The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
swirly
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Dirtybit)
Yeah those diagonals with actual attacking intent is what I expect!
https://streamable.com/bavb

Imagine Messi and Rooney in the same team.

Rooney hitting those right diags, Messi with those left diags :coma:

Much cohesion. Much philosophy.
samir12
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by qasidb)
The difference is that WWE try to pass it off as real, whereas the things that you listed don't. E.g. commentators commentating as if what they're seeing is real, "OH MY GOD DID YOU SEE THAT?! HE'S TAKEN HIM DOWN JUST LIKE THAT! THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE!" Also things like being able to bet on the "winner".

It's all a farce.

Posted from TSR Mobile
If the WWE didn't try to pass it off as real then it would be as dull as **** to watch.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by swirly)
https://streamable.com/bavb

Imagine Messi and Rooney in the same team.

Rooney hitting those right diags, Messi with those left diags :coma:

Much cohesion. Much philosophy.

Neymar Suarez
Alba Rooney Messi Valencia

The Rooney assist to ashley young though :coma:
KingKoala
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rooney is better in midfield than Schneiderlin.
Kenan and Kel
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Rooney is such a ******** with his passing idc
swirly
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by KingKoala)
ffs
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Doesn't say much right now
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
Doesn't say much right now
I know, I know. I have been saying he is not United standard since the start of the season.
Kenan and Kel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I know, I know. I have been saying he is not United standard since the start of the season.
The worrying about Schneiderlin is that even in his best games this season, he's only been solid and shown no real star quality. Really needs to step it up, I'd take some inconsistency from him if it meant you get the odd 8-9/10 performance out of him.
James.Carnell
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you guys hire Mourinho you will win the Premier League most likely, after spending millions upon millions. You will win after selling all of your young players down the river, which imo would be a travesty because as a fan of another club I love that the club has kept with tradition. Man Utd are my favourite club other than my own because of it's traditions and values, and it's rise through the years to become a superclub.

Mourinho is a winner but his football is soulless and I could see the young players (Rashford, Lingard, Fosu-Mensah, Varela, Januzaj) getting benched indefinitely. That IMO, would be a travesty.

Yes, Mourinho may keep the players like he kept many of Ranieri's players... but I don't see it happening because he would be so desperate to beat Pep that he would destroy their careers to grant himself instant success. Mourinho is a footballing parasite like that, he does not build empires. He takes finished products (players) and then wins with them. This team is not the finished product by any means.

The best option imo is Simeone, a guy that has shown he can nurture young players and win. Also, his style of football would prove to be effective in the PL. If Simeone wins the CL his job with Atletico is done surely... where does he go from there? Everything should be done to get Simeone. Not easy to lure away from Atletico, but he is a damn sight more appealing than Mourinho.
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
The worrying about Schneiderlin is that even in his best games this season, he's only been solid and shown no real star quality. Really needs to step it up, I'd take some inconsistency from him if it meant you get the odd 8-9/10 performance out of him.
I don't think he is the type of player we need at the moment. Lacks technical ability, doesn't get forward enough, no leadership skills, lack of overall experience, etc...
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A shame for DDG that he didn't get the Golden Glove. He deserved it, really.
Dirtybit
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I want to cry whenever I see Lingard mentioned as a youngster along with Rashford and TFM

The guy is 5/6 years older than them for crying out loud. He's older than Pogba too.
mojojojo101
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I want to cry whenever I see Lingard mentioned as a youngster along with Rashford and TFM

The guy is 5/6 years older than them for crying out loud. He's older than Pogba too.
He's only about 9 months younger than Neymar as well...
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Lingard is 23. Wow.
I always just assumed that he was 18-20. He is absolutely nowhere near the quality he should be right now.

It baffles me how players like Fellaini and Lingard can regularly get a starting place in the squad. We don't have many stars like DDG or Martial but at least we have no passengers in our starting XI.
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I don't get how Lingard justifies a first team place?
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I didn't understand playing a full strength team tbh Now if we tire and concede late goals v Palace the blame will be on LVG again for playing a strong team in a dead rubber.

DDG Valencia Smalling Blind CBJ Rooney Schneiderlin Herrera Martial Mata Rashford

would be my starting 11 for the cup final.
KingKoala
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Lingard is 23. Wow.
I always just assumed that he was 18-20. He is absolutely nowhere near the quality he should be right now.

It baffles me how players like Fellaini and Lingard can regularly get a starting place in the squad. We don't have many stars like DDG or Martial but at least we have no passengers in our starting XI.
Joe Allen?Sakho?
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bammy jastard 27)
Yeah I don't get how Lingard justifies a first team place?
Because he dabs, but seriously I used to despise him as much as anyone but he gives the team a lot off the ball in that he closes down, chases back, can complete simple passes (can't shoot) and hes got a bit of pace.

But I would rather play Depay over him, Depay is younger than him as well
bj27
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
Because he dabs, but seriously I used to despise him as much as anyone but he gives the team a lot off the ball in that he closes down, chases back, can complete simple passes (can't shoot) and hes got a bit of pace.

But I would rather play Depay over him, Depay is younger than him as well
Yeah, running around a lot doesn't justify a first team place.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (143)
18.94%
Labour (322)
42.65%
Liberal Democrats (153)
20.26%
Green Party (41)
5.43%
Brexit Party (21)
2.78%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.26%
SNP (9)
1.19%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.79%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)