Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lamela------ --------Willian
    ----------Soldado

Walcott------ --------Podolski
    ----------Giroud

Our top three vs Tottenham's top three. Their one is full of pace, flair and trickery and a real goalscorer. Ours is made up of two 'wingers' who wanna play up front, are just absolutely direct and a striker who can't score more than one a game. Podolski is the crappest winger I've watched.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)

This summer is a lot worse than 2011 so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    In 2011 they had the excuse that 2 major players were pushing to leave and creating long transfer sagas -,- this time its just good old fashioned ineptitude

ReputationRep:
    They way Tottenham are going out there and replacing Bale (most likely leaving) is remarkable. I don't think many teams would have done it this way - Willian and Lamela would just make their attack frightening. If Arsenal sold Bale they probably would have pursued Suarez but end up with Sagbo from Hull and put the rest away.

This summer is a lot worse than 2011 so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Agreed. I just want to see some ambition ffs. Not putting a joke of a 10 million offer for an average Cabaye (lets face it, if he was top four material he would have got bought by a top four club before now) to fob off the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mcnubn)
    In 2011 they had the excuse that 2 major players were pushing to leave and creating long transfer sagas -,- this time its just good old fashioned ineptitude
    Wenger has gone on about us not losing any players this year. True and that's very important. But doesn't he realise the players we have aren't exactly world-beaters. We finished 17 points off UTD, lost to Blackburn in the FA Cup, to Bradford in the League Cup and destroyed by Bayern at home. So yes we might still have all the players we want but that's not to say the team doesn't need real quality additions. Shame because had we made a few sound signings, we might have done something this season. This is another reason why I think Wenger has lost it a little.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here we go again :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goofymark13)
    Here we go again :sigh:
    About? I think you have to accept people's frustrations and this will be the case until we make some real quality buys. It's happened every year - Arsenal selling a false dream and making a shambles of the league campaign. This year seems to be no different.

You can't tell people to wait until the window is over and make judgements then. People never forget history. I don't want another year of scrounging for 4th and not being able to compete with the finest in this country and Europe. It's tiring and really upsetting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wenger out. He's taking the piss out of us. We won't finish 4th with our squad now if we're going to drop out we might as well change our manager

End of story

ReputationRep:
    At the end of the day the guy is getting paid £7 million a year. Have you guys ever entertained the thought that he does not give a damn anymore and is just now pretty delusional. I think he is just looking at Arsenal as a big personal vanity project and the board are agreeing to it because it saves them having to shell out money for new players. Youth project? Finishing fourth against the odds? Ok, it's all very impressive considering the fact that by and large he has succeeded in doing those things. But, this is Arsenal FC not Arsene FC. We NEED to be challenging for honours and right now I don't see us anywhere near that. We're not even close. The guy has become bigger than the club, apparently he is 'God'. I think that is very toxic, and believe me, when we finish 5th or below which seems likely the **** will hit the fan.

I might be wrong, but it just looks like one big gravy train at the moment. Fair enough he says there are no good players in the market. But, I think that is just a shameless lie, of course there are good players out there, preparations should have been made WAY earlier. You don't see United usually having this problem, they usually do their business quietly and their buys are pretty straightforward. Why does everything have to be so inept at this club? It's a ****ing pisstake when people like us are paying the biggest season tickets and are treated like **** in return. Gazidis is a lying piece of ****.

ReputationRep:
    Wenger has been so incompetent, if he does make any signings why has he left it so late? As of now we will not make top 4! Looks how times are that we don't even talk about us being able to challenge for trophies anymore. He has to leave at end of season, even if we make top 4 and get some signings because we've gone on about all this money and yet we've done nothing, I don't see how even with signings we will challenge for trophies which was what us fans expected at the end of last season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    At the end of the day the guy is getting paid £7 million a year. Have you guys ever entertained the thought that he does not give a damn anymore and is just now pretty delusional. I think he is just looking at Arsenal as a big personal vanity project and the board are agreeing to it because it saves them having to shell out money for new players. Youth project? Finishing fourth against the odds? Ok, it's all very impressive considering the fact that by and large he has succeeded in doing those things. But, this is Arsenal FC not Arsene FC. We NEED to be challenging for honours and right now I don't see us anywhere near that. We're not even close. The guy has become bigger than the club, apparently he is 'God'. I think that is very toxic, and believe me, when we finish 5th or below which seems likely the **** will hit the fan.

I might be wrong, but it just looks like one big gravy train at the moment. Fair enough he says there are no good players in the market. But, I think that is just a shameless lie, of course there are good players out there, preparations should have been made WAY earlier. You don't see United usually having this problem, they usually do their business quietly and their buys are pretty straightforward. Why does everything have to be so inept at this club? It's a ****ing pisstake when people like us are paying the biggest season tickets and are treated like **** in return. Gazidis is a lying piece of ****.
    I agree with a lot of what you are saying, but I think the key problem is not Wenger himself, it is the fact that he is supported by a board that don't care how well the team do, as long as Wenger is making a huge turnover each year. With another board or different owners anger would be expected to bring trophies rather than just make money, so he would be less reluctant to spend to improve the squad.
    Another problem is the fact that we (the fans) keep paying ridiculous prices for season tickets rather than boycotting games to so the team can get away with not Winning trophies, bcos they still make money.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions what Gazidis will say next June?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm worried Wenger has made some bad mistakes this window but anyone criticizing him as greedy because of how much he earns is a f moron. He could easily earn twice a much at a bunch of other clubs, if he wants to move to managing another club team PSG will probably just write him a blank cheque.

ReputationRep:
    You thought Tottenham were only improving their attack? Think again as they've made an enquiry for Mamadou Sakho of PSG. They're relentless.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "We finally have the financial capabilities to spend big." Gazidis probably left a couple of years ago leaving a recording saying that.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Joel5001)
    Another problem is the fact that we (the fans) keep paying ridiculous prices for season tickets rather than boycotting games to so the team can get away with not Winning trophies, bcos they still make money.
    That's never going to work because for every fan that does this, there will be 5 waiting to take his place. Don't Arsenal have one of the longest ST waiting lists in the country?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    That's never going to work because for every fan that does this, there will be 5 waiting to take his place. Don't Arsenal have one of the longest ST waiting lists in the country?
    Apparently we do but I think it's falling dramatically. I know people who are below 7,000 on the waiting list who got called by Arsenal this summer and offered a season ticket. A fair few people arn't taking them because they're just too expensive. (But take this with a pinch of salt, it is after anecdotal evidence)

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We now have more money than ever before and we will buy world class players.

Reality a couple of free transfers and a german or spanish under 21 who we've never heard of before that will become the next big player only to return to their respective country at the age of 25.

ReputationRep:
    You thought Tottenham were only improving their attack? Think again as they've made an enquiry for Mamadou Sakho of PSG. They're relentless.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could mean that with all the new players the spuds could have teething issues with all these players having never played together before. We should be taking advantage now - unfortunately last saturday was not the way to start...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    15000-20000 is the figure I hear mostly, plenty havent bothered renewing this year though and who can blame them?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Zürich)
    15000-20000 is the figure I hear mostly, plenty havent bothered renewing this year though and who can blame them?
    Understandable but there are still hordes of JCL's, daytrippers and corporates who would take them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.