Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    How old are you, if you're graduating this year then 21/22? There's loads around that age but fair enough.
    I'll be 21 when i graduate next summer. It feels like a more student oriented site if you know what i mean? (well it is a student oriented site :lol:) Since i wont be a student anymore, it'll feel different. Redcafe is where it's at for United fans, been going strong on there for a good 4/5 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
    I'll be 21 when i graduate next summer. It feels like a more student oriented site if you know what i mean? (well it is a student oriented site :lol:) Since i wont be a student anymore, it'll feel different. Redcafe is where it's at for United fans, been going strong on there for a good 4/5 years.
    Tbh lots of us don't even bother with the rest of TSR anyways. It's the FF which keeps us here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Is that confirmed or are you just really self confident?
    A bit of both tbh . I have uncles who are partners at a few Accountancy firms and in one is a partner at one of the Big Four. They've told me if i get a first or a 2.1 then they'll push me into one of those grad schemes.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i've campained it much more than i thought i'd have to tbh
    posted on facebook including private messaging to some of my friends and also posted on TSR along with keeping it in my signature.
    not sure i'll make it to 150 before my deadline in early jan, but at least i'm past the 100 mark.
    i would say any undergraduate dissertation survey with 100 or more respondants can't be criticised for having a low sample size.
    That's a clever idea who came up with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Tbh lots of us don't even bother with the rest of TSR anyways. It's the FF which keeps us here
    Yeah true, i dont think i barely post anywhere but the FF.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Tbh lots of us don't even bother with the rest of TSR anyways. It's the FF which keeps us here.
    can honestly say that the only time i venture outside of FF is to laugh at a troll post.
    or maybe occasionally contribute to one of the latest posts on the home screen if it's late and i'm bored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    That's a clever idea who came up with that?
    one of my idiot mates i think.
    it was a decent idea but he's passing it off like he's a genius now :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    one of my idiot mates i think.
    it was a decent idea but he's passing it off like he's a genius now :rolleyes:
    I deserved a 'dbi' for that post I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fideo)
    I deserved a 'dbi' for that post I think
    i'm not a poor enough poster to have to resort to dbi.

inb4 dbi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lúcio)
    i'm not a poor enough poster to have to resort to dbi.

inb4 dbi
    dfbi

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)

Spoiler:
    Show
    cheers fk for the gif btw.

Psych is your calling Lucio
    oops, only just seen this:rolleyes:

soz bbz; if only you had known me before you took your exams!

also it's Lúcio, please get it right <3

ReputationRep:
    Rip misc 2014

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really want to see Atletico lift the C.L. in the next few years, they are my hipster second team lol.

Such absolute raw emotion and passion from their fans. To experience that, to topple Barca and Real as underdogs, even just for one season, must have been unreal. I love the way they play football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    Really want to see Atletico lift the C.L. in the next few years, they are my hipster second team lol.

Such absolute raw emotion and passion from their fans. To experience that, to topple Barca and Real as underdogs, even just for one season, must have been unreal.
    Should make a movie tbh. Gerard Butler can grow back the beard from 300 and play Turan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IceJJFish(II))
    Should make a movie tbh. Gerard Butler can grow back the beard from 300 and play Turan.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The Godfather mate. Simeone is the Don and his players are his thugs. Oppositions would lose on purpose to avoid sleeping with the fishes the next morning.

"Mandz, take the gun, leave the cannoli"
    (Diego Costa's body is slumped forward onto the steering wheel and Simeone walks calmly after with cannoli in hand. Mandzukic just nods in agreement) *Exit scene*.

ReputationRep:
    **** that Atlético thing gave me goosebumps when they kicked the ball and the final whistle came.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    **** that Atlético thing gave me goosebumps when they kicked the ball and the final whistle came.

The video?

Edit: Yeah, can't imagine how it feels to be an underdog like that and win the title after years against teams who laugh at you as being the little club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_Ford)
    The video?
    Yeah the video.

I was talking about when Godin scored and the final whistle came after the Atlético player booted the ball. **** that was amazing to see. It's a shame I didn't see that game live but that has got to be the best end to a season in history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Yeah the video.

I was talking about when Godin scored and the final whistle came after the Atlético player booted the ball. **** that was amazing to see. It's a shame I didn't see that game live but that has got to be the best end to a season in history.
    It was just an amazing show of passion from the Atletico fans, it was a real force of nature. All of the colours, the atmosphere. "Defend our colours" on banners. I suppose the Man City title win reactions from the fans could be interpreted as similarly euphoric. However, this is somewhat different in that they won in a very financially constricted way, they won the title in a very proud way. This felt complete, even as a neutral.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fizzel)
    You previous user was Mr Vain tbf. Probably not a bad thing tbh. I certainly think being arrogant is very beneficial in life.
    I agree. Realised when I was younger and arrogant I was doing better. Guy basically turned me down for a high paying job because he felt I was too nice and needed to be more ruthless as it was a sales role. Guy was right because arrogance is linked to confidence.

I'm not sure its human values its just the last few years social landscape has changed massively. The core reasons for marriage historically, for the most part, aren't relevant to modern western society.
    Agree.

I was listening to a podcast in summer, by Dan Carlin I think (his hardcore history wrath of the khans series is so so good btw free on itunes, cool voice too) but he pointed out pretty much from 4000BC (domestication of the horse) until 1886 the fastest way for a human to travel between two points was a horse. Nearly 6000 years, and basically no progress. You couldn't get from one city to the next much faster in 4000BC than you could in 1850AD. Then the car is invented in 1886. Progress from there is just unreal. By 1969 we're putting men on the moon. After nearly 6000 year of **** all progress, it takes 100 years from horses to, cars everywhere, commercial flight and space travel. What was just standard for millennia becomes irrelevant, relatively speaking in an moment.

Kind of random connection but I think it just illustrated how much the world has actually changed in relatively recent times. Socially the same thing is happening, some of the stuff that we've used and been accustomed to being how things work, just aren't relevant at all. They worked because the world was a certain way for a very long period of time, and its no longer that way.
    I agree. I was going to mention this before but my computer froze.

I'd say the harnessing of electricity has lead to such advanced technological improvements over the past century. We see that the car's invention(thank you karl benz) shortly lead to flight in the space of 20 years and it went on from there. Interesting thing I saw the other day, firstly the first video recording ever made in 1888

Quite remarkable the progress of technology since then but what's even more intriguing is that every single person who is in that video is currently dead. There's other things like how they recorded the building of bridges and construction safety was nowhere near as good, columbia bridge that crosses the colombia river was made in 1920 and they basically had one guy on a boat who had to be a hero if anybody fell down during the construction of the bridge (nobody did).

Not many portrait paintings are available of the middle ages and while portraits were supposedly painted of the chinese dynasty from 1000BC supposedly 1000AD is the earliest recovered painting so far. I'm also interested in the time and year scale of people BC. Must be fun being an archeologist and figuring this stuff out.

The moon thing is interesting you'd think that with the progress we've made so far and us being able to land people on the moon and having many astronauts go to and from space we'd find a way to allow for travelling to other planets. Reckon humans will try and colonise the planet if there are other lifeforms there. I doubt it'll happen this lifetime unfortunately, too many parameters for it to happen and too costly at this moment in time. I do see life like robots with artificial intelligence coming to play at some point in my life though.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 5, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.