Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Will Arsenal get maximum points from Swansea at home and Burnley away? I'd bet my house on it.
    I wouldn't do that if I were you. Don't wanna end up homeless.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I wouldn't do that if I were you. Don't wanna end up homeless.
    Things can't be that bad, surely?

There's no shame in losing to Dortmund...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qwerty_mad)
    On the bench. Wenger seems to have little faith in him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If Wenger is going to persist with this new formation then id rather he use cazorla on the wing. Ozil is not a winger, and isn't effective there at all. He also needs to bring Ospina in so that shez knows not to keep ****ing about like he often does. Campell really needs a chance IMO.

Why don't we do a 442 diamond when we're chasing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yes, but are United going to get points off Everton away and City at home? I've seen nothing to indicate that we will.

Will Arsenal get maximum points from Swansea at home and Burnley away? I'd bet my house on it.
    Rooney usually turns up to that game and does a madness.

swansea is their bogey team

think they might struggle against park the bus teams, but we shall see. plus arsenal are the easiest team to set up against. pacey forward and defend. 6-1-3 formation,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Selling Verm was perfectly logical. He only had a years to go on his contract and he couldn't break the Kos-Mert partnership and he wanted gametime. £15M was an incredibly good deal. The fact a replacement wasn't brought in despite Wenger saying he would is the bigger gripe

tbh Most if not all Arsenal fans would agree with you
    That's my point, the sale in itself was good, but what does the 15m actually do? It just weakens the team, and will mean Arsenal continue to go sideways, as for some odd reason he didn't get replaced.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Oh please, Dortmund were brilliant tonight. Yes, we were rubbish, but even if we were playing properly I don't think we could have won. Besides, show me a manager who has a definitive strategy to counter Mourinho and this Chelsea team, and I will show you a liar. Of course we will lose to Chelsea, we have before and we will again. Most people do. Don't act as if this is some kind of shock to our system.
    Pep guardiola

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    If AW is committed to playing 4-1-4-1 he has to drop Ozil. If AW is committed to playing Ozil he has to drop 4-1-4-1.
    You should be more committed to playing Ozil than playing a 4-1-4-1. You broke the bank last Summer to bring a player in who you can build a team around. While he may not be living up to his expectations, you should still be building the team around him until you know it can't succeed. It's still your best option right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Nothing wrong with setting up defensively away to one of the best teams in Europe. A point would have been a very good result.
    No top side ever sets up not to lose in the CL because it backfires. There's a massive difference between that and playing conservatively on the counter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Is Welbeck still the next Henry then?
    LOL that was just banter anyway

ReputationRep:
    the podolski shin pad scene made the match bearable. would rewatch just for that.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    I'll be sipping that Kermit tea. Arsenal is non of my business till we win convincingly.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Pep guardiola

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, and look at the teams he has taken control of. Hardly a fair comparison.

ReputationRep:
    Dat guy welbz

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'll be sipping that Kermit tea. Arsenal is non of my business till we win convincingly.
    Youre supposed to be an Arsenal fan though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    You should be more committed to playing Ozil than playing a 4-1-4-1. You broke the bank last Summer to bring a player in who you can build a team around. While he may not be living up to his expectations, you should still be building the team around him until you know it can't succeed. It's still your best option right now.
    I think what she's saying is that playing with Ozil on the wing is like playing with 10 players. So, if he is going to use that formation, he should use someone else there. He does nothing there, and is much more effective centrally. Wenger can not try out new formations like a 4-1-4-1, and play it with 5 CMs.

If he does persist with this formation it would be better to play Cazorla on the left.. He puts in a better shift then Ozil does on the wing. For some reason Wenger doesn't use Ox there, when we all know Ox would beast it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    the podolski shin pad scene made the match bearable. would rewatch just for that.
    He was looking for our DM, not his shin pads!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We need to stop playing this 4-1-4-1 it just doesn't work for us with arteta playing in the holding position and our fb's bombing up the pitch. We should switch to 4-3-3 or go back to 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of ozil. Knowing wenger he will persist with this and we will get thrashed at the bridge again. He needs to sort his tactics.

Walcott plz hurry back he's the only big game player we have!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Things can't be that bad, surely?

There's no shame in losing to Dortmund...
    it was the manner of defeat.

men vs boys.

squad seriously defunct for purpose. looks like a mid table side.

the fans have been sold a lot of dreams and they hate it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    That's my point, the sale in itself was good, but what does the 15m actually do? It just weakens the team, and will mean Arsenal continue to go sideways, as for some odd reason he didn't get replaced.
    Common denominator: Wenger

Too comfortable in his position imo. He hasn't learn his lessons from the past, he's assembled a very poor team here.

But is a long ole season judge in May I guess. Doubt he board has got the balls to sack him
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Considering that Arsenal needed a CB before they sold Vermaelen, it's incredibly strange. They got £30m from that and the clauses for Fabregas & Vela. Plus £30m for making the CL. Surely that could have been used to bring in someone?

(Original post by sevchenko)
    But is a long ole season judge in May I guess. Doubt he board has got the balls to sack him
    If Wenger was sacked tomorrow, who would you expect the club to go for?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.