Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, there is more panic written over this thread than those average-attaining yobs that missed out on their firm and insurance university offers and are ringing up universities.

Oh and...

BREAKING NEWS...

PSG are on the verge of outbidding Arsenal for Cabaye (20M offered)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oranjuice)
    we neeed emenike!!!!

arsenal is full or fragile unphysical girls
    hahaha

The irony is that Emenike plays like a fragile unphysical girl. I've never seen a tanked beast get pushed off the ball so easy. No balance whatsoever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nwakaeme)
    At the moment, there is more panic written over this thread than those average-attaining yobs that missed out on their firm and insurance university offers and are ringing up universities.

Oh and...

BREAKING NEWS...

PSG are on the verge of outbidding Arsenal for Cabaye (20M offered)...

This is so yesterday. Get with the time sonny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    can I just say...

And I think I speak for a lot of us on this thread..

Shut the **** up. you pathetic excuse for a fan.
    You do.

I did go off on one a while ago because people were despairing. To be fair, we still haven't signed anyone. I think we will, though... I'm not too full of panic just yet, although obviously losing to Villa wasn't great.

I really hope tonight goes ok, though... Been nervous about it for a WHILE now.

ReputationRep:
    who cares about cabaye??? why do arsenal even need him?

ReputationRep:
    How is that N****aeme dousche still not banned yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Don't you guys always start off badly anyway? :laugh: Its a complete overreaction from people, fine to be annoyed but this get Wenger out and Arsenal are going to fail this year is ridiculous...
    Well, if Wenger is the source of their problems, then there's nothing wrong with being in the Wenger Out Brigade.

Failure to some Arsenal fans might be competing with Spurs and Pool for 4th place again. There's been no sign of progress or intent to challenge for the title. I agree that it's not the end of the world. It's not like they're gonna finish below mid-table.

But I think a lot of Arsenal fans have every right to be very frustrated and worried about the future of their club under Wenger. If Wenger keeps settling for top 4 after the close shaves they've had with Spurs in the last few years, it's only a matter of time before Spurs and others surpass them. That is not good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    hahaha

The irony is that Emenike plays like a fragile unphysical girl. I've never seen a tanked beast get pushed off the ball so easy. No balance whatsoever.

were did you watch im play african cup of nations?, thats because thats full of a tonne of other toonkk beasts!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oranjuice)
    were did you watch im play african cup of nations?, thats because thats full of a tonne of other toonkk beasts!!!!
    What happened to this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    can I just say...

And I think I speak for a lot of us on this thread..

Shut the **** up. you pathetic excuse for a fan.
    I agree that his negativity in that "Arsenal are doomed" etc was a bit over the top.

But I agree with him that it is hard to imagine any top class players coming in to Arsenal in less than 2 weeks.

And even if Wenger does bring in some good players, it's still been a shambles of a transfer window. The players should have been signed way before the season started.

There's been enough signs now that Wenger is not the right man to guide Arsenal back to glory again. But Arsenal might as well extend his contract as I can't see any available manager that would do a much better job.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Squirtle-)
    I agree that his negativity in that "Arsenal are doomed" etc was a bit over the top.

But I agree with him that it is hard to imagine any top class players coming in to Arsenal in less than 2 weeks.

And even if Wenger does bring in some good players, it's still been a shambles of a transfer window. The players should have been signed way before the season started.

There's been enough signs now that Wenger is not the right man to guide Arsenal back to glory again. But Arsenal might as well extend his contract as I can't see any available manager that would do a much better job.
    oh dont get me wrong, im very very worried about arsenals current situation, - and I can empathise with the negativitiy that is around at the moment..

My problem with the other poster, is that he just sits and waits for something bad to happen.. and as soon as it does, we get a tirade of:

'arsenal is so doomed, wenger out, wenger is terrible, its awful, we are going to fail and die horrible deaths etc'

And as soon as another club does something:

'Look at this, how amazing, title challenging, why arent we doing this?? this is how to run a club! ****ing hell arasenel get a grip!;

- and its just a bit rediculous..

ReputationRep:
    Apparently you lot are in for Casillas now. Hell of a signing if you get him, but I think the press are just making up transfers now to troll Arsenal fans.

ReputationRep:
    Quite gutted Spurs are very close to getting Willian - he's exactly the sort of player that would have flourished for us. Very skillful, quick and good passing. Can play behind the striker or wide, £30m may seem excessive, but he's got some talent.

Here's hoping we can get Julio Cesar; a young, reliable CB able to cover for Mert/Kos/Verm; Bender and Kondogbia; a capable winger able to dribble past opponents; and a young CAM for rotation. Giroud upfront doesn't phase me because there aren't any other quality strikers on the market, and Verm can cover for Gibbs.

My only worry is the lack of squad depth at present. City, Chelsea, Utd and Spurs can field two decent teams - but we can't, and when we pick up injuries (which we already have) just how are we going to be able to challenge for the top 4?

It's all good saying the season's barely begun, and that we shouldn't be worried, but with 10 odd days left before the transfer window closes we're cutting it pretty fine. Especially when we consider just how strong our rivals have become.

Just my 2 cents.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by Mr Advice)
    I've seen it now and it reminds me a little of the interview he gave last campaign when our season really was over, I think after the home defeat to Bayern.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much yeah... plus The Ox is out for 3 months, not 6 weeks apparently like Wenger claims.
    • Arsenal FC Supporter

ReputationRep:
    Arsenal FC Supporter
    (Original post by 99ja02)
    But it is contradictory.
    Erm. Yeah. I know. I was just quoting what Wenger said cos someone asked me what he said in the press conference yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Apparently you lot are in for Casillas now. Hell of a signing if you get him, but I think the press are just making up transfers now to troll Arsenal fans.
    Jesus haha where do they get this from :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    The six weeks vs three months thing shows how Arsene can be 'economical' with the truth to say the least.

Also with regards to people (not really on here, but people on twitter etc) getting p***ed off with TA. Journo's always release articles like this saying Tony Adams says etc... But they won't write the question they asked to elicit such a response. He was obviously asked would you like to be Arsenal manager and as expected said yes (if someone asked me the same question I probably would as well). Unfortunately with big Tone while my heart says yes, nothing would be more amazing than Mr Arsenal returning to the club and being successful as our manager, my head says no definitely not!

ReputationRep:
    didn't "Mr Arsenal" Tony Adams get a caution for beating his wife (serious question lol)

wouldnt want to run into him in a dark alley :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soul of Mischief)
    The six weeks vs three months thing shows how Arsene can be 'economical' with the truth to say the least.

Also with regards to people (not really on here, but people on twitter etc) getting p***ed off with TA. Journo's always release articles like this saying Tony Adams says etc... But they won't write the question they asked to elicit such a response. He was obviously asked would you like to be Arsenal manager and as expected said yes (if someone asked me the same question I probably would as well). Unfortunately with big Tone while my heart says yes, nothing would be more amazing than Mr Arsenal returning to the club and being successful as our manager, my head says no definitely not!
    Tony Adams is not an intelligent bloke, legendary center half but now that those days are over he's best to keep out of things. Agree that journos put words in his mouth though, although he does have a chip on his shoulder against Wenger these days....

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for today. I'm gonna be bold and say 2-1 Arsenal win. I think we perform better when odds are against us. Admittedly the football isn't as good but we get the results.

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.