The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Today is not a good day- stayed up until 4:30 and managed to consume more than the WHO's recommended weekly units. Not bright.
Reply 922
Original post by visesh
You might recognise a couple of faces here :eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00yb30f

One of those is one of my current dems XD

Original post by Fission_Mailed
Today is not a good day- stayed up until 4:30 and managed to consume more than the WHO's recommended weekly units. Not bright.

I would just write this day off and start again tmrw!
Original post by Fission_Mailed

Pah, that's nothing unusual! :p:
Omg, I'm such a tool.

What part of me thought doing a systematic review was a good idea for my BSc project?

ARGHHHH I have two 500 word books in front of me on how to do them.

This is either going to be my finest moment or utter failure :p:
Reply 925
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Does this help at all? :dontknow:

why did I say reference ranges :colondollar:?! i meant confidence intervals. i think it was late and this essay got the better of me. I did have a look at that diagram, though. looks complicated at first but it nicely puts them all together. thanks :smile:
Reply 926
Original post by Philosoraptor
Omg, I'm such a tool.

What part of me thought doing a systematic review was a good idea for my BSc project?

make it the former!

what are you systematically reviewing?
2 down, 1 to go. Then I have 4 beautiful days off...
Original post by malaz_197
make it the former!

what are you systematically reviewing?

Uh I don't think its allowed for me to spill right now but it's on general surgery.

Scary times as my supervisor wants it at Cochrane review standard :s-smilie:
Reply 929
Is it strange that I'm no longer utterly repulsed by 'positive predicted values', 'specificity' and 'likelihood ratios'? It's quite interesting. Having said that, I'm still pretty useless at understanding any of it.
Reply 930
Omg, I'm such a tool.

Never fear, help is at hand. How could this not be useful for you?!?
Reply 931
Uh I don't think its allowed for me to spill right now but it's on general surgery.

oh dear! my suggestion is that you look at something obscure with like 5 studies on it :couchpotato: lazy times

One of the BSc projects offered here is a systematic review, and they've even put the Cochrane Review bit in the title so no-one's in any doubt what it involves!

I don't know if my iBSc application ever made it to Barts... I should ring, but I don't like getting bad news. :dontknow:
Original post by Becca-Sarah
One of the BSc projects offered here is a systematic review, and they've even put the Cochrane Review bit in the title so no-one's in any doubt what it involves!

I don't know if my iBSc application ever made it to Barts... I should ring, but I don't like getting bad news. :dontknow:

It's suicidal haha - only the Gunners do these. I'm not one.

Oops.
Reply 934
Determined to change life for the better starting tomorrow. Namely using days off for good use, not 'sleep'. Though can sleep technically be classed as good use? :beard:

Wish I had motivation to make self work 9-5 every day. Rather than sporadically when I have the motivation/energy. Eg, 23:45. Why now am I suddenly interested in immunology when I have done bugger all all day?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by lekky
Determined to change life for the better starting tomorrow. Namely using days off for good use, not 'sleep'. Though can sleep technically be classed as good use? :beard:

Wish I had motivation to make self work 9-5 every day.

Sleep is definitely good :yes: Though I somewhat overdosed on it this morning and slept until my flatmate started knocking on my door telling me it was time to leave for uni! Fine on a lecture day, less good when I had a presentation to give :facepalm:
Reply 936
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Sleep is definitely good :yes: Though I somewhat overdosed on it this morning and slept until my flatmate started knocking on my door telling me it was time to leave for uni! Fine on a lecture day, less good when I had a presentation to give :facepalm:

Aha, better than me, managed to set my alarm for 8pm rather than 8am and slept clean through my clinical skills this morning.. :redface: :redface: :redface:

How was the presentation?
I don't mind public speaking, its just I get nervous, so my voice shakes a bit, even know I don't actually mind... it's bizarre and annoying.
Original post by lekky
Aha, better than me, managed to set my alarm for 8pm rather than 8am and slept clean through my clinical skills this morning.. :redface: :redface: :redface:

How was the presentation?
I don't mind public speaking, its just I get nervous, so my voice shakes a bit, even know I don't actually mind... it's bizarre and annoying.

It was really weird.... I used to hate public speaking, so I have a massive supply of beta blockers for things like this, but I took them today at a far lower dose than usual, had no anxiety symptoms and kept noticing my mind wander off and then go "OMG I'm talking to a group of people!" and then wander off again. Thankfully my mouth works independently from my brain :rolleyes: Won't find out the results (tis 20% of a module) til end of March cos it's tied in with an essay we wrote which has to wait for external examiner people to validate the results.
I've slept 5 hours since the weekend. Don't feel well.
Does anyone else find that NHS sinks in the accomodation or in toilets are either stupidly scalding hot or freezing cold? Or is it just East Anglia?

Latest

Trending

Trending