The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Happy voting day! :smile:

Please vote!

Make this world a better place! ;D
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Ah pourvu que t'aies pas voté pour les tories :tongue:

On peut espérer

J'aurais voté pour les démocrates libéraux mais je devais voter (tactically)

Moi j'ai décidé que, si je ne voulais pas voter le candidat du parti que je soutiens (les Travaillistes) je devrais voter pour la candidate la moins affreuse qui a une vraie chance (la Démocrate Libérale).
Original post by Saracen's Fez
Moi j'ai décidé que, si je ne voulais pas voter le candidat du parti que je soutiens (les Travaillistes) je devrais voter pour la candidate la moins affreuse qui a une vraie chance (la Démocrate Libérale).

Oui, je suis d'accord. Ce soir serait très... Intéressant
Oui, je suis d'accord. Ce soir serait très... Intéressant

Bien sûr. Je pense que le résultat au Thanet South est dû à six heures demain matin, je pense que je m'y vais réveiller.
Looks like it will be another 5 years with Dave as the PM.
Original post by Red Fox

:cry:
Original post by Red Fox

Or less if it collapses with such a small majority! I hope.

Gonna be a **** time for some of us though :frown: thankfully going to uni though this year
My family are labour supporters until they die. I physically burst into tears when I saw the exit poll :frown:
Went to my local count last night. It was for quite an important constituency (Nuneaton.)
It was so exciting and interesting - more interesting to chat to various councillors from different parties. Our count finished at 2am, I went home and stayed until 4am.
Really can't believe everything tbh. Astounded at the seats for SNP - thought they'd win all seats at one point. Big labour names in Scotland losing seats.
Us (greens) have actually made a lot of gains over the country! and we beat lib dems in my constituency so happy with that.

Really can't believe the amount of conservative votes.
Good result imo.

Let the conservatives finish their plan, no Labour SNP, and no UKIP here in Boston and Skegness.
Original post by Tibbz2
Good result imo.

Let the conservatives finish their plan, no Labour SNP, and no UKIP here in Boston and Skegness.

"finish their plan"
finish privatising the NHS so the poor/working class die
finish cutting welfare so much that people who are in full time work STILL have to use foodbanks as the wage is too low and zero hour contracts abundant.

I COMPLETELY agree that tories have improved the economy. but the austerity measures were just not good enough. people have died.
The poverty line is higher than ever and the class divide colossal.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by keromedic
:cry:

Or less if it collapses with such a small majority! I hope. Gonna be a **** time for some of us though :frown: thankfully going to uni though this year

A better option than Miliband imo.
I'm really disappointed by the turnout. Where I live, it seems almost everyone can see the tories are doing more harm than good.
I think all but 2 London constituencies voted Labour. I think it'd be ideal if scotland could rule under the SNP, and London which has 2x as many people could rule under Labour...

But I guess everyone votes for whoever they think should run, and it is a clear result for the tories so I can't complain...
Yep you guys can keep this bull****, I'm moving to Australia :tongue:
Original post by cerlohee
I'm really disappointed by the turnout. Where I live, it seems almost everyone can see the tories are doing more harm than good.
I think all but 2 London constituencies voted Labour. I think it'd be ideal if scotland could rule under the SNP, and London which has 2x as many people could rule under Labour...

But I guess everyone votes for whoever they think should run, and it is a clear result for the tories so I can't complain...

You so definitely can complain :lolwut:
Original post by MangoFreak
You so definitely can complain :lolwut:

Well I mean if it's what the whole country has decided they want, even if I have different views, I don't feel justified saying labour should have won. Bc democracy. Im definitely not happy about it but the country isn't just me is what I'm tying to say I think lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
How are we all doing study-wise?
Already had my Physics and Computing exams this past Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

Maths is on the 20th and French on the 22nd.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman
Already had my Physics and Computing exams this past Tuesday and Wednesday respectively.

Maths is on the 20th and French on the 22nd.

Posted from TSR Mobile

how did they go?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
how did they go?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I just went through the unofficial mark scheme for Physics and it seems I'm sitting at 76-78% (69% was an A last year) - that's with missing like 7 marks of questions out completely. If my investigation goes well - that might be pushed into the 80-82% territory.

Computing was easy, the only thing that threw me off was the compression questions - I missed out all of them :h: lol. With my coursework at 59/60, I only need 55% for an A - so should be fine.