Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    I'm not ignoring you. I'm pointing out the flaw in your attitude which you aren't accepting.
    I'm pointing out flaws in your argumentation which you're not accepting.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I'm pointing out flaws in your argumentation which you're not accepting.
    All you have said is that you would block Muslims entering Europe. You haven't explained how that would help the anti-west sentiment (thanks Tony ) or how you would even go about proving Islam, let alone justified the slippery slope to full state controled thought police.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Let's be honest here over the last 2 weeks we have had 6 Attacks in Europe

- Nice - Migrant
    - Stabbing on Train - Migrant
    - Stabbing in German Street - Migrant
    - Munich Shooting - Half Migrant / German citizen
    - Bombing - Migrant
    - Pais Church Attack - Unknown Yet

When will we and the politicians learn that this will happen daily !! ( In fact it is !! ) Unless we take direct action ... Merkel is to blame for theses attacks and she has blood on her hands today .... And you wonder why the Far Right in Europe is making gains

" We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation to be permitting the annual inflow of some 50,000 dependents, who are for the most part the material of the future growth of the immigrant descended population. It is like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we that we actually permit unmarried persons to immigrate for the purpose of founding a family with spouses and fiancées whom they have never seen " - Enoch Powell
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Wow! ICM just gave the Tories a 16% lead.

@ICMResearch:
    @Conservatives 43%
    @UKLabour 27%
    @LibDems 8%
    @UKIP 13%
    @theSNP 4%
    @TheGreenParty 4%
    @Plaid_Cymru 1%
    http://bit.ly/1SWVx9H

Election! Election! Election!
    BANG BANG !!

If you base that polling to the electoral calculus the tories would have a very comfortable majority ( http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/swi...=13&LD=8&GRN=4 )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Let's be honest here over the last 2 weeks we have had 6 Attacks in Europe

- Nice - Migrant
    - Stabbing on Train - Migrant
    - Stabbing in German Street - Migrant
    - Munich Shooting - Half Migrant / German citizen
    - Bombing - Migrant
    - Pais Church Attack - Unknown Yet

When will we and the politicians learn that this will happen daily !! ( In fact it is !! ) Unless we take direct action ... Merkel is to blame for theses attacks and she has blood on her hands today .... And you wonder why the Far Right in Europe is making gains

" We must be mad, literally mad, as a nation to be permitting the annual inflow of some 50,000 dependents, who are for the most part the material of the future growth of the immigrant descended population. It is like watching a nation busily engaged in heaping up its own funeral pyre. So insane are we that we actually permit unmarried persons to immigrate for the purpose of founding a family with spouses and fiancées whom they have never seen " - Enoch Powell
    Can you please compile a list of killings by natives of these countries within the same time period so that we can compare and contrast.

Also if the Church attack was terrorist related rather than a personal feud or whatever, then I have got to say they are dumb as ****. Why would they do it on a Tuesday?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    BANG BANG !!

If you base that polling to the electoral calculus the tories would have a very comfortable majority ( http://www.electionpolling.co.uk/swi...=13&LD=8&GRN=4 )
    Apparently, one of the constituencies most likely to swing over to Conservatives is where I live...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Apparently, one of the constituencies most likely to swing over to Conservatives is where I live...
    But you are a Labour Supporter !!!

Come Home Eric !

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    But you are a Labour Supporter !!!

Come Home Eric !

:hide:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Westminster voting intention:

CON 43% (+4)
    LAB 27% (-2)
    UKIP 13% (-1)
    LDEM 8% (-)
    GRN 4% (-)

(via ICM / 22 - 24 Jul)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)

CON 43% (+4)
    LAB 27% (-2)
    UKIP 13% (-1)
    LDEM 8% (-)
    GRN 4% (-)

(via ICM / 22 - 24 Jul)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Rakas beat you to it

Why is UKIP still so high

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team

CON 43% (+4)
    LAB 27% (-2)
    UKIP 13% (-1)
    LDEM 8% (-)
    GRN 4% (-)

(via ICM / 22 - 24 Jul)

Spoiler:
    Show

• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by The Financier)

CON 43% (+4)
    LAB 27% (-2)
    UKIP 13% (-1)
    LDEM 8% (-)
    GRN 4% (-)

(via ICM / 22 - 24 Jul)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Just spamming the thread with stuff JD has already posted... *sigh*
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

CON 43% (+4)
    LAB 27% (-2)
    UKIP 13% (-1)
    LDEM 8% (-)
    GRN 4% (-)

(via ICM / 22 - 24 Jul)

Spoiler:
    Show
    Just for the Banter really :laugh:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    Rakas beat you to it

Why is UKIP still so high

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because they are now folk heros.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've just seen something that might interest you all:

CON 43% (+4)
    LAB 27% (-2)
    UKIP 13% (-1)
    LDEM 8% (-)
    GRN 4% (-)

(via ICM / 22 - 24 Jul)
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Aph)
    I point you to a previous comment, stating that it's fine if partisipents are willing.
    As for domestic abuse, that used to be the case with Christianity too you know. You need to give the religion time to evolve away. There are already certain sects much more westernised and liberal than others.
    But with TV Judge shows, the courtroom is still operating within UK law and making judgements based on that. Sharia courts do not, but instead they make judgements based on laws which are in addition to our own. My problem is simply that all must be judged according to one set of laws, not one rule for one and one for another.

I'm sure it was the case, but we're talking about Sharia courts and domestic abuse and how there are instances of women being forced or coerced to stay with their husbands despite a history of domestic abuse. Now, not a court under UK law would force a woman, or a man, in that situation to do that and it is plain wrong.

ReputationRep:
    Sharia Courts are an offense to anybody who believes in one nation, one culture, one peoples.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Sharia Courts are an offense to anybody who believes in one nation, one culture, one peoples.
    Didn't a relatively unknown mid-20th Century fuhrer politician have a similar saying?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by toronto353)
    But with TV Judge shows, the courtroom is still operating within UK law and making judgements based on that. Sharia courts do not, but instead they make judgements based on laws which are in addition to our own. My problem is simply that all must be judged according to one set of laws, not one rule for one and one for another.
    The the solution is regulation. We tell them that they can have said courts but the judges must be trained in UK law and will be moniter end and inspected. If they are found to be acting outside the law then we step in. And I do understand what you mean, however I also understand that sharia courts have other uses. My understanding is that they act like religious leaders in that they provide advice and Guidence, which isn't legally enforceable and they do things like helping people fine 'suitable' partners. I don't think that all of Islam is correct (Im irreligious for one) but until harm is done I'm reasonably happy for them to do that as long as they do try to intergrate. (There are troubles on both sides there and with the media)

I'm sure it was the case, but we're talking about Sharia courts and domestic abuse and how there are instances of women being forced or coerced to stay with their husbands despite a history of domestic abuse. Now, not a court under UK law would force a woman, or a man, in that situation to do that and it is plain wrong.
    I agree, however I would argue that it is not forcing other than that of social pressure, as the sharia court has no power. They are just saying what Islam tells them to say. Is their opinion wrong? In my mind yes but at the end of the day it is advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeL1994)
    Didn't a relatively unknown mid-20th Century fuhrer politician have a similar saying?
    I thought i made it up.

Who are you thinking of?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.