Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Who knew sofa shopping could be so stressful!?!

Still struggling to eat but im phoning the drs tomorrow to sort out registering with them so can sort my life out again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by tasha96)
    Today is better than yesterday.
    I passed my first aid course and had something to eat. :woo:
    Todays current score: Tasha-2:Voices-0
    Well done Tasha! :king1: :yay: :lovehug:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asdfgah)
    :hugs: I don't think I'll be around in the evening (Nut. and I have a gig ) but maybe catch up tomorrow at some point? Hope you're doing alright :hugs:
    Ooh, I hope that goes well :hugs:

Yay, you can do this! :yep: :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Managed to get a little bit of shopping done. And I took my meds this morning. Just need to continue this good streak by finishing my work and making sure I wake up on time tomorrow morning :laugh: :rolleyes:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by avhhs)
    Managed to get a little bit of shopping done. And I took my meds this morning. Just need to continue this good streak by finishing my work and making sure I wake up on time tomorrow morning :laugh: :rolleyes:
    Good work, young sir! :hat2: I didn't take my meds today :ninja: :getmecoat: :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    I said this in another thread (sorry ), but I really envy those who have a strong faith in a religion, a God, something and/or someone. A few people that I know have gone through so much, but they still keep their faith strong in the belief that one day, their faith will reward them. I really do admire that and I believe that if it makes them happy, then I can't see anything wrong with it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I said this in another thread (sorry ), but I really envy those who have a strong faith in a religion, a God, something and/or someone. A few people that I know have gone through so much, but they still keep their faith strong in the belief that one day, their faith will reward them. I really do admire that and I believe that if it makes them happy, then I can't see anything wrong with it
    Really encouraging to see this post. It's not easy to be so ill and to be a person of faith, especially if those around you don't understand or ridicule you. Doctors also tend not to take faith seriously either :nope: Repped you and hope you are doing OK

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Really encouraging to see this post. It's not easy to be so ill and to be a person of faith, especially if those around you don't understand or ridicule you. Doctors also tend not to take faith seriously either :nope: Repped you and hope you are doing OK
    I don't understand why people would ridicule people based on their faith. Whether people are Christian, a Muslim, a Sikh etc. or an atheist, does it really matter what/whom they believe in as long as it's making them happy? (not aimed at you ). I'm really proud of my friend for sticking with something (I believe Christianity in general) she believed in after everything that she has been through. She never really mentioned this when we were close n'all or in general until maybe about 3 months ago or so. Through all the pain that she's gone through, she found something to make her happier and that's her love and belief in Jesus Christ and God. She has her slip ups like everyone else, but it's so good that it appears she's got something to comfort her.

It's a shame that the doctors don't take your faith seriously, but ultimately it's your faith that makes you the lovely and adorable person than you are today and so as hard as it seems, try and brush it off You got something to comfort you at times where you may feel the need to have something to comfort you and that's something the nay-sayers will never understand...but that's their problem and not yours N'aww you didn't have too :hugs: I'll rep you back after this and it's not necessarily because you repped me but more for...well nothing really, you don't always need a reason to be nice to someone

Me? I'm doing fine I guess. I've been thinking about my life a lot and people in general recently to be honest and it's actually for the good reasons. I feel within myself that I could be a little more kinder and just try and get out of my comfort zone a little more...we'll see Sorry for the long ass post by the way
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I don't understand why people would ridicule people based on their faith. Whether people are Christian, a Muslim, a Sikh etc. or an atheist, does it really matter what/whom they believe in as long as it's making them happy? (not aimed at you ). I'm really proud of my friend for sticking with something (I believe Christianity in general) she believed in after everything that she has been through. She never really mentioned this when we were close n'all or in general until maybe about 3 months ago or so. Through all the pain that she's gone through, she found something to make her happier and that's her love and belief in Jesus Christ and God. She has her slip ups like everyone else, but it's so good that it appears she's got something to comfort her.

It's a shame that the doctors don't take your faith seriously, but ultimately it's your faith that makes you the lovely and adorable person than you are today and so as hard as it seems, try and brush it off You got something to comfort you at times where you may feel the need to have something to comfort you and that's something the nay-sayers will never understand...but that's their problem and not yours N'aww you didn't have too :hugs: I'll rep you back after this and it's not necessarily because you repped me but more for...well nothing really, you don't always need a reason to be nice to someone

Me? I'm doing fine I guess. I've been thinking about my life a lot and people in general recently to be honest and it's actually for the good reasons. I feel within myself that I could be a little more kinder and just try and get out of my comfort zone a little more...we'll see Sorry for the long ass post by the way
    No need to apologise about your post - write away! Getting out of one's comfort zone is scary stuff but good on you for trying. I always stay firmly put in mine

Ah I didn't mean to **** off all doctors - I was lucky that my psychiatrist respected my faith and would let me talk about how it interacts with my health, even if he didn't believe himself or believe what I was saying was true :yes:

ReputationRep:
    No need to apologise about your post - write away! Getting out of one's comfort zone is scary stuff but good on you for trying. I always stay firmly put in mine

Ah I didn't mean to **** off all doctors - I was lucky that my psychiatrist respected my faith and would let me talk about how it interacts with my health, even if he didn't believe himself or believe what I was saying was true :yes:
    I get carried away on posting sometimes I try and it doesn't really end well, but I do feel proud of myself a little for at least attempting to I just struggle to feel strong enough at times One day you may see yourself edging a little out of your comfort zone

Oh I knew what you meant haha, I didn't take it as a generalisation honestly At least he understood how much it means to you! I think your faith in...God...I assume, either way I think that your faith is something that means a lot to you and something I believe will reward you one day in the future :yep: It's something you deserve ya know, something amazing that'll make you happy...it's something we all deserve in this thread
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I get carried away on posting sometimes I try and it doesn't really end well, but I do feel proud of myself a little for at least attempting to I just struggle to feel strong enough at times One day you may see yourself edging a little out of your comfort zone
    We can't always feel strong, especially when ill. The fact that you're even contemplating moving out of your comfort zone is admirable, to me at least :yep:

Oh I knew what you meant haha, I didn't take it as a generalisation honestly At least he understood how much it means to you! I think your faith in...God...I assume, either way I think that your faith is something that means a lot to you and something I believe will reward you one day in the future :yep: It's something you deserve ya know, something amazing that'll make you happy...it's something we all deserve in this thread
    Yes we all certainly deserve to feel very happy indeed, and that happiness can be found in many places, both sacred and secular!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm Catholic, so yes, tiz a faith in God :jebus:

ReputationRep:
    We can't always feel strong, especially when ill. The fact that you're even contemplating moving out of your comfort zone is admirable, to me at least :yep:

Yes we all certainly deserve to feel very happy indeed, and that happiness can be found in many places, both sacred and secular!

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'm Catholic, so yes, tiz a faith in God :jebus:
    I know, but I feel like i'm getting stronger...kinda. Sometimes I don't do it for myself either! I did so many things last year that I didn't want too do because I didn't want to let anybody down. I practically sacrificed my mental instability (can;t think of another word/phrase to describe it) in order to keep people happy. I regret some of it, but I also feel happy knowing at I can actually be selfless at times

I agree with that. One day i'll reach the happiness that will make each day exciting and new rather than bleak and dull, one day :moon:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh okay! I admire you keeping the faith when you're not 100% cause one day I fully believe you'll be rewarded for it
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I know, but I feel like i'm getting stronger...kinda. Sometimes I don't do it for myself either! I did so many things last year that I didn't want too do because I didn't want to let anybody down. I practically sacrificed my mental instability (can;t think of another word/phrase to describe it) in order to keep people happy. I regret some of it, but I also feel happy knowing at I can actually be selfless at times
    You must try and be careful with that! I know that being selfless is a great feeling and is something to strive towards but you wanna be careful to look after yourself. You shouldn't have to risk your wellbeing in order to please people :nah: I learnt that the very hard way :sadnod:

I agree with that. One day i'll reach the happiness that will make each day exciting and new rather than bleak and dull, one day :moon:
    And on that day, we will all celebrate with you

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh okay! I admire you keeping the faith when you're not 100% cause one day I fully believe you'll be rewarded for it
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've already had my reward, tenfold. I'm very lucky Now is the hard part, walking the road of faith without the warm fuzzies and the rewards :sadnod: But one must soldier on! :yes:

ReputationRep:
    You must try and be careful with that! I know that being selfless is a great feeling and is something to strive towards but you wanna be careful to look after yourself. You shouldn't have to risk your wellbeing in order to please people :nah: I learnt that the very hard way :sadnod:

And on that day, we will all celebrate with you

Spoiler:
    Show
    I've already had my reward, tenfold. I'm very lucky Now is the hard part, walking the road of faith without the warm fuzzies and the rewards :sadnod: But one must soldier on! :yes:
    Yeah and i've said no a couple of times since then, but you know how it is when you feel pressured to do something. I finally had the courage to speak to a higher up about it and they were understanding and have said they'd guide me through if necessary I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:

Be my guest!! If i'm still posting by then then you guys would bet he first to know. Without you and the rest of the threads help, I wouldn't have made the progress that i've seen already One day people and myself will be uber proud of me..hopefully

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh but getting through the coldness and lack of rewards could very well provide perhaps your best reward You never know! I believe you'll get that reward, whatever it may be some day :hugs:
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Yeah and i've said no a couple of times since then, but you know how it is when you feel pressured to do something. I finally had the courage to speak to a higher up about it and they were understanding and have said they'd guide me through if necessary I'm sorry to hear that :hugs:
    Very glad to hear you spoke to someone higher up about it :yep:

Be my guest!! If i'm still posting by then then you guys would bet he first to know. Without you and the rest of the threads help, I wouldn't have made the progress that i've seen already One day people and myself will be uber proud of me..hopefully
    We'll def be proud of you :yep:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Ahh but getting through the coldness and lack of rewards could very well provide perhaps your best reward You never know! I believe you'll get that reward, whatever it may be some day :hugs:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I suspect you may be right about it being the greatest reward yet :yes:

ReputationRep:
    :dance::banana2::banana:

go tasha, go tasha, go tasha

so proud of you

ReputationRep:
    Good work, young sir! :hat2: I didn't take my meds today :ninja: :getmecoat: :ninja:
    Thanks, I still need to eat this evening and take the meds for this evening, and get my work done. I hope you've taken the meds now :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Antifazian)
    Does anyone have any tips on how to phrase things when you first go to the Dr to ask for help?

I want to try a combination of meds and some kind of therapy for my depression and anxiety but can I just straight out ask for this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's a really useful website linked to in the OP of this thread - it helps you think through what you want to say, make a checklist of symptoms etc.

It's perfectly fine to have definite aims in mind, just remember that therapy is likely to be a long wait.

Good luck!

Go Tasha! :jive:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Go Tasha! :jive:
    i was looking for that one, but couldnt find it :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    also i am ****, because i booked rorys support worker in for the 31st which means im super **** as we cant come up north :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    i was looking for that one, but couldnt find it :sad:

Spoiler:
    Show
    also i am ****, because i booked rorys support worker in for the 31st which means im super **** as we cant come up north :sad:
    :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Can't you change the date?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 11, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.