The Commons Bar Mk IX - MHoC Chat Thread Watch

This discussion is closed.
KingStannis
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Markt1998)
I wouldnt go to the library but its not so much about the fact its closing down its about where its closed down. In places where people cant afford to buy books the libraries are gone in my middle class area a few people managed to buy it.

I wont pretend i have it anywhere near as hard up as you do but a lot of people in the North East do and it causes them to get annoyed and vote UKIP because theyre not part of the people who have been ignoring we existed for years.

I know parts of the south arent wealthy but in general the south is richer and gets the investment but as investment is too often for profit rather than for the people that leaves said poor areas in the south.
Can agree with this post. I just think that the north can get this tribalistic attitude where southerners are all reeling in cash and stealing money from the north when in reality, we're just basically normal people.
United1892
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by KingStannis)
Can agree with this post. I just think that the north can get this tribalistic attitude where southerners are all reeling in cash and stealing money from the north when in reality, we're just basically normal people.
Oh there is a tribal attitude its just that people only use it for massive generalisations then dont actually care when they meet a southerner.
tehFrance
Badges: 15
Report 4 years ago
Donald is running for Prez... Jeb will win the nom and then the WH.
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Chris Evans will replace Clarkson and lead Top Gear. An excellent appointment, and certainly one who will need to watch his mouth. It'll be a very different show.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
Chris Evans will replace Clarkson and lead Top Gear. An excellent appointment, and certainly one who will need to watch his mouth. It'll be a very different show.
It will be very different... I think it'll be ****!
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
It will be very different... I think it'll be ****!
Unless Evans is planning to scale back his other media commitments, I'd imagine they'll move away from the "challenges" and more towards the celebrity guests. I wasn't at all impressed with the TFI Fridays special they did last week, which was like his (albeit very good) radio show but on TV where it didn't work, so I hope they don't try and become "TFI Top Gear" like people are already suggesting.
username1524603
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
It was the challenges part of Top Gear I enjoyed the most out of the celebrity guests and car reviews. I am hoping the rumors about a Clarkson, Hammond, and May reunification on Netflix with total editorial control prove to be true.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Evans is as boring as **** on the One Show. Seriously, who the hell watched the one show? It used to bore the **** off me when I watched it as it was before Waterloo Road (back when waterloor road was ok)
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Evans is as boring as **** on the One Show. Seriously, who the hell watched the one show? It used to bore the **** off me when I watched it as it was before Waterloo Road (back when waterloor road was ok)
I love the one show... I also like antiques roadshow, bargain hunt ect. Which I expect you hate too.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
His radio show is very good, certainly when compared to the dreadful Nick Grimshaw on the other side.
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Aph)
I love the one show... I also like antiques roadshow, bargain hunt ect. Which I expect you hate too.
Really? it'sd a tv show that ****ing investigates morris dancing.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Really? it'sd a tv show that ****ing investigates morris dancing.
I like Morris dancing... Well watching it.
TeeEff
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Learnt about ****ing lifts in my maths exam. :lol: Ah well just 2 more left.
Tanqueray91
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by The Financier)
Learnt about ****ing lifts in my maths exam. :lol: Ah well just 2 more left.
**** mine was bad today lol!
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by mobbsy91)
**** mine was bad today lol!
Same here

Posted from TSR Mobile
KingStannis
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just freaked myself out reading about the ben drowned creepy pasta. ffs why am i so susceptible to this ****.
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Just won £21 of drinks playing bingo
So close to an extra 12 too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Birchington
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Jarred)
(Also, hello! It's been a while since I've lurked around these parts! How's everyone doing?)
Welcome back! Hope you are keeping well.
TeeEff
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
George Osborne already looks pretty Prime Ministerial in his first PMQ. He was given an easy ride but its nice to have a serious PMQ with less of the heckling for once.

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Mr Benn came across very well I thought.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (109)
17.99%
It's just nice to be back! (163)
26.9%
Not great so far... (217)
35.81%
I want to drop out! (117)
19.31%

Watched Threads