Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well hello there everyone! I've seen this thread around for a while and debated whether or not to join in, but seeing as I've decided to be single for the next four years and feel wonderful about it, it seemed about the right time to finally post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by james1211)
    It's finished now, only just heard about it as they were leaving. Annoying thing is that pub is a 4 minute walk from mine, closer to me than it is to them.
    i mean for future referance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eelnais)
    Well hello there everyone! I've seen this thread around for a while and debated whether or not to join in, but seeing as I've decided to be single for the next four years and feel wonderful about it, it seemed about the right time to finally post.
    Welcome to the thread, why the long single decision might i ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tomsta)
    i mean for future referance
    Yeah, true. I can't help feeling that if they didn't invite me they didn't want me there, though i know that's not true and it's most likely that they just didn't think i'd want to go or thought it'd be awkward because i don't know everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the thread, why the long single decision might i ask?
    Thank you!

Well, I got out of an almost two year relationship last March which put me off wanting another relationship for a while. Then I started university last September and the amount of freedom has really boosted my confidence and made me feel a lot happier and secure in myself. I don't want a relationship to tie me down when I could be out having fun - I'm pretty cynical about them and I just don't really want any emotional stuff right now. University is busy enough already, so that's why the long decision.

Of course, four years is a long time and a lot can change. But right now I know I simply do not want one for my time at university.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, true. I can't help feeling that if they didn't invite me they didn't want me there, though i know that's not true and it's most likely that they just didn't think i'd want to go or thought it'd be awkward because i don't know everyone.
    I'm not sure I know the full context, but why not ask one of them how the night went tomorrow and then mention you'd like to come along next time?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Well, I got out of an almost two year relationship last March which put me off wanting another relationship for a while. Then I started university last September and the amount of freedom has really boosted my confidence and made me feel a lot happier and secure in myself. I don't want a relationship to tie me down when I could be out having fun - I'm pretty cynical about them and I just don't really want any emotional stuff right now. University is busy enough already, so that's why the long decision.

Of course, four years is a long time and a lot can change. But right now I know I simply do not want one for my time at university.
    Seems logical what you studying at uni? and wht uni u at?

ReputationRep:
    Seems logical what you studying at uni? and wht uni u at?
    History At Warwick! How about yourself?

ReputationRep:
    History At Warwick! How about yourself?
    AI and Robotics at DMU (my final year)

ReputationRep:
    AI and Robotics at DMU (my final year)
    Final year...that's gotta be stressful Sad to be coming at an end of university or looking forward to it?

ReputationRep:
    Final year...that's gotta be stressful Sad to be coming at an end of university or looking forward to it?
    Yea final year is stressfull and i'm more sad than happy i can't do goodbyes, never been able to, i've so far from my uni it's kinda depressing at times

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure I know the full context, but why not ask one of them how the night went tomorrow and then mention you'd like to come along next time?
    Yeah i'm going to when i get the chance. I'm *assuming* it's because i don't really know most of the people there and i'm guessing they organised it, whereas my friend was invited along and probably didn't know if it was acceptable to invite someone the others don't know very well.

ReputationRep:
    Yea final year is stressfull and i'm more sad than happy i can't do goodbyes, never been able to, i've so far from my uni it's kinda depressing at times
    Yeah At least you'll be able to keep in contact with most of your uni friends and meet up with them sometimes?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm going to when i get the chance. I'm *assuming* it's because i don't really know most of the people there and i'm guessing they organised it, whereas my friend was invited along and probably didn't know if it was acceptable to invite someone the others don't know very well.
    Yeah that's probably it, although if it happens again I would just tag along with your friend if it's just the pub More the merrier in those situations.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah At least you'll be able to keep in contact with most of your uni friends and meet up with them sometimes?
    Keep in contact yes, meet up not so easy i'm a 2 1/2 car journey from my uni

ReputationRep:
    Keep in contact yes, meet up not so easy i'm a 2 1/2 car journey from my uni
    Well you can always arrange to have them or you stay over for a couple of nights to make any visits worth it But still, Skype conversations are fun. I have them with my friends back home while I'm at university.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Welcome to the thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    Welcome to the thread!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Thank you!
    No problem - hope you're ok

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack22031994)
    No problem - hope you're ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah thanks I'm tired though, I'll probably fall asleep soon. How are you?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.