Not exactly a mature response yourself
I was clearly being sarcastic.
Life_peer
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mazzini)
What, should we be gassing the queers instead?

Grow up.
1. That's a very impotent attempt to twist my words – I never implied that, but the motive is quite inappropriate for a coat of arms. It looks ridiculous.

2. The man claims that all are equal, yet the ladder represents his own climb up social hierarchy from a cabbie's son to the Speaker of the HoC. That's plain ridiculous. :laugh:

3. He's spent a lot of taxpayers' money to create a pompous painting of himself along with this.
Mazzini
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
1. That's a very impotent attempt to twist my words – I never implied that, but the motive is quite inappropriate for a coat of arms. It looks ridiculous.

2. The man claims that all are equal, yet the ladder represents his own climb up social hierarchy from a cabbie's son to the Speaker of the HoC. That's plain ridiculous. :laugh:

3. He's spent a lot of taxpayers' money to create a pompous painting of himself along with this.
Only paraphrasing what you've said in the past

Have you managed to survive another ordeal with that GAY :gasp: hairdresser?
Life_peer
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Only paraphrasing what you've said in the past

Have you managed to survive another ordeal with that GAY :gasp: hairdresser?
Typical. :rolleyes:
Mazzini
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Life_peer)
Typical. :rolleyes:
Yes?
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was clearly being sarcastic.
Of course. Text is obviously sarcastic /s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cryptographic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anyway, Political Betting's weighted average shows a Tory lead, with the Conservatives up 2.5 percent since past month. http://www2.politicalbetting.com/ind...age-crossover/

Also, interestingly all the Con leads are coming from phone polls, and the Lab leads from online polls. Personally the above things combined with the fact that the pollsters all underestimated Con at the EU elections (IIRC) I reckon that the Conservatives are about 3 percent ahead of Labour.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've been counting the number of polls that have them tied or a Tory lead (given a 2% underestimate of the Tory vote according to the UK polling site analysis one can assume that a tie in polling puts the Tories ahead on the day) and even with HSBC and Rifkin they still managed 12 polls in Feb as opposed to 13 in Jan. It's a stall in the progress since November but considering these scandals play into the Tory rich image to only stall is not a bad result, especially if these opening March polls (3 of the 5 polls so far are golden) are to be believed.

ICM is the real kicker for me. As much as i look at average polling, the one i trust is ICM and that still averages a 3 month Labour lead (have to take an average since it's monthly), but if it comes out with another ~36% then something interesting could be happening.
toronto353
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just a heads up, I'm at a meeting this evening and I'm not sure how long it'll be going on for, so the update may be late tonight.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Wrong thread!)
Mazzini
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Of course. Text is obviously sarcastic /s

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a queer, Liberal MP. How would it not be sarcastic?

(Original post by toronto353)
Just a heads up, I'm at a meeting this evening and I'm not sure how long it'll be going on for, so the update may be late tonight.
No worries, thanks for letting us know. Hope the meeting goes well
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm a queer, Liberal MP. How would it not be sarcastic?

No worries, thanks for letting us know. Hope the meeting goes well
Why would I know that you're queer?

I didn't even notice the flag at the bottom, I thought it looked stupid because he had ladders and swords...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A second straight Youguv poll puts the Tories ahead tonight on 36%. The last 7 have had 3 ties, 3 leads and only 1 labour lead.

I remain cautious (not least with the budget on the 18th) but this could be the incumbent break some of us have been expecting.
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
A second straight Youguv poll puts the Tories ahead tonight on 36%. The last 7 have had 3 ties, 3 leads and only 1 labour lead.

I remain cautious (not least with the budget on the 18th) but this could be the incumbent break some of us have been expecting.
I predict a Conservative win by at least 4% come May but a Labour win seats wise resulting in a coalition and howls for a change from FPTP.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
I predict a Conservative win by at least 4% come May but a Labour win seats wise resulting in a coalition and howls for a change from FPTP.
4% probably gives the Tories the most seats, I think for that they need 3% lead and Labour below 35%.
That Bearded Man
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I despise real life politics. They are supposed to represent the best of us, but in reality they are just TV celebrities, every statement carefully phrased and rehearsed, an incredible expenses system and often incredibly petty. (For the latter, DUP/SF guilty, Labour actually more so than the rest)

Sometimes I just wish we had a revolt and I became a dictator, even to just ensure things ran smoothly, enforce a wage cap, force ministers to actually work and increase spontaneous comments and interviews.

To think, out of all here who join politics, one day, you will disagree with your party and be forced to toe the line. Not to point score, but an example of this is the Tory skills minister who said the benefits scheme needs "seriously looked at" then was forced to retract.

One day
username1524603
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
4% probably gives the Tories the most seats, I think for that they need 3% lead and Labour below 35%.
The Conservatives have a problem with spread giving them a slight disadvantage. In 2010 the Conservatives were 7.1% ahead with Labour under 30% but still did not have a majority. In 2005 Labour had a majority with 32.4% of the vote, but for the Conservatives with the same level there could be 100 fewer MPs. British elections have always been a strange event with parties sometimes increase their share of votes by 2% while losing 20 seats costing them the election as seen in 1951 with Attlee.

I cannot find the blog but analysis showed the Conservatives could go to 4.5% more votes, using current majorities in safe seats and factoring in a last minute swing, but still have fewer seats.
Mazzini
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by nebelbon)
Why would I know that you're queer?

I didn't even notice the flag at the bottom, I thought it looked stupid because he had ladders and swords...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because (a) I've said so in the past and (b) I'm a member of LGBT+ Soc on TSR.
username456717
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Because (a) I've said so in the past and (b) I'm a member of LGBT+ Soc on TSR.
Tbh, i've always thought of you as Miranda hart and that image will be hard to break
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
The Conservatives have a problem with spread giving them a slight disadvantage. In 2010 the Conservatives were 7.1% ahead with Labour under 30% but still did not have a majority. In 2005 Labour had a majority with 32.4% of the vote, but for the Conservatives with the same level there could be 100 fewer MPs. British elections have always been a strange event with parties sometimes increase their share of votes by 2% while losing 20 seats costing them the election as seen in 1951 with Attlee.

I cannot find the blog but analysis showed the Conservatives could go to 4.5% more votes, using current majorities in safe seats and factoring in a last minute swing, but still have fewer seats.
Aye, hence why i thought it was 3% (think the BBC came up with that once on Daily Politics). 32.4% was the Tory vote in 05, the Labour vote was 35.2% (a record low for a majority). True although perhaps less likely now that the SNP will take some in Scotland.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1618)
79.2%
Leave (425)
20.8%

Watched Threads