Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
The Mad Dog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Resisting the temptation to find out what the new Tardis looks like having managed to avoid up to now is pretty hard.
Feefifofum
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by The Mad Dog)
Resisting the temptation to find out what the new Tardis looks like having managed to avoid up to now is pretty hard.
It was in the Christmas episode...
The Mad Dog
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Feefifofum)
It was in the Christmas episode...
Yeah, but I've forgotten it so it'll be a nice surprise.
Mafer
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah... the wait! I was quite sad of Amy and Rory leaving but Clara's appearance is yet another interesting adventure... *thrills*
getfunky!
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah, but I've forgotten it so it'll be a nice surprise.
it seems quite ..cold, the previous version felt warm/welcoming.

New episodes:jive:
ChocolateMelody
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by getfunky!)
it seems quite ..cold, the previous version felt warm/welcoming.

New episodes:jive:

Yes I agree - I don't like the new version at all. But I think it's meant to reflect how the Doctor is a lot more bitter this half of the series just after losing Amy and Rory - his costumes have changed too. He definitely didn't seem like the Doctor who wants 12 jammie dodgers and a fez to work on some maps (sorry - love that line!)

So excited for Saturday!!!! Anyone else seen the prequel to the first episode, the one with the Doctor sitting on the swings with a little girl?
Watch Key Phone
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anyone else nervous about the similarities between Clara and Amy? :unsure: I'm not sure I can take another manic pixie dream girl from Moffat...
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'm away for two weeks from tomorrow, so no Doctor Who until I get back. I could cry. :cry2:. (On the plus side, I should be grateful to my parents that I'm going on holiday. But still. :cry:).

(Original post by Watch Key Phone)
Anyone else nervous about the similarities between Clara and Amy? :unsure: I'm not sure I can take another manic pixie dream girl from Moffat...
I thought in the Christmas episode she had quite her own character, but I noticed in the trailer for the Bells of St. John she even sounded like Amy at one point. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt though.
ReeceJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
but I noticed in the trailer for the Bells of St. John she even sounded like Amy at one point. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt though.
Are you talking about when she says something like 'tell me what's going on'? If you are I thought she sounded so much like Amy. I don't think she will be like Amy though because Moffat doesn't usually cop-out like that!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPad App
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ReeceJ)
Are you talking about when she says something like 'tell me what's going on'? If you are I thought she sounded so much like Amy. I don't think she will be like Amy though because Moffat doesn't usually cop-out like that!
Yes! That bit! I wondered for a minute whether it was intentional and there's something mysterious going on.
Anna-Jack-Hope
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
I'm away for two weeks from tomorrow, so no Doctor Who until I get back. I could cry. :cry2:. (On the plus side, I should be grateful to my parents that I'm going on holiday. But still. :cry:).

I thought in the Christmas episode she had quite her own character, but I noticed in the trailer for the Bells of St. John she even sounded like Amy at one point. I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt though.
Join the club!! Also away for the first two episodes!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Miracle Day
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Abbieastoria)
Would be wicked if she was river song or jack harness daughter or something

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm pretty sure Jack's daughter wouldn't be so cheery, mourning the loss of her own son.

RIP Steven
Imperial_Maniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This one sounds particularly good.
>.> that's just an old Eccleston era book.
MusicMaestro97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Can't believe I've never found this thread before!

I've often wondered why do so many people dislike Moffat?
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Because of River Song and the nonsensical and boring plots.
MusicMaestro97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Mess.)
Because of River Song and the nonsensical and boring plots.
Fair enough, I never liked River Song either-although I've enjoyed most of the episodes since her took over from RTD (except obvious ones like Dinosaurs On a Space Ship).
Imperial_Maniac
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
His writing has been a letdown.
officiallyTania
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeekkkkkkk i am so excited for tomorrow
Watch Key Phone
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by MusicMaestro97)
Can't believe I've never found this thread before!

I've often wondered why do so many people dislike Moffat?
The two main criticisms I've seen against him are a) Bad writing. That he overcomplicates things and is just trying to show off, which ends up making it difficult to watch and unnecessarily flashy. b) Sexism and misogyny, characterised in the way that he writes female characters and male/female dynamics. Also there are some pretty dodgy quotes from him in interviews about how "the fact is that women are needy", things like that.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (214)
39.27%
No - but I will (38)
6.97%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.61%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (257)
47.16%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise