Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    But do people ever speak? And does nothing happen if they do?
    I don't recall much because I concentrate on my exam, but I'm pretty sure I have heard some people whisper before. And nothing happens to them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    I don't recall much because I concentrate on my exam, but I'm pretty sure I have heard some people whisper before. And nothing happens to them
    :eek: That's awful! How are the teachers supposed to have people quiet not being in the room! :angry: I hate the corrupt-ness of the whole system! :angry:

ReputationRep:
    Ok so this is what I think is going on -

The circle is the 'object' and it's nearer to the lens than the focal point. The parallel rays of light are moving towards the lens and refracted but now I get stuck, how does this result in the virtual image being formed behind the object, do the light rays change direction and go back in the same direction as the object and project behind the object? Or do they carry on but then why have the good people at AQA said it goes behind the object? What object? What's an object?

Name:  jhgfd.png
Views: 38
Size:  5.1 KB

ReputationRep:
    We don't have invigilators..
    LOOOOOOOL! Elm are you trying to kill me here? You have got to be lying! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :eek: That's awful! How are the teachers supposed to have people quiet not being in the room! :angry: I hate the corrupt-ness of the whole system! :angry:
    It's angering me too! How is that even fair? Some of us work for our grades while other schools just ... Bloody cheat. We need to make a stand against this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I hate it as well.. All my hard work put in and people have an advantage over me.

(Original post by Jina)
    LOOOOOOOL! Elm are you trying to kill me here? You have got to be lying! :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Unfortunately, no :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabblethefish)
    Ok so this is what I think is going on -

The circle is the 'object' and it's nearer to the lens than the focal point. The parallel rays of light are moving towards the lens and refracted but now I get stuck, how does this result in the virtual image being formed behind the object, do the light rays change direction and go back in the same direction as the object and project behind the object? Or do they carry on but then why have the good people at AQA said it goes behind the object? What object? What's an object?
    what lens is it ? a concave lens ?

ReputationRep:
    And people though I was joking when I said I was going to expose this school :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by techno836)
    Yeah, my previous post defines my problem a bit more. Lenses

ReputationRep:
    anyone like adventureland? Such a good film

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    It's angering me too! How is that even fair? Some of us work for our grades while other schools just ... Bloody cheat. We need to make a stand against this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hate it as well.. All my hard work put in and people have an advantage over me.
    I despise it, I cannot understand why people would do it! If it were me, I'd report any school I found doing it. When I'm older, I may actually send a letter to exam boards and the Ministry of Education (or whatever it is) expressing my disdain and try and make them do something!

And people though I was joking when I said I was going to expose this school :moon:
    Was it your school you exposed? And to whom?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, my previous post defines my problem a bit more. Lenses
    okay what you do is you draw you parallel line to lens and then using a ruler line up the focal point and where the light ray touches the lens, draw a line from the lens straight forward

now draw a line through the exact centre of lens from the same point of the object and keep it going

what you have to now do is track back both light rays and they should cross over behind the object ... that is you virtual image

ReputationRep:
    True ... I find it highly likely that there will be 2 6 markers or 1 6 and 2 fives

my prediction is it will be an evaluate question on either bioethanol/biogas ... or dialysis and transplant
    I have RS and French the day before my bio exam, and two days after I've got the another RS exam.

Anyway.. Good Luck with revision.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I remember these they're convex/converging lenses

ReputationRep:
    There is some creepy invigilator in all my exams who always smiles at people and it's so distracting! And he lives near me to ugh

ReputationRep:
    I despise it, I cannot understand why people would do it! If it were me, I'd report any school I found doing it. When I'm older, I may actually send a letter to exam boards and the Ministry of Education (or whatever it is) expressing my disdain and try and make them do something!

Really? Surely they don't!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    okay what you do is you draw you parallel line to lens and then using a ruler line up the focal point and where the light ray touches the lens, draw a line from the lens straight forward

now draw a line through the exact centre of lens from the same point of the object and keep it going

what you have to now do is track back both light rays and they should cross over behind the object ... that is you virtual image
    Ok so is it kind of like the constructive lines for a concave/diverging lens but it ends up behind the object? Also, how would this work in practice? I don't understand how this works -

V F O | F

V= Virtual image
    F= Focal point
    O= Object

I get it works in magnifying glasses but how does it end up BEHIND the image?

Sorry and thank you so much, I find this part of physics so frustrating
    But thankyou, +rep!

Edit: I can't rep you as I've already repped you too recently
    I owe you a rep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PriyaPaul)
    I have RS and French the day before my bio exam, and two days after I've got the another RS exam.

Anyway.. Good Luck with revision.
    thanks

Ok so is it kind of like the constructive lines for a concave/diverging lens but it ends up behind the object? Also, how would this work in practice? I don't understand how this works -

V F O | F

V= Virtual image
    F= Focal point
    O= Object

But thankyou, +rep!

I owe you a rep
    yes it is like the constructive lines ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've been meaning to expose it but haven't found the time

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:

V F O | F

V= Virtual image
    F= Focal point
    O= Object

But thankyou, +rep!

I owe you a rep
    my bad the only way a virtual image appears behind the object is it its a convex lens and the object is inside F

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.