Christopher Eccleston
    8.20%
    David Tennant
    59.71%
    Matt Smith
    32.09%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Good point. I think it's because she knows that she could kiss him at the current stage, but any more backwards timeline and he wouldn't know her well enough to kiss him? She does seem to know a lot about the future despite 'spoilers' on her timeline. She knew that the day the Doctor did not know her, would be the day she died.
    She may not mean literally though. I assumed she meant in a metaphorical way, that we know is actually true.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Then perhaps she takes the diary from the doctor and she marks off what she's done as well as looking at whats to come?

Also I still think that 'her' Doctor is a future incarnation.
    Considering that the doctor she's seen last is the 10th Doctor, its possible that her doctor is the future incarnation
    IS there an explanation as to why their timelines are so messed up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheCrackInTime)
    Lol! brilliant

can't wait for episode 2 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    :hello:

I really want to start watching Doctor Who, but I have no idea where to start! There are 26 seasons and over 700 episodes :dontknow:

Help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xEndeavors)

I really want to start watching Doctor Who, but I have no idea where to start! There are 26 seasons and over 700 episodes :dontknow:

Help?
    New or old?
    I would start by watching the most recent series (series 5 of new who) - 'cause it had a new doctor and a new companion, so the past mattered less.
    Then just begin new who from the beginning.

Then just go back and watch as much classic who as you can.

ReputationRep:

Help?
    I I only started at the 2005 ones. I think when they made it they new a lot of people wouldn't go back and watch all the old ones so they tried to make it so it would work as a starting point, and i would like to think it fits in well for the old fans to but I'm not sure.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team

Help?
    32 seasons up to now. :holmes:

I'd recommend starting of from episode one of the new series. You can pick up the complete series one from Amazon for about £14 now.

Clicky

ReputationRep:
    32 seasons up to now. :holmes:

I'd recommend starting of from episode one of the new series. You can pick up the complete series one from Amazon for about £14 now.

Clicky
    You changed your username. :eek: Love it. :heart:

ReputationRep:
    captain jack is coming back ??
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Crazy Paving)
    You changed your username. :eek: Love it. :heart:
    :awesome:

(Original post by boba)
    captain jack is coming back ??
    I think the shot of Jack was from Torchwood: Miracle Day, but you never know. :ninja:

ReputationRep:

I think the shot of Jack was from Torchwood: Miracle Day, but you never know. :ninja:
    Was the trailer a Summer preview? If so then yeah, it was probably miracle day. Although they haven't released any trailers for it yet. Well, proper ones. They've done those annoying teasers which have no episode footage in them...

20 Vague hints about Day of the Moon
    Spoiler:
    Show
    1 There are another two cracking bits of physical comedy from Matt Smith, one involving him almost falling over, and another involving his teeth

2 The episode opens very unexpectedly, almost disorientatingly, but the whole precredit sequence is just stunning

3 There’s a very silly stunt involving one of the TARDIS’s rooms, that may make you cringe, but made us laugh (and got a cheer at the preview screening)

4 Pay close attention to the discussion following the “bow tie” moment at the start of the episode; what may seem like a throwaway comment actually becomes vital later on

5 Rory’s emotions are put through the wringer. Again

6 Rory briefly gets a new look. So does River, but Rory’s is more striking and may win him some new fans

7 The TARDIS can’t seem to make its mind up about someone

8 The gay agenda is back… again ;-)

9 There’s snogging

10 There are two great action sequences, one of them ludicrous, but stupidly fun

11 The writing’s on the wall

12 Nixon’s final expression in the episode is a doozy

13 A famous British TV personality gets a mention

14 You want answers? Prepare for even more questions first

15 There’s a great beauty shot just after the Doctor is discovered tinkering somewhere he shouldn’t be

16 Karen Gillan is getting better and better and better…

17 Some more Moffat tropes are given the dust down

18 Unless you’ve had inside information, you will NEVER predict what happens in the final scene

19 Has somebody wandered in off the set of Twin Peaks?

20 If you liked part one, we don’t think you’ll be disappointed in part two – it’s pacier, creepier and just as full of “Huh?!” moments, though maybe it’s not quite as witty, and doesn’t have the shock of the new. But there’s still an awful lot of information to take in. Then again, that also means you’re still picking up on clever little moments the third, fourth and fifth time you watch it.

Read more: Doctor Who “Day Of The Moon” Spoiler-Free Preview http://www.sfx.co.uk/2011/04/28/doctor-who-%e2%80%9cday-of-the-moon%e2%80%9d-spoiler-free-preview/#ixzz1KvEMYUod
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by LastLordofTime)
    Was the trailer a Summer preview? If so then yeah, it was probably miracle day. Although they haven't released any trailers for it yet. Well, proper ones. They've done those annoying teasers which have no episode footage in them...
    Sort of, yeah. It ran with the tagline "If it's worth watching, watch it on BBC One" or something along those lines.

ReputationRep:

oh makes sense, I never really watched torchwood though I thought captain jack left that as well?

I just remember this.

I can't stop laughing.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    3 - the swimming pool? :awesome:

:tardis:

(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
    Speculating on some points.

4 - is this the comment Karen referred to as throwaway yet important?

7 - Perhaps more out of control with River? Like Pandorica Opens?

8 - Has to be Canton

9 - River and Doctor
    4 - I'm guessing this is it.

7 - Maybe so. Although I thought it was out of control in The Pandorica Opens because a)it wanted to show River Amy's house and b) someone was controlling it/for whatever reason something drew it to Amy's house.

8 and 9 - yes and yes

Regarding Rory, purely speculation but:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've read somewhere that Rory makes a tragic mistake because he's confused by Amy's relationship with the Doctor and the whole pregnancy thing. And no 5 mentions Rory. A spoiler free review from blogtor who says: "we witness Rory's seemingly constant struggle with his relationship with Amy. Mr Pond spends a lot of time looking mournful, skulking around in the TARDIS." and another review said something about feeling sorry for Rory at least once during the episode. So it'll be interesting to see what this means and what tragic mistake he makes."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aula)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    3 - the swimming pool? :awesome:

:tardis:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In the library?

Which truely an awesome idea!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    In the library?

Which truely an awesome idea!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    With the Silents?

Silents in the Library. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    With the Silents?

Silents in the Library. :awesome:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Silents swimming in the pool in the library? :dice: :awesome:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.