Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    You would usually have two interviews at your chosen college after which they tell you if you have an interview at a third college (this could be for a variety of reasons so don't overthink it if you do/do not receive a third interview)-this describes the typical scenario

I'm actually a first year historian at Oxford (so yes, I am for History :P)

Hope this helps. If you have any more questions let me know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttime)
    Why does a mock exam occupy your time? Its a mock, whilst the interview very much isn't - you need to prioritize what's important.
    Try telling that to someone's teachers and school. Don't know why someone wanting to do well in their mocks bothers you so much anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    ah awesome. that's not a bad idea
    Cool, i'll pm you when i find out the times of my interview

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody heard anything from lady margaret hall for psychology and philosophy? I haven't heard from them yet so I'm a bit worried.

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to be in Oxford today? I feel like I'm the only one..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kitttsy)
    What subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SKDhaliwal)
    When/where is your interview?
    St Peter's - Wednesday to Friday :-)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Straypixels)
    Try telling that to someone's teachers and school. Don't know why someone wanting to do well in their mocks bothers you so much anyway
    By the time I was in sixth form I knew how I studied and was mature enough to set my own priorities and make my own decisions.

I was offering advice. He can do what he wants. Obviously.

ReputationRep:
    I am! Heading down in a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,
    I have a question regarding the overnight stay at the Oxford college. Is it compulsory to stay there overnight or can you drive back home and come back the next morning? I live in London so Oxford is a two hour car ride away. I want to stay there but my parents are just asking if it is compulsory

ReputationRep:
    Tell your parents it's compulsory and enjoy your time there.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm here now. Arrived yesterday, at St Catz, for biochem

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluv)
    Hi guys,
    I have a question regarding the overnight stay at the Oxford college. Is it compulsory to stay there overnight or can you drive back home and come back the next morning? I live in London so Oxford is a two hour car ride away. I want to stay there but my parents are just asking if it is compulsory
    I'm from London too and I'm heading up the day before even though the train is only 40 minutes haha. Just wanna make sure I get a good nice sleep before my interview tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oxyfrost)
    I'm here now. Arrived yesterday, at St Catz, for biochem
    I'm going to be in trinity, should be arriving in an hour or so for philosophy and theology

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iluv)
    Hi guys,
    I think there's more potential for things to go wrong if you go home. The colleges are really safe places. You will be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eux)
    What subject?
    Philosophy and theology at trinity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bcmh)
    I am! Heading down in a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which college/ subject?

ReputationRep:
    Philosophy and theology at trinity
    Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by binnsm)
    Yeah!! Law, what about you?
    Hi I've got one at Trinity for law! which college are you placed at?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MaxReid)
    9th-11th. Trinity College (:
    Hiii, I have an interview at Trinity on the same dates too! I assume you're a law applicant too? Yayayay!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.