Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Tragic thing is how much you're hurting so you're desperately looking to attack whoever you can.

Attachment 571174

Nearly couldn't fit you on the page pal!
    Haha, i'll give you that one Luke.

I guess we'll see come the end of the season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Haha, i'll give you that one Luke.

I guess we'll see come the end of the season
    Damn right we will

Can't remember the last time we were 2nd, just give me this one before we inevitably lose to Burnley next week...

Best thing about your next fixture is that it means either Arsenal or Burnley can't be on higher than 1 point
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    Nice that you're still hopeful of a top 4 finish
    Put it this way, as soon as you finish 5th or lower, Wenger will be instantly sacked. It might actually be better for your club in the long run really?

Problem is that Wenger has created the mentality around the club that 4th is good enough when it really isn't. Do you think United would be satisfied finishing 4th this season?

In 3 consecutive seasons, I'd rather finish 9th, 8th and 1st than 4th, 3rd and 2nd.
    Wenger wouldn't be sacked even if they got relegated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    Those are hardly worldbeaters.
    Chambers at his age and with his experience isn't ready to start for Arsenal, so don't even get me started on Holding who should be nowhere near the first team. Evans would start over them any day of the week and he has top quality experience.

Ighalo will bang in goals for sure. People laughed when Liverpool signed Mane but look how that turned out. He's a proven premier league goal scorer: 64 appearances, 32 goals. He's 6'2, he's pacy, and scores 1 in 2, sign him up.

Arnautovic I just think would be top quality depth, so we're not having to rely on a 20 year old. Why is a 20 year old in our starting line up. Only God tier prospects should be starting at a club of this stature at that age.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Mustafi deal off according to twitter, surely even you can't bottle this

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can't write off anything before 1 September, didn't Ozil say he would stay at Real Madrid just 3 days before he went

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Can't write off anything before 1 September, didn't Ozil say he would stay at Real Madrid just 3 days before he went
    Scenes when Ozil leaves Arsenal in 3 days

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is based off some fake itk who uses an alias rather than his actual name. Frankly, it's #madness anyone believes these nonces in the first place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    This is based off some fake itk who uses an alias rather than his actual name. Frankly, it's #madness anyone believes these nonces in the first place
    You talking about that horse guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Quite honestly don't hate RVP anymore , I understand why he left for Untied. The club were not going to buy the necessary players. It's the same **** show now. I actually think Cesc's exit was a lot more treacherous than RVP. RVP stipulated that he wanted ambition from the club and signings. He carried that banter era team on his back. I would say it is the club's fault for selling him to United when they could have took the hit and sold him to Juve for cheaper, the club just does not care about the fans or it's own pride. The board are a disease.

Usmanov would be a lot more permitting with transfers but alas he's a convict lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why would he want to join? We've paid for a lack of ambition in the transfer market leading to stagnancy on the pitch. We're not a club that can pluck the best young/up and coming players like we used to be able to.

I also highly doubt Wenger's coaching abilities these days. Fabregas? Not a great player. Nasri? Not great. RVP is the only real amazing player that I can think of that he has produced in years.

It's just an AIDs fest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swirly)
    Chambers at his age and with his experience isn't ready to start for Arsenal, so don't even get me started on Holding who should be nowhere near the first team. Evans would start over them any day of the week and he has top quality experience.

Ighalo will bang in goals for sure. People laughed when Liverpool signed Mane but look how that turned out. He's a proven premier league goal scorer: 64 appearances, 32 goals. He's 6'2, he's pacy, and scores 1 in 2, sign him up.

Arnautovic I just think would be top quality depth, so we're not having to rely on a 20 year old. Why is a 20 year old in our starting line up. Only God tier prospects should be starting at a club of this stature at that age.
    The thing is, will he ever be ready under the club's tutelage? We are gambling on him coming good, meanwhile we could play him for years and he may never improve like many players. We are just hoping he comes good, that is all it is, hope. We have seen no indication yet that he will be a PL winning quality defender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    The board are a disease..
    Gazidis in 2013: 'We’re very confident with the new deals we’ve got coming through, although we can’t talk about that in any detail. That’s showing really positive progression. We should be able to compete at a level like a club such as Bayern Munich'

source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...dis-qa-1936217

Gazidis in 2016: We cannot compete financially with our rivals.

source: http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soc...-idUKKCN1080K1

ReputationRep:
    Gazidis in 2013: 'We’re very confident with the new deals we’ve got coming through, although we can’t talk about that in any detail. That’s showing really positive progression. We should be able to compete at a level like a club such as Bayern Munich'

To put it in perspective, Gazidis is only saying so and so because Kroenke literally said "we are not challenging" and diverted all the Arsenal money to his Waggoner (or Wenger) Ranch.

ReputationRep:

I don't think anyone laughed when Liverpool signed Mane, he's not a bad player. Even then the naysayers could be proved right as Mane has only played ONE game for Liverpool. Charlie Adam looked good when he first signed for Liverpool.

Watford and Stoke wouldn't be able to get anyone better in and know Arsenal are loaded so they'll end up overpaying for the players, which shouldn't be an issue for Arsenal, but it is.

Ighalo could be good but he had the advantage of being in a system where Deeney was there specifically to draw men so that Ighalo had space to finish. He wasn't exactly setting the world alight in the second half of the season either. We've seen what happens to the likes of Benteke and Bony when they're moved out of systems that favour them into bigger clubs with more attention.

I'm not fully sold on Evans being an Arsenal quality centre half. He is in a WBA defence that sit deep and have two holding midfielders in front of them, he is prone to making errors when the spotlights on him.

I agree with you on Arnautovic.

Overall, I think that Ighalo and Evans aren't particularly ambitious signings though for a club with title ambitions.

ReputationRep:

I think he is being very selective with his choice of Bayern, Bayern's signings typically cost circa £30m so there is no evidence that we can't compete with them financially. However, they are a lot more efficient in the transfer market in terms of getting deals done and they have a monopoly on the domestic German player market as an advantage. I think Gazidis in 2016 is judging our immediate rivals as Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City... all who have much more spending power than us. Yet, the market is big enough that we can get the right players in to win the league... its just that they don't spend the money.

Our board don't want to win the league and they want to keep expectations down, while we keep spending money. We are always one or two players short for a reason, they don't want to spend more money.

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal ITK Twitter is in full meltdown. We now have accounts called "the Arsenal horse" claiming "player x" is shortly having a medical. Taking advantage of all the outrage in the fanbase and spouting any old sh*t.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ClockEnderAFC)
    Arsenal ITK Twitter is in full meltdown. We now have accounts called "the Arsenal horse" claiming "player x" is shortly having a medical. Taking advantage of all the outrage in the fanbase and spouting any old sh*t.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    It's not the despair. I can take the despair. It's the hope that kills you.

ReputationRep:
    That arsenal fan tv interview where the guy says Wenger cant even attract girls :rofl:

was that really a necessary comment :rofl:

inb4 he makes a TSR thread, 8 million pa but no hoes

ReputationRep:
    That arsenal fan tv interview where the guy says Wenger cant even attract girls :rofl:

was that really a necessary comment :rofl:

inb4 he makes a TSR thread, 8 million pa but no hoes
    I can't take it any more. Send link. I'm dying too much.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.