Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    15000-20000 is the figure I hear mostly, plenty havent bothered renewing this year though and who can blame them?
    I joined the waiting list earlier this year and I was apparently around 38,000 in the queue. Crazy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zubby77)
    I joined the waiting list earlier this year and I was apparently around 38,000 in the queue. Crazy
    I think it drops pretty quickly and a lot of people join speculatively.

A friend joined in 2009 and has season tickets for this year now. So like 3 and a half years to get through the entire list.

Other clubs have people waiting on their season ticket list for decades..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think it drops pretty quickly and a lot of people join speculatively.

A friend joined in 2009 and has season tickets for this year now. So like 3 and a half years to get through the entire list.

Other clubs have people waiting on their season ticket list for decades..
    Chelsea mate of mine waited less than 12 months. Their core supporter base is so so shallow man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L-x)
    I'm worried Wenger has made some bad mistakes this window but anyone criticizing him as greedy because of how much he earns is a f moron. He could easily earn twice a much at a bunch of other clubs, if he wants to move to managing another club team PSG will probably just write him a blank cheque.
    I agree with you people need to show him respect

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Understandable but there are still hordes of JCL's, daytrippers and corporates who would take them.
    Corporate seats were at about 60% capacity as far as I could tell on Saturday. These kinds are the first to drop off because their only objective is to be entertained and/or impress clients with an elite team. Weve been losing secondary sponsors like crazy as well apparently, thank **** we negotiated the Puma/Emirates deals before the season

Just highlights how penny wise pound foolish our transfer policy is though. By not spending we're losing so much revenue anyway for no gain on the pitch. Crazy.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo....html#comments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Chelsea mate of mine waited less than 12 months. Their core supporter base is so so shallow man.
    Danm that's insane. Wonder how long for OT/Anfield on average.

ReputationRep:
    Anfield is probably fairly long with a 45k capacity, prices arent ridiculous and the supporter base is very deep locally. OT less so because of higher capacity.

Thing about London is that there's so much money sloshing around that chucking a grand at a season ticket and only attending half the games because you're away on business is actually quite common. AFC exploit this to the high heavens.

QPR season tickets are probably the most ridiculous in Europe in terms of pricing though, absolute scandal what they're still charging for Championship football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Vain)
    At the end of the day the guy is getting paid £7 million a year. Have you guys ever entertained the thought that he does not give a damn anymore and is just now pretty delusional. I think he is just looking at Arsenal as a big personal vanity project and the board are agreeing to it because it saves them having to shell out money for new players. Youth project? Finishing fourth against the odds? Ok, it's all very impressive considering the fact that by and large he has succeeded in doing those things. But, this is Arsenal FC not Arsene FC. We NEED to be challenging for honours and right now I don't see us anywhere near that. We're not even close. The guy has become bigger than the club, apparently he is 'God'. I think that is very toxic, and believe me, when we finish 5th or below which seems likely the **** will hit the fan.

I might be wrong, but it just looks like one big gravy train at the moment. Fair enough he says there are no good players in the market. But, I think that is just a shameless lie, of course there are good players out there, preparations should have been made WAY earlier. You don't see United usually having this problem, they usually do their business quietly and their buys are pretty straightforward. Why does everything have to be so inept at this club? It's a ****ing pisstake when people like us are paying the biggest season tickets and are treated like **** in return. Gazidis is a lying piece of ****.
    You do have to wonder what level football would be if the money was taken away from the players and they played for the badge instead of the money, including the manager. Or whether his wage reflected on the position in the league rather than how little he can spend

I mean, a player like podolski, I always see him laughing and smiling, nothing wrong with that. But when he's being benched all the time wouldn't you be angry you're not playing? Oh of course not when you're pulling anything over 70k a week, I mean if I was pulling that much in I think I'd be living in a dream world like a lot of them are

ReputationRep:
    Zero years for old trafford, you can ring up and buy one without any wait whatsoever.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Waiting lists are pretty much non existant for United these days, there are still a few on sale now I think. The Automatic Cup Scheme is one of the main reasons.. If you're a season ticket holder you HAVE to buy tickets for home FA Cup and Champions League games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Waiting lists are pretty much non existant for United these days, there are still a few on sale now I think. The Automatic Cup Scheme is one of the main reasons.. If you're a season ticket holder you HAVE to buy tickets for home FA Cup and Champions League games.
    Arsenal is the same they add 7 cup games on the price of the season ticket and I cant opt out or anything, thats one of the reasons the season tickets look so expensive, someone said if you took off the cup games Liverpool and Tottenham would be more expensive but I dunno if its true

ReputationRep:
    just get abdisalam ibrahim on a free, (defensive steel, released from man city for no reason), and why kick out bentner and chamack, and buy giroud???

i think podolski needs a run of games upfront, that guy can be insanely lethal!, and the team need to get tougher, and not get pushed around the pitch from players like lowton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    11 days to go...

Who is there to buy and who will we buy? You can't imagine there'll be any real business done with quality players. Arsenal are doomed this season. I really think we might be 9 points off Tottenham next Sunday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    can I just say...

And I think I speak for a lot of us on this thread..

Shut the **** up. you pathetic excuse for a fan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    can I just say...

Its pretty annoying the level of pessimism right now. I can understand being annoyed but its not the end of the world or the club. There's still time for deals to be done, sure it might not be the most ideal thing but there is still time.

ReputationRep:
    Over 70,000 people on the list for Anfield. I read a thread elsewhere a few days ago where somebody had been put on the list by their dad when they were born. He's just got it, twenty years later.

ReputationRep:
    we neeed emenike!!!!

arsenal is full or fragile unphysical girls

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    can I just say...

Amen to that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Its pretty annoying the level of pessimism right now..
    People need to remember that we've played one game. We played ****ing badly but it was still only one game.

It's obviously made much worse by things like Wenger saying "you want signing but tell me WHO" and then two days later, our rivals strongly linked with TWO more players who would be perfect for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    People need to remember that we've played one game. We played ****ing badly but it was still only one game.

It's obviously made much worse by things like Wenger saying "you want signing but tell me WHO" and then two days later, our rivals strongly linked with TWO more players who would be perfect for us.
    Don't you guys always start off badly anyway? :laugh:

Its a complete overreaction from people, fine to be annoyed but this get Wenger out and Arsenal are going to fail this year is ridiculous...

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.