Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Oops, I don't know anymore, I just win my matchups and hope the guy above me loses his. You're pretty much the only guy who picked an RB in the top 5 who has got proper value for the pick. Forte started really slowly for me at #4 and the problems of Charles, AP and McCoy have been well documented.
    I had Arian Foster at #9, but only because I picked up Peyton Manning at #8. It really does seem that the bigger names at running back have faltered. Peterson #1 as well, in pretty much every draft, screwing everyone who owns him over. McCoy should come good, as should Charles.

(Original post by cant_think_of_name)
    Has he done something stupid again? He played really well yesterday, beyond the one pick
    He's engaged in the same autograph controversy as Todd Gurley at the moment. It was a good win in Tallahassee, but I'm not a 100% convinced on the OPI call, to be honest. How 'bout 'Bama though? 59-0 against Texas A&M. :eek:....'Bama will be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

And a shameless plug. Fresno State and Boise State, "The Terror from Tavistock" Elliot Hoyte got his first career sack for BSU. Dude is a beast.

ReputationRep:
    The Rams! Oh my word. That fake.

ReputationRep:
    Blarg to it all I say. Every year same trick plays by SL and we fall for them every time.

ST was the one thing we could hang our hat on and it lost us the game. -sigh- Fun fun. It seems like all the luck we used to scrape wins last year has been used up, be lucky to even make the play-offs at this rate. Don't know what's going on but the players on D aren't making the plays they did last time, haven't looked themselves since week #1.

If we take a positive though, it's that we passed the ball well in the second half and the ST involved a lot of rookies so it should be correctable.

ReputationRep:
    Good for the Rams

ReputationRep:
    Phillip Rivers for MVP :drool: Man that guy is ballin it this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMakeSenseToNone)
    DeMarco Murray for MVP :drool: Man that guy is ballin it this year.
    FTFY.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    FTFY.
    I would agree with your amendment.

Can't believe I passed on him in our FF league because of his history of fumbling. Took Joique Bell instead :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    I would agree with your amendment.

Can't believe I passed on him in our FF league because of his history of fumbling. Took Joique Bell instead :facepalm:
    Ouch. I took a brave call taking Peyton with my 1st round pick. I will do that again and again.

ReputationRep:
    I literally cannot believe JT scored 2.6 points in a night when the broncos put up 42. **** my life.

ReputationRep:
    Well Done Peyton Manning on the record. Touch of class by Farve, Brady and Elway, among others, as well.

To the owner of 'Strip Club Ready', I'm only sorry that Peyton's record day came in a shredding of the 49ers, while Kaepernick couldn't put up any fantasy points. The fantasy matchup is not over, so I'm not taking it for granted. (But...Go Broncos!)

And to the owner of 'still can't think of a name'...your picture is very apt. Don't even look at the score...it's too painful. Hopefully you can come back stronger next week.

ReputationRep:
    Man 49ers are decimated.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't seen any of the Jags win but watching it in on Twitter was pretty awesome. Bortles is playing like a rook though 3 picks and one of them was an absolute brainfade across his body on the run in the RedZone leading by 1. The win came at some cost on D though Pozluzsny for the season is a nightmare at MLB and Andre Branch for 6 weeks isn't great for the rotation either!

ReputationRep:
    A win in 2/3 leagues so far.

I have the Texans D left to play in this league, opponent has Antonio Brown and I'm 12 points behind, it doesn't look good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Well Done Peyton Manning on the record. Touch of class by Farve, Brady and Elway, among others, as well.

To the owner of 'Strip Club Ready', I'm only sorry that Peyton's record day came in a shredding of the 49ers, while Kaepernick couldn't put up any fantasy points. The fantasy matchup is not over, so I'm not taking it for granted. (But...Go Broncos!)

And to the owner of 'still can't think of a name'...your picture is very apt. Don't even look at the score...it's too painful. Hopefully you can come back stronger next week.

That would be me :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    That would be me :mad:
    It's not over yet...

To be honest with all the way that everyone on all my fantasy teams (with the exception of Tony Romo, Dez Bryant, Paul Pozluzsny in my IDP league; Ahmad Bradshaw in two leagues and Peyton Manning in this league) has let me down, going 0-3 on the week may just happen

ReputationRep:
    Haven't posed here in a while. Just gotta give some love to my Purple City Bird Gang. Ravens are looking like a top five team right now.That defense is easily one of the best in the league. We're tops in point differential right now. Hoping for a Texans win tonight.

The Bengals are looking like the Bungles of old. Gotta love when a team is a guaranteed lock for screwing things up. Ravens vs. Bengals next week. Time to get revenge for week one.

Caw caw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baltimoron)
    Haven't posed here in a while. Just gotta give some love to my Purple City Bird Gang. Ravens are looking like a top five team right now.That defense is easily one of the best in the league. We're tops in point differential right now. Hoping for a Texans win tonight.

The Bengals are looking like the Bungles of old. Gotta love when a team is a guaranteed lock for screwing things up. Ravens vs. Bengals next week. Time to get revenge for week one.

Caw caw.
    Your Ravens are indeed feasting, on a freshly baked Falcon Pot Pie. CJ Mosley is the truth...and Steve Smith Sr. has been huge for that offense.

ReputationRep:
    God Manning planning that whole keep away with the game ball just summarizes him up. Utter douche.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    God Manning planning that whole keep away with the game ball just summarizes him up. Utter douche.
    But it's not really any different from any other touchdown celebration. Or sack dance.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    But it's not really any different from any other touchdown celebration. Or sack dance.
    Ah but it is. He gives off this pseudo humble persona that he doesn't care about the record but then he goes and plans this whole keep away one. The media slurps that **** up.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.