Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Things can't be that bad, surely?

There's no shame in losing to Dortmund...
    As a 'top' club we should be playing better. It has been that bad.

(Original post by yodawg321)
    Youre supposed to be an Arsenal fan though.
    That doesn't mean I should act like it's all sunshine and rainbows when we're under par.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest)
    the podolski shin pad scene made the match bearable. would rewatch just for that.
    did he actually borrow mesut's sweaty ones?

thats disgusting man. cant be having another mans' juices on you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    As a 'top' club we should be playing better. It has been that bad.

That doesn't mean I should act like it's all sunshine and rainbows when we're under par.
    Just join the dark side already!!

(Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    I'll be sipping that Kermit tea. Arsenal is non of my business till we win convincingly.
    Lol, how can the whole world know about our problems apart from the one person with the ability to rectify them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Moyes would take you further in Europe than Wenger. True story. He'll have Ozil running those laps.

ReputationRep:
    As it stands I'm dreading the Chelsea away match in October. Hoping against my better judgement diaby can have a big impact in this side and that Walcott can come back firing on all cylinders.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Common denominator: Wenger

Too comfortable in his position imo. He hasn't learn his lessons from the past, he's assembled a very poor team here.

But is a long ole season judge in May I guess. Doubt he board has got the balls to sack him
    Exactly, judge in May, but at this moment in time this lack of depth in defence is inexcusable and will cost Arsenal points.

(Original post by sr90)
    Considering that Arsenal needed a CB before they sold Vermaelen, it's incredibly strange. They got £30m from that and the clauses for Fabregas & Vela. Plus £30m for making the CL. Surely that could have been used to bring in someone?

If Wenger was sacked tomorrow, who would you expect the club to go for?
    It's a shame in a way, a club with great potential is being mad a mockery out of by constantly coming up short.

ReputationRep:
    Lol at people saying Dortmund played well, they hardly did anything special Arsenal were just defending like ********s. Most of their chances were just easy balls which could be dealt with if Arsenal could do the basics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ouch. Mertesacker and Koscielny seen in the changing room.

Spoiler:
    Show
    [IMG]http://cdn.necole*****ie.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Rihanna-Drake-Take-Care-.jpg[/IMG]

ReputationRep:
    If we play the way/formation we played tonight vs chelsea..............

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gob Bluth)
    Exactly, judge in May, but at this moment in time this lack of depth in defence is inexcusable and will cost Arsenal points.

It's a shame in a way, a club with great potential is being mad a mockery out of by constantly coming up short.
    How anyone can defend wenger for making arteta captain and then giving him a new contract all the while not bringing in a better player is absurd and those people will have proved to be arsene wenger supporters and not arsenal supporters. There's a limit to how much **** one man can get away with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    David Moyes is that you?
    Moyes had the problem of setting up not to lose when we could clearly win.

Setting up not to lose isn't not how we play and I hope it's never how we play, I'd rather we played more a more conservative counter attacking game.
    That's fine, I'm not saying you had to park the bus, but you just helped them win. Playing not to lose doesn't mean defensive football its just a measured approach, yours was reckless and you gave them two goals without asking the key questions, they didn't have to play though you. You gave them the game they wanted on a plate.

Dortmund were great today and Arsenal incredibly poor. A common trend with Wenger at the helm. Arsenal couldn't match their energy or catch up to their tempo. We're not equipped to beat these top sides sadly.
    I didn't think they were great at all, they didn't control the ball and they were sloppy with their chances, and they allowed several clear sights at goal for your striker so not defensively solid either.

Wenger has to live by his decisions he's assembled a poor team. Judge in May I guess
    I really don't think your team is poor either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    Don't worry we'll have Walcott back hopefully and diaby :')

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deborarosa)
    this is how you need to line up to even pray for a point

Chesney
    Debuchy Chambers Mertesacker Koscielny Gibbs
    Bellerin........................ ................................ ...Monreal
    Arteta Flamini

Alexis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swarly)
    this is how you need to line up to even pray for a point

Chesney
    Arteta Flamini

Alexis.
    Get rid of arteta I thought we didn't want to concede.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Oh please, Dortmund were brilliant tonight. Yes, we were rubbish, but even if we were playing properly I don't think we could have won. Besides, show me a manager who has a definitive strategy to counter Mourinho and this Chelsea team, and I will show you a liar. Of course we will lose to Chelsea, we have before and we will again. Most people do. Don't act as if this is some kind of shock to our system.
    So this is the sort of moron that posts in here now.

In what way is chelsea winning 6-0 a mourinho defensive strategy haha.

Dortmund weren't that impressive. Any team will look good when you make it that ****ing easy for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Numan786)
    Get rid of arteta I thought we didn't want to concede.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Chesney Ospina
    Flamini

Alexis

Dem counter attacks by Alexis :coma:

• Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    Just join the dark side already!!

Lol, how can the whole world know about our problems apart from the one person with the ability to rectify them!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The old man has dementia. I've told you before, clearly the NHS still need improvements. Great players, crap system. A sack full of gold that could only be contained by a recycled milk carton.

As it stands I'm dreading the Chelsea away match in October. Hoping against my better judgement diaby can have a big impact in this side and that Walcott can come back firing on all cylinders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We might as well hand them the 3 points and skip that match. Srsly.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry we'll have Walcott back hopefully and diaby :')

Posted from TSR Mobile
    THEO! I PRAY so! Diaby lmao bants.....so sad because hes talented but will always be injured..its like hes actually cursed
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea have defensive issues but one would never know because they go about it with such class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamiesonn)
    Lol at people saying Dortmund played well, they hardly did anything special Arsenal were just defending like ********s. Most of their chances were just easy balls which could be dealt with if Arsenal could do the basics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    lol at people saying they didnt. dortmunds pressing and general off the ball play was very good, the only times they let us have space on the ball was the dying minutes of the game when they were 2-0 up, even then their defence was solid. mickys finishing was lol worthy tho.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 22, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.