Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    HOW HAVE WE NOT SCORED YET?!!!

either their defenders block everything or their keeper saves everything.
    it's so typical of us that it's becoming hilarious.
    manquillo not to get that on target is painful.

you almost expect a late bolton goal now after such domination.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How on earth is this still 0-0

Edit: Spearing is on, you'll win now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    How on earth is this still 0-0
    they've literally had the defensive game of their life.
    in one aspect its our own fault for not being clinical enough, but they have been exceptional in defence.
    their keeper making stupid saves, their defenders making a ridiculous amount of blocks.

the referee certainly helped them by not sending off mills - game changer.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    they've literally had the defensive game of their life.
    in one aspect its our own fault for not being clinical enough, but they have been exceptional in defence.
    their keeper making stupid saves, their defenders making a ridiculous amount of blocks.

the referee certainly helped them by not sending off mills - game changer.
    Yeh that would have been a straight red, he definitely catches him.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    we're EASILY the better team - they've caused us no problems, however all it takes is a set piece so it's important we get ahead.
    The longer this game goes on the more likely it will end 1-0 Liverpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Yeh that would have been a straight red, he definitely catches him.
    sometimes there's just nothing you can do.

i don't think we've done anything wrong; we've been fluid in attack and created a great deal.
    they've just been ridiculous and the referee had a howler (something becoming worryingly more frequent in english football).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    The longer this game goes on the more likely it will end 1-0 Liverpool.
    not really; they've caused us so little trouble that it's almost guaranteed they will score a late, undeserved goal.

ReputationRep:
    yet another big refereeing decision against us; spearing didn't even try to get the ball - henderson was in.
    what a surprise.

ReputationRep:
    Lucas my man... when are you going to score a goal for liverpool!
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    "Lallanaaaaaa!" I can see it any minute now.

ReputationRep:
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    what a fluke by bolton.
    i think we need to create a word because "domination" just doesn't quite do this game justice.

24(9) shots to 7(0) kinda says it all really.

ReputationRep:
    wp boltan

ReputationRep:
    urgh ffs that was annoying, the last thing we need is a FA cup replay considering our fixtures are very congested.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    Fraudgers.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Game highlighted our inability to finish, though it was difficult given that there were nine men behind the ball at all times. Kudos to Bolton though, felt they were in good form tonight, and us not at our best. Hopefully we'll win confidently in the replay, and be a bit more decisive in our play. Some poor decisions from the ref tonight though.

Just saw the Chelsea score :rofl: . Have a feeling History will be fun on monday, given that my teacher and I are both LFC fans who haven't has chance to gloat to the immense amount of Chelski fans about last week's result either yet.

ReputationRep:
    Bolton have become a fairly competent side under Lennon. Could well be very difficult on the replay when they're at home.

ReputationRep:
    only pissed off about the result, pretty happy about the performance - that should tell rival fans all they need to know.
    we had our trademark inability to finish, credit to bolton but this was a fluke performance by them.

i'm just sick of referees.
    what can you do when they won't give the other team a red card and won't give you a penalty?
    if mills gets sent off, they lose the game - it's that simple.

recent officiating is the worst i've ever seen and it's unnaceptable at this level.

ReputationRep:
    its ****ing DISGUSTING to play an entire game for a 0-0 draw with 9 men in your own half all game. I ****ing get livid whenever I see it happen. Words can't describe my anger towards Bolton. Yet another useless **** of a referee missing 2 blatant penalties, getting a ****ing joke now with these useless *******s.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    not to be harsh but...(harsh words incoming):

you're an embarrassment.
    fielding nearly a full side (missing rooney and mata) and you couldn't even beat a league 2 team.
    don't give me all this "every team has a bad day" and "they parked the bus"; with the quality of your players and the money you've spent, there is absolutely no excuse.
    you got annihilated by MK Dons and you've been shown up by Cambridge United - that's more than simply unlucky cupsets.

LVG is a fraud - he is no better than Moyes at this club and we all know it, just that nobody wants to seriously question him because of his previous acheivements.
    he spent over 150m AND is without europe yet is not doing any better than the man that many said ruined your club.
    don't try and play it off by saying you're 4th in the league either - you're only top 4 because of luck and the fact that everybody else has been terrible, not to mention the beast you have in goal.
    with the form you're on, you won't be top 4 for long unless some serious changes are made.

this great club does not need to spend hundreds of millions on players, it needs to find the right man for the job first.
    Moyes didn't suit the club, LVG is too stubborn and up his own arse.
    you need a quality manager before you spend another 100m on players.
    Well...This is awkward...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: February 4, 2015
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.