Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Got C C D for my first linear year in AS.
    Since we would have to do it again, next year l have to ace everything: mocks, homework etc.

Im dissapointed with my grades and l'm willing to change them next year as high as possible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt.avf98)
    Thanks for your response

Are you sure they would be fine releasing me so close to the start date?? It's unlikely i'll leave it that long :P, but up to say the end of August, would they definitely be fine with me saying i'll not be going?
    You can be released into Clearing up until the end of August, yep.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goal101)
    Got C C C D - AS results :/
    It's okay. Breathe because this isn't the end of the world at all. You can work with those results.

(Original post by 3mmz)
    thats true
    yes but not many in london tbh that i want to go to

I know Brunel have spaces but i don't like Brunel at all tbh. *
    Then don't go to Brunel. Find somewhere you love and a course you really want to do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ParadoxSocks)
    What's the alternative? Yay for being happy with your insurance though! Have fun
    Exeter offered me the AAB/ABB English course on the Penryn campus, which is completely different to the one I applied for! I'm just waiting on my remark, but I can't wait to start getting excited for my insurance thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CardiffKate)
    If you've done all you can for now, just try to relax and be your best for the interview.

I'm from Worcester and my best friend did Sports Therapy there and has since worked in Physio for a number of football and rugby clubs. She had an amazing time at Worcester
    Aw thank you! Thats really good to hear my friend is from Worcester and I've visited a few times its a pretty place! Fingers crossed I haven't heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jayeshforce1)
    Guys lets say if you done bad in a non reformed AS course. will the grade count towards anything. also can you choose not to include them in your application if you do not wish to let unis know about it
    You can't withhold a grade from UCAS in your application I'm afraid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10Fatanda)
    Can someone explain how clearing day works. Say for A-levels I am predicted an AAC or AAD and manage to get AAA or AAB and want to go somewhere like UCL where an AAB is needed. On clearing day is there a chance of them taking me because of my higher grade for what I want?
    That's called adjustment :yep:

Guys lets say if you done bad in a non reformed AS course. will the grade count towards anything. also can you choose not to include them in your application if you do not wish to let unis know about it
    You will have to declare your grade on UCAS, but your grade won't stand if you retake and do better :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manningA15)
    how did you do? (if you don't mind me asking)
    Both Bs, how about you?
    Sounds like they've been pretty harsh from what mates have said...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nirgilis)
    You can be released into Clearing up until the end of August, yep.
    Thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 10Fatanda)
    Can someone explain how clearing day works. Say for A-levels I am predicted an AAC or AAD and manage to get AAA or AAB and want to go somewhere like UCL where an AAB is needed. On clearing day is there a chance of them taking me because of my higher grade for what I want?
    You'd be looking at Adjustment if you exceed your original offer.

All grades have to be declared on your application.

(Original post by the.chantele)
    Got C C D for my first linear year in AS.
    Since we would have to do it again, next year l have to ace everything: mocks, homework etc.

Im dissapointed with my grades and l'm willing to change them next year as high as possible.
    Work your socks off this year and make sure you know your spec inside out. Practice, ask questions, bother your teacher and make sure you know each part of the spec inside out.

ReputationRep:

All grades have to be declared on your application.

Work your socks off this year and make sure you know your spec inside out. Practice, ask questions, bother your teacher and make sure you know each part of the spec inside out.
    I will, 100%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cassidyjoy)
    Exeter offered me the AAB/ABB English course on the Penryn campus, which is completely different to the one I applied for! I'm just waiting on my remark, but I can't wait to start getting excited for my insurance thank you!
    Ooooh jealous! Penryn is an absolutely lovely campus!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.chantele)
    I will, 100%
    What are you studying? The students that do best in my class are the annoying pedantic students that don't just know the content, but can teach it back to me with the extra bells and whistles. Make sure you know what a good answer looks like for your subject and do little and often.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zonothene)
    Bro I feel u with the FP2

Wish my college offered S2 instead of FP3 also rip

ReputationRep:
    My offer was BCC (from DMU). I came out with BCE thanks to a serious miscalculation with my Theatre Studies coursework marks, however I was accepted on to my course and I'm so excited! I'm studying a course I'm extremely happy with at a university I really liked. Hope everyone got what they wanted!

ReputationRep:
    Needed a BCC for Geology got CDD. 6 UMS from C in Geology and still got in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArchDornan)
    Needed a BCC for Geology got CDD. 6 UMS from C in Geology and still got in.
    Congratulations! :woo: :party: :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emiloujess)
    I might be being really thick here but I cannot see where it says 'change your application'
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...4&d=1470322805 <= the change of circumstances paper form

ReputationRep:
    Do all unis do adjustment or just ones in need of people to fill courses.

ReputationRep:
    So my firm choice was ABB and my insurance was 260 ucas points including BC. I actually got CCCC but my track page still hd both my choices as pending? So I don't know where (if anywhere) I have got into? Anyone else having this problem? How long can they keep you waiting?

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.