Turn on thread page Beta

Film Fanatics Society - Chat Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Not as bad as the reviews make the film out to be. At least there are pretty things to look at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    I know of 3 people including Jace who may just crucify you for watching Serenity before Firefly.
    Yeah, it probably would have been better if I watched the series first. People always talk about how...

Spoiler:
    Show
    ...the pilots death is really sad, but considering I've never seen the programme it didn't bother me at all

But as a stand alone film I thought it was really good anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    I haven't watched Firefly yet but I've seen Serenity and I loved it. Maybe i should give it a go soon :holmes:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    I'm the same, Serenity before FF. Ah well, as long as Firefly gets new fans and more recognition, maybe enough so to rekindle the show and bring it back :cool:

on a related note - Love serenity, in terms of being an all around good, well paced Sci-fi action movie.

*Morena Baccarin just shimmers in the film, what a beauty
    :hmmm: Philistines!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    :hmmm: Philistines!
    lol

so how is the 'help Nathan buy firefly' campaign going anyway? hope it's actually making some difference

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukejoshjedi)
    lol

so how is the 'help Nathan buy firefly' campaign going anyway? hope it's actually making some difference
    Facebook group has 113,000 members, pledge money is (apparently) up to $13m. Still no word if there's any official support.

ReputationRep:
    I was dissappointed that we never got to see Mal
    Spoiler:
    Show
    and Inara get it on. Every episode I was like 'kiss already!!!'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unknownking321)
    Yippeekayay! :cheers:
    I reached a point where I suddenly found the film making perfect sense. I was like yeah, why wouldn't you use a car to take down a helicopter? Why wouldn't you shoot through yourself in order to kill someone?

It was scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalanges)
    I reached a point where I suddenly found the film making perfect sense. I was like yeah, why wouldn't you use a car to take down a helicopter? Why wouldn't you shoot through yourself in order to kill someone?

It was scary.
    2 questions phalanges

1. Have you seen Serenity and if you have what do you think of it

2. How are your actual phalanges, of late?

(Original post by sheep_go_baa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I know right. Also I hate Kaylee.

ReputationRep:
    :fluffy: atonement :fluffy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    My friends made me watch some random episode of Firefly. I dunno, but it was pretty meh. :erm: Nothing much seemed to happen. Or maybe that was because I was slightly tipsy and half-asleep.

Don't hate on me. :awesome:

Some of the people in that Zuckerberg Aspergers thread are idiots. Not only for the reasons highlighted by Phalanges but some other bizarre posts:

Who cares wether he suffers from a disease, he's a clever, rich, self satisfied ****. I hate him so much.
    Thanks. Didn't realise Narciassim was even a disorder, thought it was just people being overly arrogant that could be solved with them taking a dose of reality.
    :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheep_go_baa)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    That's one of those things you have to wait several seasons to see, so blame FOX.

(Original post by Phalanges)

It was scary.
    My God. Never drink that much again.

WHAT?! Get the **** out. Now. I mean it.

(Original post by spacepirate-James)
    :fluffy: atonement :fluffy:

Spoiler:
    Show
    My friends made me watch some random episode of Firefly. I dunno, but it was pretty meh. :erm: Nothing much seemed to happen. Or maybe that was because I was slightly tipsy and half-asleep.

Don't hate on me. :awesome:
    You! You get out too! Go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jace Falco)
    You! You get out too! Go!
    :cry:
    :getmecoat:

Die Hard 4 is the most realistic film in history. :ahee:

Seriously, who cares though? It's a brilliant action movie with brilliant set pieces. That's enough to satisfy me whenever I get action movie cravings.

Watched Taken last night. Liam Neeson is such a bad-ass that he kills every foo' with one jab to the neck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)

Seriously, who cares though? It's a brilliant action movie with brilliant set pieces. That's enough to satisfy me whenever I get action movie cravings.

Watched Taken last night. Liam Neeson is such a bad-ass that he kills every foo' with one jab to the neck.
    I thought he was just knocking them out. I'm still wondering how he found the Albanians in the first place :/

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say I hated her but I can understand why you might. She's quite sickly in her sweetness, and there's definitely something that doesn't quite fit in her character...Now that I think about it, I wouldn't be surprised if, where there another series, we found out she was a serial killer or something...:pierre:

Director and actor collaborations :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Oh good god, 9 Songs is the dullest movie that has ever been made. I want that hour of my life back. So, so dull.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madjackismad)

John killed a helicopter with a car, how badass.... Oh and John Mcclain for president '08, I remember that internet meme, quite funny

hell yeah he'd get my vote, If I was american

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3092/...70155f.jpg?v=0

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.