Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Frank Gore for maintaining my chance at a perfect fantasy season!

And I'll just sign my name on the list of concerned Patriots fans regarding life without Mayo. I hope that part of Belichick's plan of keeping Tavon Wilson around is that he's now a stud linebacker?!

ReputationRep:
    Won my first fantasy match-up with a margin of like 1 point! :lol:

All thanks to Kap, even though it was against my Rams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Both out for the season now. As is Victor Cruz. It just seems that there are more serious season-ending injuries than last season. For some reason...
    Yeah those are bad losses for us. Mayo especially, he was playing at an all pro level.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Won my first fantasy match-up with a margin of like 1 point! :lol:

All thanks to Kap, even though it was against my Rams.
    Can't say I'm too happy, I'm now on a losing streak of 4

ReputationRep:
    I got my ass handed to me this week in fantasy. At least I'm 3-2 nd all my undroppables have had their bye weeks. Trust me to pick Eli over flacco the week the eagles defense decides to pitch an ace and the Tampa defence decide to give up 35 in almost a quarter.

On the up side, brees and sproles stock seems to be rising. Just need the steelers and the seahawks to realise they are run first teams again.

ReputationRep:
    Brandon Lloyd made an utterly unbelievable catch earlier today. Hes a complete nutcase, but he has probably the best body control of any receiver in the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    I got my ass handed to me this week in fantasy. At least I'm 3-2 nd all my undroppables have had their bye weeks. Trust me to pick Eli over flacco the week the eagles defense decides to pitch an ace and the Tampa defence decide to give up 35 in almost a quarter.

On the up side, brees and sproles stock seems to be rising. Just need the steelers and the seahawks to realise they are run first teams again.
    Sorry 'bout that ...I've had a few annoying losses where I have put up a big amount of points. Weird that the total I put up this week (in all my fantasy teams, to go 3-0 on the week) would have lost me every single matchup from last week. You win some, and you lose some. You're still 3-2, and a game ahead of me...so there is that...

Sproles could be injured..so watch out for that but he has a ton of upside, and the Philadelphia o-line is improved.

I know how you feel with the run...I have Lynch in my IDP team....he was predicted to score anything from 15-20 points against Dallas, BUT THE RUNS NEVER CAME!!! I made a trade to get Dez Bryant (giving up two bench players) with Calvin Johnson faltering, (he's on the bench) and my other receivers not named Steve Smith Sr. disappointing me, but after the Broncos game, I just can't bring myself to drop Lynch to the bench. Sorry Forsett.

ReputationRep:
    Will somone please beat Red Wright 88?! He caught me on my worst week by a mile and now he's at #1 at 5-0 having scored 80 points less than me over the season with me conceding an extra 60.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Will somone please beat Red Wright 88?! He caught me on my worst week by a mile and now he's at #1 at 5-0 having scored 80 points less than me over the season with me conceding an extra 60.
    I tried....putting up 111 points. (Thanks, Jay Cutler). Julio Jones and Big Ben throwing to Antonio Brown all the time (which he had) did it in for me...I hope to have my revenge in week 11. (mwhahaha).

I have the second highest scoring average (at 104.38 per game) but have the highest number of points conceded average (at 104.56). I've conceded the most points....but hopefully, that will change soon enough.

ReputationRep:

To be fair, I'm 3-3 in my other league despite being the top scorer on total points. Also, Rashad Jennings and Jimmy Graham being injured isn't going to help me much.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try, but I'm short on RBs this week, McCoy on bye week and Knowshon Moreno out for season. Steven Jackson will have to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    I'll try, but I'm short on RBs this week, McCoy on bye week and Knowshon Moreno out for season. Steven Jackson will have to do
    Ouch, if I'd have had 5 RBs I'd have tried to find a fair trade but I only have 4 and one of them is Zac Stacy.

ReputationRep:
    Rather scared to see how Patriots will replace Mayo. Really a very high amount of injuries this season.

ReputationRep:
    this is a great game of football, right to the wire.

soran.edu.iq

Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

ReputationRep:
    Are you the owner of We're Charging On? I might be willing to reach an agreement....for the right price. I'd be willing to let Lamar Miller or Ahmad Bradshaw go. For fantasy purposes, I would consider them priority flex starters or solid RB2s, but I know they are not elite. I know this seems silly, but having two QBs and two TEs on your roster seems a bit of a waste, especially when you have Rivers. If anything, you need more wide recievers. Wes Welker is starving in terms of receptions.

It's a 8 team league. It follows everyone will have a top-10 QB. Foles is simply just not one of them. Unfortunately, I really doubt you will get trade value for him. I'd pack the bench with RBs and WRs. Then when Rivers comes to having his bye week, good quarterbacks will still be available to pick up for essentially the price of a 4th/5th string RB. (it's what I did when Peyton was on a bye...picking up Big Ben for the week). I mean Tony Romo is available now.

The brutal truth is that you have a bunch of RB3s and WR3s, in fantasy terms at least. Royal will be hit and miss; Crabtree is the mythical second read of Kaepernick With Decker pretty much always injured, you don't have a whole lot of wiggle room if one of your receivers goes down; things could be rough. Jackson literally has no fantasy value. He doesn't get TDs, the Falcons o-line is banged up (and their defense gives up so many points, that they have to abandon the run and use the check downs).

As you have Gates, I'd really be tempted to cash in on Gronk for a solid WR1 or RB1, and maybe a WR3 if possible, because as a top 3 TE when healthy, he has tremendous worth. (I'm not that person...because...1. Patriots...but also because I have Jordan Cameron). One the other hand, Gates may have decent worth.

One final note...as I completely asassinate the players of your entire fantasy team. While Josh Gordon has obvious upside, expecting him to hit the ground running in week 11 is most certainly a risk. Positives...is that you have Rivers, a top 3 QB right now; Gostkowski, a top 2 kicker; and Texans defense, which has JJ Watt and Clowney returning soon.

There are a lot of difficult decisions, but I'm sure you'll turn it around.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roman law)
    this is a great game of football, right to the wire.

soran.edu.iq

Graduated from Soran University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.
    Yup. I totally agree. Much better than soccer.

But, which game are you referring to? It's not like the Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin' Cajuns totally dominated the Texas State Bobcats. The FBS week commences tomorrow, as does Division II and Division III. Div-IAA (FCS) games are played on Saturdays. Furthermore, the Thursday Night Blowout/Football is scheduled for this evening. 6.30 MT. :cool:. There were certainly a few close games this week in College and in the NFL however.

ReputationRep:
    Shane Vereen ......

ReputationRep:
    Chris Ivory did alright for you though! The Pats' run D is not good...

ReputationRep:
    This is painful, the Pats are mostly crocked, the Jets should have walked it

(Original post by ..DT..)
    Shane Vereen ......
    I have him and Dont'a Hightower in another league, smashing it this week

(Original post by shunter7634)
    Chris Ivory did alright for you though! The Pats' run D is not good...
    True, though Gronk over Gates was a mistake, watch the Chargers batter the Chiefs now.

(Original post by jammy4041)
    I've made a few changes, bearing in mind I missed the draft so it's an auto-team. My RBs started well - going from McCoy/Moreno to Stewart/Ivory is hardly ideal but that's fantasy.

ReputationRep:
    Jets played us well. Perfect game plan keep the ball out of the Patriots offense hands.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.