Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Looks promising for Alexis then. Just imagine the scouse meltdown when Sanchez picks Arsenal. ''You sell Suarez, we sign Alexis Sanchez, Alexis Sanchez, Alexis Sanchez'' :coma:

If we get him for £25m then we'll have had done a brilliant piece of business, wonder if Wenger would play him as a striker actually

What about a 2 striker partnership with Giroud

Although Giroud has really been abysmal at times this cup

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Getting Debuchy would be weird. Relative no age difference between him and Sagna and he's inferior to Sagna. Sagna is known to the club and has ability to cover at CB.

It suggest that the club is still functioning frugally in terms of wages. Surely overall, Debuchy would cost us more than giving Sagna 120k over 3 years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not that keen on Debuchy either but he is a pretty decent RB. I think he would suit the team a lot more than Sagna because of his attacking instincts, Sagna tended to stifle our attacks on the right flank by passing back or sideways instead of crossing. The Newcastle fans I know are disappointed at him leaving and they rate him quite highly, if he can do a good job defending in their **** system then he should have little problem in Arsenal's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips)
    I'm not that keen on Debuchy either but he is a pretty decent RB. I think he would suit the team a lot more than Sagna because of his attacking instincts, Sagna tended to stifle our attacks on the right flank by passing back or sideways instead of crossing. The Newcastle fans I know are disappointed at him leaving and they rate him quite highly, if he can do a good job defending in their **** system then he should have little problem in Arsenal's.

I think Sagna had some good crosses last season but what with Giroud being in the box...

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    dont get me gassed lol

ReputationRep:
    Inb4 Chelsea buy Sanchez

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Liverpool are offering Alexis 150k a week, topping our offer of 135k.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    calm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    dont get me gassed lol
    No need to he's not joining us anyway...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PGtips)
    Tbf we should have given Sagna what he wanted instead signing Debuchy. I don't like the idea of sacrificing our defensive stability for the sake of a few good crosses. In Sagna we've lost a player that has already gelled with the team, has more Prem experience and our 4th choice CB. Keeping Sagna would have still allowed Jenks to develop. Given Sagna waht he wantyed would still have been cheaper than Debuchytransfer fee and wages for 3 years

But if Debuchy can provide the same competence in defence Sagna has plus some more attacking thrust I have no complaints. I just have to wait to see him play for Arsenal before making a judgement. It much better to have best defensive record in the league than the attacking record. Proof ?

Dat collapse :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Inb4 Chelsea buy Sanchez
    I wouldn't even be surprised at this point. Jose man...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam278)
    Inb4 Chelsea buy Sanchez
    Possibility. Would be sickening. Proper.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    It better to have best defensive record in the league than the attacking record. Proof
    Well, I got some stats from statto, taking into the top 3 teams for each year and there position.

2013/14
    Spoiler:
    Show

Top 3 attacking
    Man City, scored 102 goals
    Liverpool, scored 101 goals
    Chelsea scored 71 goals
    Finished 1,2 and 3 respectively
    Top 3 defensively (goals conceded)
    Chelsea, 27
    Man city, 37
    Everton, 39
    Finished 3, 1 and 5 respectively

2012/13
    Spoiler:
    Show

Top 3 attacking, goals scored
    Manchester Utd, 86
    Chelsea, 75
    Arsenal, 72
    Finished 1, 3 and 4 respectively
    Top 3 defensively, goals defensively
    Man city, 34
    Arsenal, 37
    Chelsea, 39
    Finished 2,4 and 3 respectively

2011/12
    Spoiler:
    Show

Top 3 attacking, goals scored
    Man city, 93
    Manchester Utd, 89
    Arsenal, 74
    Finished 1,2 and 3 respectively
    Top 3 defensively, goals defensively
    Man city, 29
    Manchester Utd, 33
    Everton/ Liverpool, 40
    Finished 1,2 and 7/8 respectively

Both show a trend of finishing in the top 3 attacking or defensively will lead to a top 3 finish. However, finishing in top 3 of goals scored led to a similar finish in the final table, while in 2011/12 the team who conceded the third least goals, I.e. Everton/Liverpool finished 7 & 8 respectively.

ReputationRep:
    If you guys get Sanchez that's a huge statement tbh. Could still do with a RB, CB, DM and ST though.

Also baconbutty is not a troll. If you read his posts objectively he's probably in top 5 posters in terms of knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)
    If you guys get Sanchez that's a huge statement tbh. Could still do with a RB, CB, DM and ST though.

Also baconbutty is not a troll. If you read his posts objectively he's probably in top 5 posters in terms of knowledge.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well Sanchez and Debuchy is a decent start, plus a DM and then backup CB/GK and we'll be laughing.

He started off very trolly in his posts though, better now I will admit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pete_91)
    Well Sanchez and Debuchy is a decent start, plus a DM and then backup CB/GK and we'll be laughing.

I'm scared that Wenger is waking up in the market if Madrid really are in for Falcao and you get Benzema.... Think your a dead cert for top 4 anyway. Your the best flat-track bullies in the league so your more likely to win the league than drop out of top 4, tbh once you get a midfield general and a clinical striker you'll start to win big games which is all your lacking.

Yeah I've noticed that, nowadays he speaks more sense though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:

I don't think signing Sanchez will stop Wenger buying a striker. Someone not too pricey like Remy maybe.

Glad he's not going to Liverpool. They're going to be put back in their place next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I don't think signing Sanchez will stop Wenger buying a striker. Someone not too pricey like Remy maybe.

Glad he's not going to Liverpool. They're going to be put back in their place next season.

I'd take Remy in a heartbeat (if we got Sanchez) because of Girouds recent performances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Definitely not an Arsenal fan though, or if he is then he's a pure masochist. One thing being unhappy with the direction of the the club, quite bizarre to relish in it's failings and belittle it at every opportunity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FKLW)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You finished exams now ini.

Baconbutty knows his stuff personally. May seem that he's a bit cynical about his own club but he generally has things spot on and puts thought into his posts.

I reckon Newcastle will ask for too much.

I find it weird that you guys tried to buy Cabaye for 10M as well, that's ridiculous personally.

He's not actually trolled people, generally his posts are highly objective but people refuse to see his points without bias because they think he has an agenda against them.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.