Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mdeza1
That's awesome. Are you stayin there?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Noo I'm staying at home!:smile: but they shown us pictures of the inside, and shown us the outside of the building, looks really nice!:smile: I think it's the newest one?
Got a biiig restaurant in the bottom of it for any of the students to use as well!
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by James1054
Aye, in the same boat as you. Been put in Morton House in Carnatic and on a waiting list to change accommodation. Has anyone heard back from Liverpool since or is this a waste of time?? :confused:

Original post by Ashleigh1993
Im the same, been put in Morton House and also on a waiting list but not heard back as yet :frown:

I heard back, they offered me vine court self-catered. Since that is way more expensive than catered accommodation and I'm only entitled to the non-means tested loan, I stuck with Salisbury but asked them to keep me on the waiting list.
Reply 922
Ive not seen Morton House, ive only seen Greenbank accommodation and that was really nice, only seen pictures of Morton House on the liverpool uni website unfortunately :/ Im hoping it will be quite nice but will have to see i guess :smile: Do you know when we get our room numbers?

No idea when we get room numbers supposed to be soon. I've seen that people have already got their room numbers for some of the accommodation on campus. Are you getting a freshers wrist band befor you leave for Liverpool ???
Original post by tasha9
No idea when we get room numbers supposed to be soon. I've seen that people have already got their room numbers for some of the accommodation on campus. Are you getting a freshers wrist band befor you leave for Liverpool ???

Okayy :smile: Im not sure really, are you getting one?
Reply 924
Original post by CherryCats
I heard back, they offered me vine court self-catered. Since that is way more expensive than catered accommodation and I'm only entitled to the non-means tested loan, I stuck with Salisbury but asked them to keep me on the waiting list.

Self catered in Vine Court is more expensive than catered, really?! The room you were offered must have been huge, they offered me a catered room at Vine Court yesterday at £164 a week - no way I was going to accept that. Waiting to see what they come up with in the next few days....
Self catered in Vine Court is more expensive than catered, really?! The room you were offered must have been huge, they offered me a catered room at Vine Court yesterday at £164 a week - no way I was going to accept that. Waiting to see what they come up with in the next few days....

yup from £119 catered off campus to £125 vine court.. i was like no thanks! They called me again offering Melville grove, which was originally my third choice but I want to be somewhere social so may stay off campus since i know absolutely no one in liverpool!
Reply 926
yup from £119 catered off campus to £125 vine court.. i was like no thanks! They called me again offering Melville grove, which was originally my third choice but I want to be somewhere social so may stay off campus since i know absolutely no one in liverpool!

Tbh, all student accommodation will be social whether on or off campus, but like you said, the prices are just ridiculous. :s-smilie:
Reply 927
how did you all hear back with an offer i sent my email straight after monday 9:00 a week ago yet havent heard anything back
Reply 928
Original post by drraccoon
how did you all hear back with an offer i sent my email straight after monday 9:00 a week ago yet havent heard anything back

They will call you from either your house phone or mobile phone - keep an ear out. :smile:
Tbh, all student accommodation will be social whether on or off campus, but like you said, the prices are just ridiculous. :s-smilie:

Original post by drraccoon

I sent an email at that time too and I called at 9:00 on the Tuesday after because I didn't receive confirmation. Turns out I missed out on Melville grove but I accepted self-catered at Derby and Rathbone :biggrin: yay! hope fully you get what you want too :smile:
Reply 930
Okayy :smile: Im not sure really, are you getting one?

Wanted to get one as I really want to go to the welcome ball and if i do i won't have to worry about finding as much money to go out with once I'm there
Original post by tasha9
Wanted to get one as I really want to go to the welcome ball and if i do i won't have to worry about finding as much money to go out with once I'm there

What's this about wristbands and balls!? Where are you getting your info from? I

Original post by Pomppufiilis
What's this about wristbands and balls!? Where are you getting your info from? I

Freshers.. Everyone got a leaflet in the post & it's been the topic of conversation in Liverpool uni threads for a few weeks:smile:
Original post by laurennmc
Freshers.. Everyone got a leaflet in the post & it's been the topic of conversation in Liverpool uni threads for a few weeks:smile:

Damnit! I have to wait to go home to get it then and read the threads. I'm rather far behind in my University planning!

I sent an email at that time too and I called at 9:00 on the Tuesday after because I didn't receive confirmation. Turns out I missed out on Melville grove but I accepted self-catered at Derby and Rathbone :biggrin: yay! hope fully you get what you want too :smile:

(After having Dale taken from me) I missed out on D&R, instead getting Melville Grove S/Catered. Let me know if you want to swap :wink:
I sent an email at like 5 past 9 on the Monday where we were supposed to email and still haven't heard anything! Anyone else still waiting?

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
Original post by Ardinator
(After having Dale taken from me) I missed out on D&R, instead getting Melville Grove S/Catered. Let me know if you want to swap :wink:

:zomg: omg, don't even offer! i am sooo indecisive, that choice will keep me awake! i think melville is right next to the management building but d&r was my first choice :s-smilie: think ill stick and avoid stress!
Original post by tasha9

Yeah thats true :smile: I might get one once im there :smile:
Been offered self-catered en-suite at Vine Court but the agreement/contract doesnt state the price for the whole year! does anyone know?? x
Reply 939
Original post by Sugartoffee
Been offered self-catered en-suite at Vine Court but the agreement/contract doesnt state the price for the whole year! does anyone know?? x

I think its the second email they would of sent you when they offered you, but there is a email which opens up in a PDF, it contains a link "http://wlspi.liv.ac.uk/pls/spi/twbkwbis.P_WWWLogin" put your student ID in, and your pin and then click on review my offer and it'll state your yearly price.

My friend got an offer from vine court, self caterd and ensuit and they stated the price was £5008 for the year IIRC.

Quick Reply

Latest