Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Some of that game-management and play calling in the second half and towards the end, was just bad. The Jets defense is a top 5 unit, with its secondary being bad. What it seemed to reinforce was on how small a leash Geno is on at the moment. He is not really being trusted to make plays with his feet or arm, with a lot of yardage coming off dump-offs and slants. He was efficient, however, so there is some hope.

Credit to the Patriots though. You can not take divisional rivalries for granted. Even against....Oakland.

ReputationRep:
    Harvin to the Jets for a conditional pick according to Rich Eisen in the last minute. I like Percy, I hope he can help poor Geno out, given that he's only being allowed to throw checkdowns Harvin could be exactly the guy they want!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently they've been having him on the market for some weeks. To some extent maybe we just couldn't find a way to use him but it sounds like it could be an attitude problem so cut the losses before the locker room becomes too toxic... Wonder if he had anything to do with Bladwin's rant last week?

-sigh- Maybe if we all buy him some flowers and chocolates and name our newborns after him, Tate will come back to us. Now Bladwin is our #1 receiver, it's a tad worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Percy Harvin to the Jets...

Watch us go 10-6 now :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
    Percy Harvin to the Jets...

Watch us go 10-6 now :teehee:
    Good move for the Jets...if they can control him. If Seattle were willing to give him up for a mid-round pick, he must have been causing real problems.

ReputationRep:
    Harvin is a head case. Guy is a locker room cancer. Seattle did the right thing.

ReputationRep:
    Let's be honest beyond the Super Bowl and the Green Bay game what good games did he have for us? Our receiving corps do look a little bare now though... I feel like we have quite a few talents in there but there's no real No.1 receiver, an AJ Green or Megatron or Dez Bryant. I really like Lockette and I think Richardson could develop, but really next draft or even in the offseason we need to get a top receiver (Jimmy Graham's gonna be a free agent, hehehe)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Let's be honest beyond the Super Bowl and the Green Bay game what good games did he have for us? Our receiving corps do look a little bare now though... I feel like we have quite a few talents in there but there's no real No.1 receiver, an AJ Green or Megatron or Dez Bryant. I really like Lockette and I think Richardson could develop, but really next draft or even in the offseason we need to get a top receiver (Jimmy Graham's gonna be a free agent, hehehe)
    Probably because the seahawks use him in the same way. End Around...End Around...End Around. Either use him in the slot, or like the Redskins use D-Jax. Harvin hasn't had many good games for Seattle, but that has been down to injury. Harvin wasn't the difference maker some Seattle fans were claiming his was at the start of the season (Along the lines of. "Now we have Harvin back, we will repeat easily" etc) but he hasn't suddenly become a bad wideout.

It's a questionable trade because the Seahawks gave up three picks (including a first in 2013, a third in 2014 and a seventh in 2013) and are getting a (conditional) 2nd-4th rounder. It's win-win all around for the Jets. Harvin's still only 26.

Also, if Amari Cooper declares for the 2015 draft...he will be the best receiver in the draft, and likely a top10, or even a top 5, pick to boot. He could well end up on the Jets, or Oakland, yet!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Probably because the seahawks use him in the same way. End Around...End Around...End Around. Either use him in the slot, or like the Redskins use D-Jax. Harvin hasn't had many good games for Seattle, but that has been down to injury. Harvin wasn't the difference maker some Seattle fans were claiming his was at the start of the season (Along the lines of. "Now we have Harvin back, we will repeat easily" etc) but he hasn't suddenly become a bad wideout.

It's a questionable trade because the Seahawks gave up three picks (including a first in 2013, a third in 2014 and a seventh in 2013) and are getting a (conditional) 2nd-4th rounder. It's win-win all around for the Jets. Harvin's still only 26.

Also, if Amari Cooper declares for the 2015 draft...he will be the best receiver in the draft, and likely a top10, or even a top 5, pick to boot. He could well end up on the Jets, or Oakland, yet!!
    I haven't really watched many seahawks games this year but if they have only been using him in gimmicky wildcat formations then they only have themselves to blame for his lack of production. With a dynamic QB, and a strong run first priority they really should be setting teams up to get him in deep.

As a side note I'm glad it's Tampa's bye week, my mood on Sunday may be better than recently. Will be able to watch a few different teams and focus on my fantasy team instead.

ReputationRep:
    Jets need a secondary not wide receivers!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah jets won't draft a receiver again for a while. Their pressing concern is that abysmal secondary.

Seahawks lack weapons but they can go back to being a run team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Yeah jets won't draft a receiver again for a while. Their pressing concern is that abysmal secondary.

Seahawks lack weapons but they can go back to being a run team.
    You're liking Marshawn Lynch at #3 even more now then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    You're liking Marshawn Lynch at #3 even more now then?
    It was me that advocated so much for Lynch at #3 lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    It was me that advocated so much for Lynch at #3 lol
    Oops, I don't know anymore, I just win my matchups and hope the guy above me loses his. You're pretty much the only guy who picked an RB in the top 5 who has got proper value for the pick. Forte started really slowly for me at #4 and the problems of Charles, AP and McCoy have been well documented.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Oops, I don't know anymore, I just win my matchups and hope the guy above me loses his. You're pretty much the only guy who picked an RB in the top 5 who has got proper value for the pick. Forte started really slowly for me at #4 and the problems of Charles, AP and McCoy have been well documented.
    Yeah, shame my WRs have literally been useless.

ReputationRep:
    Really dislike Jamies Winston he will throw it all away. Guy is a nutter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Really dislike Jamies Winston he will throw it all away. Guy is a nutter.
    Has he done something stupid again? He played really well yesterday, beyond the one pick

ReputationRep:
    Seattle look like a complete mess right now.

ReputationRep:
    The Rams WILL find a way to mess this up. We always do.

ReputationRep:
    Dalton's going to be indicted for GBH with intent under joint enterprise laws if he keeps throwing Giovanni Bernard hospital passes.

Agree about Seattle too, how do you fall for that if you're watching the ball!?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.