Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    anyone do new edexcel history/english lit as?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else had very odd results in WJEC ICT as level today? I've got A's all year long and only dropped 3 marks in the mock out of 100, then today I got a D on ICT1 and a C overall. It doesnt really matter to me that I got a C because im dropping it and unis wouldnt like it anyway but I want to know if anybody else has experienced anything similar.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    aqa eng lit is unfair - everyone in my year marked down
    AQA Eng Lit was harsh this year!

(Original post by Aurora_Boreal1s)
    I got my A-level results earlier and I was predicted ABBC but I managed to get A*AAB, with the A* in Spanish, the A in English Language, an A in Maths and a B in biology (I only got a C in the Unit 5 exam). I am so happy and I think I will be going to the University of Iceland (where I'm from) to do Biology. I think I am going to withdraw from my firm (University of Manchester) but I haven't decided yet.

Congrats to everyone in the class of 2016! :badger::badger::badger::badger::badger:
    Oh wow! Congratulations! Enjoy Iceland or Manchester. I'm sure both will be brilliant.

(Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    I didn't do well this year but will do well next year, I will make sure of it and for the rest of you, if you did meh you will be fine too and you did great congrats!!!!
    That's the spirit - it may not be what you wanted but sometimes the scenic route can be just as interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody else had very odd results in WJEC ICT as level today? I've got A's all year long and only dropped 3 marks in the mock out of 100, then today I got a D on ICT1 and a C overall. It doesnt really matter to me that I got a C because im dropping it and unis wouldnt like it anyway but I want to know if anybody else has experienced anything similar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BunnyMidnight)
    Congrats!!!
    this year is a linear year so will have to do that all over again :'(
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!
    How do you mean?? I was looking to drop it anyway, as it's an AS. Just wondering what sort of impact it would have on my application and wether to get remark?

Sorry maybe I'm not understanding you properly??
    ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt.avf98)
    Is it OK to tell wait a wekk - 10 days to tell my insurance choice that I won't be going, while I try to get into my firm?
    That's fine. You could tell them the day before your course starts that you're not turning up

ReputationRep:
    Got C C C D - AS results :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manningA15)
    anyone do new edexcel history/english lit as?
    I did !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    What were you aiming for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fairlyemily)
    My school is handling the transition really weirdly so I only did one AS in geography this year. Beasted it lads, full UMS! So happy
    Most schools are working the same way. We're all winging it for now.

Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt.avf98)
    How long can I leave it to tell my insurance choice that I am not going there? I've been rejected by my firm but accepted by insurance, but I think I will try and get into my firm, perhaps on a different course. Seeing as this might take up to a week, is it OK for me to leave it that long before telling my insurance I won't be going?
    My opinion is to wait. You don't want to turn down your insurance, then get rejected again from your firm on the second course. You will be left with nothing.

Wait for a week, if you can. At least, you know that you have a place at Uni.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ligand)
    A2
    A* - OCR Salters Chemistry
    A* - OCR Mathematics
    A - OCR Physics

AS
    A - OCR Salters Chemistry
    A - OCR Mathematics
    A - OCR Physics
    A - Edexcel Biology

Going to study Chemistry at Durham!
    Well done! I just finished my first year, same course. It's pretty great tbh. Which college?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Everything okay?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    That's fine. You could tell them the day before your course starts that you're not turning up
    Thanks for your response

Are you sure they would be fine releasing me so close to the start date?? It's unlikely i'll leave it that long :P, but up to say the end of August, would they definitely be fine with me saying i'll not be going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    I have no idea about that -

Luckily SFE have a page on TSR explaining it http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...-clearing-2016
    I might be being really thick here but I cannot see where it says 'change your application'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    You're not the first person even in this thread to say about going to SOAS to do english but swap to Law.

It's not going to happen - they're not stupid and they wont allow people in "through the back door". You can risk it but only do that if you're happy taking the original degree if they decline a request to swap....if you don't want to do english then don't take the place. There's quite a few places offering law
    thats true
    yes but not many in london tbh that i want to go to

I know Brunel have spaces but i don't like Brunel at all tbh. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    My opinion is to wait. You don't want to turn down your insurance, then get rejected again from your firm on the second course. You will be left with nothing.

Wait for a week, if you can. At least, you know that you have a place at Uni.

Good luck.
    Thanks for your advice

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain how clearing day works. Say for A-levels I am predicted an AAC or AAD and manage to get AAA or AAB and want to go somewhere like UCL where an AAB is needed. On clearing day is there a chance of them taking me because of my higher grade for what I want?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    Everything okay?
    Guys lets say if you done bad in a non reformed AS course. will the grade count towards anything. also can you choose not to include them in your application if you do not wish to let unis know about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joeyy113)
    I did !!
    how did you do? (if you don't mind me asking)

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.