Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noone29)
    Man City will win the league, their strength in depth is amazing. They won't finish lower than second. I think the top 3 are sorted before the season has even started tbh. 1. City, 2. Chelsea, 3. United.

4th depends on the next two weeks.

I think Rooney would be great, someone who drives the team. We have too many wishy washy players who don't have enough skill other than passing. It's frustrating watching Arsenal at home passing it on the half way line for 5 minutes. That's the difference between Arsenal and Barca.
    Who is a better manager in the bpl than arsene wenger?
    And would you really like to see Rooney at arsenal lifting a trophy? I wouldn't its like bale joining us than wining a trophy anyway I don't think we need him
    Arsenal should get benzema
    And offer arsene wenger a new contract

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by english007)
    And would you really like to see Rooney at arsenal lifting a trophy? I wouldn't its like bale joining us than wining a trophy anyway I don't think we need him

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The delusion in the post is outstanding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    The delusion in the post is outstanding
    Answer the question then who is a better manager in the bpl than arsene wenger

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    In some ways this summer has been a bigger joke than 2011.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In every way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    In every way.
    It hasn't finished yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jose easily (his win percentage is the highest in the PL history) he won't run a club like wenger does(although wenger doesn't do it that great tbh) but as a manager, getting his side to win and even playing on a budget he is either better than wenger or at a decent enough level(porto and inter he didn't have money yet he won the CL with both) and he would get a war chest if he went to arsenal to spend if the board are telling the truth. Right now in arsenal's economic situation he'd easily do a better job looking at his record.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arsenal won't get benzema, Madrid only have one other striker and he is relatively young (Morata), so they've got absolutely no chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mourinho

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really hope we don't lose today, just imagine if we didn't qualify, no one would want to sign for us......

ReputationRep:
    Man City have spent 90million this transfer market and will most likely finish 3rd arsene wenger team play good football you cannot spent money on good talent like Rooney because it simply wouldn't fit arsenal style of play I agree with you he needs to spend but he shouldn't over spend

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Arsenal haven't played good football for years whatever killer instinct and final ball we had is long gone and we are left with slow sideways 5 yard passes and 70% possession while doing nothing with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Derrick1509)
    Mourinho

Posted from TSR Mobile
    He will really quit Chelsea and join arsenal...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    He will really quit Chelsea and join arsenal...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Man quit smoking the pot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    And who out of the top 3 from last season is < Spurs?
    You'se are becoming a City anyway - Man Uniteds experience will keep them up there, Mourinho will take an already excellent Chelsea perhaps to the title and City's squad just oozes quality. You need to start signing WORLD class players to start challenging the big three. You did with Soldado, Soldado and Bale will put you above Arsenal. You have the potential alright, but losing Bale, regardless of the money, will still keep you in a race for 4th for the next few years.

That's assuming Arsenal kick back into form and sign a typical decent player or two this window.

(That was smart bearded man - quote yourself why don't you)

(Original post by malevolent)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    You'se are becoming a City anyway - Man Uniteds experience will keep them up there, Mourinho will take an already excellent Chelsea perhaps to the title and City's squad just oozes quality. You need to start signing WORLD class players to start challenging the big three. You did with Soldado, Soldado and Bale will put you above Arsenal. You have the potential alright, but losing Bale, regardless of the money, will still keep you in a race for 4th for the next few years.

That's assuming Arsenal kick back into form and sign a typical decent player or two this window.

(That was smart bearded man - quote yourself why don't you)
    I'm not a Spurs fan haha :laugh:

I think though if they replace Bale with Willian and Lamela they could be alright losing Bale, like I said it hurts losing someone like that but it forces the rest of the players to step up, plus its not like they are replacing Bale with Downing on the wing :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I'm not a Spurs fan haha :laugh:

I think though if they replace Bale with Willian and Lamela they could be alright losing Bale, like I said it hurts losing someone like that but it forces the rest of the players to step up, plus its not like they are replacing Bale with Downing on the wing :ahee:
    That's what Wenger would have done. The man replaced RVP with Giroud and still not done anything about it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    11 days to go...

Who is there to buy and who will we buy? You can't imagine there'll be any real business done with quality players. Arsenal are doomed this season. I really think we might be 9 points off Tottenham next Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The doom mongers really need to get a grip. We don't even need to worry, we will get Eboue back on transfer deadline day and he will save us. You heard it here first, the second coming of Christ the redeemer.

Who am i kidding? We're ****ed. Honestly pretty depressed by all of this, Wenger is taking the piss. Sees the Spuds strengthening and does **** all. I think it is a bad thing that we finished 4th last season because the man is still deluded into thinking we don't need to buy to remain stronger than Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    The doom mongers really need to get a grip. We don't even need to worry, we will get Eboue back on transfer deadline day and he will save us. You heard it here first, the second coming of Christ the redeemer.

Who am i kidding? We're ****ed. Honestly pretty depressed by all of this, Wenger is taking the piss. Sees the Spuds strengthening and does **** all. I think it is a bad thing that we finished 4th last season because the man is still deluded into thinking we don't need to buy to remain stronger than Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)

They way Tottenham are going out there and replacing Bale (most likely leaving) is remarkable. I don't think many teams would have done it this way - Willian and Lamela would just make their attack frightening. If Arsenal sold Bale they probably would have pursued Suarez but end up with Sagbo from Hull and put the rest away.

This summer is a lot worse than 2011 so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.