this...they would have had a knock on their door and been questioned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruh)
    LOL, the funny truth eh.

ReputationRep:
    As a Muslim, if the purpose of this life is essentially to unite with Allah in the afterlife, what is the purpose of the afterlife? Theoretically, we would - providing we get to heaven - be in complete peace and happiness in a state that nothing is nothing compared to the mere world. But, would we truly be happy in an eternal, infinite life of this? Up to some extent, wouldn't this be the same as death?

I've been trying to weed this question out of my mind. I can't. Any opinions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _quantumsuicide)
    As a Muslim, if the purpose of this life is essentially to unite with Allah in the afterlife, what is the purpose of the afterlife? Theoretically, we would - providing we get to heaven - be in complete peace and happiness in a state that nothing is nothing compared to the mere world. But, would we truly be happy in an eternal, infinite life of this? Up to some extent, wouldn't this be the same as death?

:lolwut:

Why are you pretending to be me lol

Why did you steal my username :lolwut:

Nope, heaven is all good. Remember that allah is all-powerful. By his mercy, we will enjoy heaven for eternity

The point of the afterlife is just to chill and live happily
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think somebody's been playing too much gta :yes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lol, i am a brother. I never stated i was a sister, i only randomized everything. And safety i will keep to myself, it's nothing that big imho, just a few islam-phobes.
    Lol you had the girl sign next to your name (I think) :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _quantumsuicide)

What does it mean to be a human being?

ReputationRep:
    Mufti Ibrahim Raja Sahib

A must read
    The Story of A Generous Business Partner
    One day, a very wealthy man was walking on the road. Along the way, he saw a beggar on the sidewalk. The rich man looks kindly on the beggar and asked, “How did you become a beggar?”

The beggar said, “Sir, I’ve been applying for a job for a year now but haven’t found any. You look like a rich man. Sir, if you’ll give me a job, I’ll stop begging.”

The rich man smiled and said, “I want to help you. But I won’t give you a job. I’ll do something better. I want you to be my business partner. Let’s start a business together.”

The beggar blinked hard. He didn’t understand what the older man was saying. “What do you mean, Sir?”

“I own a rice plantation. You could sell my rice in the market. I’ll provide you the sacks of rice. I’ll pay the rent for the market stall. I’ll even give you food allowance everyday for the next 30 days. All you’ll have to do is sell my rice. And at the end of the month, as Business Partners, we’ll share in the profits.”

Tears of joy rolled down his cheeks. “Oh Sir,” he said, “You’re a gift from Heaven. You’re the answer to my prayers. Thank you, thank you, thank you!” He then paused and said, “Sir, how will we divide the profits? Do I keep 10% and you get the 90%? Do I keep 5% and you get the 95%? I’ll be happy with any arrangement.”

The rich man shook his head and chuckled. “No, I want you to give me the 10%. And you keep the 90%.”

For a moment, the beggar couldn’t speak. When he tried to speak, it was gibberish. “Uh, gee, uh, wow, I mean, huh?” He couldn’t believe his ears. The deal was too preposterous.

The rich man laughed more loudly. He explained, “I don’t need the money, my friend. I’m already wealthy beyond what you can ever imagine. I want you to give me 10% of your profits so you grow in faithfulness and gratitude.”

The beggar knelt down before his benefactor and said, “Yes Sir, I will do as you say. Even now, I’m so grateful for what you’ve done for me!”

And so that was what had happened…

He Forgets Where The Blessings Came From

Each day, the beggar—now dressed a little bit better—operated a store selling rice in the market. He worked very hard. He woke up early in the morning and slept late at night. And sales were brisk, also because the rice was of good quality. And after 30 days, the profits were astounding. At the end of the month, as the ex-beggar was counting the money, and liking very much the feeling of money in his hands, an idea grew in his mind. He told himself, “Gee, why should I give 10% to my Business Partner? I didn't see him the whole month! I was the one who was working day and night for this business. I did all this work! I deserve the 100% profits!”

A few minutes later, the rich man was knocking on the door to collect his 10% of the profits. The ex-beggar opened the door and said, “You don’t deserve the 10%. I worked hard for this. I deserve all of it!” And he slammed the door. If you were his Business Partner, how would you feel?

Friend, this is exactly what happens to us…Allah Gave Us Everything. Allah gave us life—every single moment, every single breath, every single second…Allah gave us talents—our ability to talk, to create, to earn money…Allah gave us our body—our eyes, our ears, our mouth, our hands, our feet, our heart…Allah gave us our mind—our imagination, our emotions, our reasoning, our language… yet we take all of it for granted walking on the earth with pride as if we are self made ? So then my question is....which of the favors of our Lord would we deny ??

فَبِأَيِّ آلَاء رَبِّكُمَا تُكَذِّبَانِ

ReputationRep:
    Growing up, many Muslims constantly heard the word “No.” No you can’t do that, no you can’t eat that, no you can’t see, listen or touch that. Sure, boundaries are necessary in life, but what happens if we only emphasize the unallowable stuff. I heard a joke once that some masajid should be relabeled as “No Happiness Allowed Centers.”

When we are constantly reminded of not doing something wrong, we develop a fear and anxiety based relationship with God. Psychologically, a self-destructive trend develops. A trend of fear of getting punished, worry about going to hell and experiencing guilt rather than the blessings and joy of God in our lives. Some of our brothers and sisters have developed a sever obsessive and compulsive disorder around their practice of Islam. The term is called scrupulosity and it is dangerous and sad. I once consulted a brother that would take almost one hour to make wudu and two to three hours to pray. He would repeat rituals over and over again until he got them perfect. He did this out of fear that his prayer would not be accepted by the powerful judgmental God he grew up with. I have personally worked with clients that had psychotic breakdowns due to this mentality. May the Divine help us.

One of the ways I help such cases is by helping clients reframe their perception of Islam as a “Yes Religion.” Everything is actually halal except for what is haram. Islam is not merely a religion of regulations, discipline and deprivations. We have to look at the yes side, the plus side, the blessings and gifts God has actually given us. Living Islam is a path that gives more than it takes.

Reflect on this:

Yes we get 24 hours a day. Approximately 25-30 minutes a day we are expected to connect with our Creator through prayer. That’s 0.017% of the day in prayer. The rest is “our time.”
    Yes we have twelve months a year. Only one month a year, God asks us to practice self discipline through fasting and make Him a focal point. Through this fast, we still get to eat and drink by sunset and gain physical and psycho-spiritual benefits. That’s 92% percent of the year left to us to eat when we wish!
    Yes God asks us to give approximately 2.5% of our wealth to those in need and those God did not give as much as He gave you! You still get to keep about 97.5% of your wealth and assets.
    If we have the means financially and physically, God calls us to make pilgrimage only one time in our whole life to receive forgiveness! Not once a year, once a decade, one time in our whole life. If you live to be 80 years old, and perform one hajj, you spent approximately .00017% of your life in pilgrimage.
    Yes we can eat and drink everything with exception to a few items like pork, alcohol and predator animals (like lions,tigers and bears which are uncommon in all cuisines anyways) 99.5% of all food and drink can make it into your belly!
    There are many more examples that show Islam is a “Yes Religion.” The prophet Muhammed [saw] said YES to....

Forgive people and be patient with their wrongs towards you
    Having flexibility with people’s customs
    Give people time to accept da'wah and not be punished
    Nearly all requests that came his way
    Help and support others
    Being optimistic and smiling
    There is a saying that says if it was not for the “La” in La ila ila Allah, the prophet would never have said “no.”

I encourage you to reframe your perspective and make your own list of how Islam gives more than it takes. Focus on what Islam offers than forbids. Let’s get back to this “yes mentality.” Let’s acknowledge the gifts, the blessings and appreciate all that God has granted us. Let’s move towards God with love, let’s pray because we want to, let’s find joy in existence and look forward to meeting our Lord

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IdeasForLife)
    Hey man, sorry for the late reply. Ibn fulaan and co have basically told you about the combined prayer thing so there's not much I can say.

May Allah make it easier for you to pray at work. Good job on keeping the others, I find fajr can especially be tricky at times ( like when I sleep through all my alarms)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    IF mentioned combined prayers? That's not something Sunnis do?

Pretty sure it was "revealed" that you were a girl and everyone was really shocked cuz we all thought you were a guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehFrance)
    Of course, but you know I read the Qur'an again, properly and well yeah.

I also have a question on prayers, I can't pray 5 times a day for various reasons. As long as I pray when I can, that should be okay right?
    Congratulations! May Allah keep you guided, ameen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tpos)
    IF mentioned combined prayers? That's not something Sunnis do?
    The madhaahib differ on it ( i think the hanafis are the strictest on saying it is not allowed ( but i think they do allow it in the case of hajj?)) and others say it is permissible with a need or travelling or certain other situations. I am unsure of various opinion within madhahib. and Allah knows best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibn Fulaan)
    The madhaahib differ on it ( i think the hanafis are the strictest on saying it is not allowed ( but i think they do allow it in the case of hajj?)) and others say it is permissible with a need or travelling or certain other situations. I am unsure of various opinion within madhahib.
    Ah ok, that must be it. I just know the hanafi position in that case.

ReputationRep:
    Malik bin Dinar said: “The Gardens of Delight are between the Gardens of Firdaws and the Gardens of Eden. In them one has servants made out of the roses of Paradise. They will be inhabited by those who were about to engage in a sin, but then remembered Allah - the Mighty and Exalted - and stopped themselves from doing so, and bowed their necks out of the fear of Allah.”

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 19, 2015
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.