The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dmz
Yer, like i don't really want to be coming back at 11pm and even then chance missing the bus :sigh: it's not worth thinking about anymore

BUUUUUTTTT... as some have said, it's cheap to get a taxi back and it's not actually that far from the centre of Leeds :tongue: dammit... I just don't know.... :s-smilie:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 921
Original post by lauramunday
I really liked the common room, really nice social and spacious

have you actually been there?
Reply 922
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
BUUUUUTTTT... as some have said, it's cheap to get a taxi back and it's not actually that far from the centre of Leeds :tongue: dammit... I just don't know.... :s-smilie:

Yea it's literally 20mins walk apparently, 30 from the uni. If JB wasn't oversubscribed I'd go with it. Or if CD was brought closer or late buses
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
Makes me lean back towards CD and away from The Tannery :s-smilie: thank you for that! Wish I'd been able to see more of them...

everyones opinions are different, from what i saw of the tannery it was clean, bright, airy, sociable, big rooms, clean en suites amazing, best accomodation by far, and a good price!
Original post by dmz
have you actually been there?

Yes i looked round loads on saturday
Reply 925
everyones opinions are different, from what i saw of the tannery it was clean, bright, airy, sociable, big rooms, clean en suites amazing, best accomodation by far, and a good price!

it is. I was disappointed at CD on arrival but the bar was so good. But it's all down to opinion and taste like it'd be last resort for me to go to dev (no offence to anyone)

My priority in order :
Clean and new looking (at the risk of sounding gay)

socializing, which usually has to do with location, cos it's 10mins from town (clubs)

being able to get everywhere easily (bus).

I really don't mind size, not a fan of big empty spaces. Where else did you go? And if you had to pick somewhere else where would it be?
Original post by dmz
it is. I was disappointed at CD on arrival but the bar was so good. But it's all down to opinion and taste like it'd be last resort for me to go to dev (no offence to anyone)

My priority in order :
Clean and new looking (at the risk of sounding gay)

socializing, which usually has to do with location, cos it's 10mins from town (clubs)

being able to get everywhere easily (bus).

I really don't mind size, not a fan of big empty spaces. Where else did you go? And if you had to pick somewhere else where would it be?

I liked Tannery James Bailie and Devonshire but decided the latter two were too popular and i had more chance of getting into tannery, it was also more modern, double beds and en suite
Reply 927
I liked Tannery James Bailie and Devonshire but decided the latter two were too popular and i had more chance of getting into tannery, it was also more modern, double beds and en suite

What did you like about the other two? Sorry for the interogation, i just wanna have an idea if our tastes are similar in any way
Reply 928
Original post by Mother2
Her top 3 were CD, JB and Devonshire. She ought to speak for herself really but I think she liked CD but not the location and liked the Headingley location a lot.

I absolutely love your display name, legend!
Btw you all know that the "4ft double beds" aren't standard double beds right - they're more like 1 and a half since the standard double beds are 6ft, just letting you all know cause you all keep going on about them!
well i liked the social aspects of dev and the grassy areas and james bailie it was modern, social and had en suite that was clean and ample size, same as tannery :smile:
Original post by Nicknak256
Btw you all know that the "4ft double beds" aren't standard double beds right - they're more like 1 and a half since the standard double beds are 6ft, just letting you all know cause you all keep going on about them!

yeah they are the 3/4 double beds but tbh they are still fairly big, fits two people comfortably :smile:
yeah they are the 3/4 double beds but tbh they are still fairly big, fits two people comfortably :smile:

Honestly i think that's stretching it :tongue: (it's the same size bed i have at the moment) but i'm not complaining - much better than a single! :biggrin:
Reply 933
tannery it is.

Original post by dmz
tannery it is.

Oh I'm sorry if I've made this decision harder for you!
You will have a great time wherever you go, don't worry too much!
The Tannery is close, has nice rooms, and double beds
Sorted
Reply 935
did anyone visit concept place or the plaza?
Original post by tobiii
did anyone visit concept place or the plaza?

Doubtful, they're not Uni of Leeds halls, they're private, so don't think they'll have been available for tours on the open day.
Reply 937
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Medicine-lite? :colonhash: I think I'm going to borrow your notes if we don't learn enough micro and macroscopically. :tongue:

As much as I like chips, gravy I'm not a fan of

This part of your post means that you will NOT be borrowing my notes. :unimpressed::upyours:

By that I mean I swear half of the Medical Sciences students are people who couldn't get into medicine. :biggrin:
Reply 938
Original post by dmz
Yea it's literally 20mins walk apparently, 30 from the uni. If JB wasn't oversubscribed I'd go with it. Or if CD was brought closer or late buses

Why not go Bodington? It's 20 minute bus ride that goes on till half 2, 3 on weekends, I think. Roughly those times anyway.

That's where I reckon I'm applying for.
Original post by - Major -
Ofc i would, i looked at it, i was like "is that leeds?" then it hit me syltherin ( my fav house in Harry Potter )
Mayn my photoshopping skills are no way as near as cool as that to make one :frown:
Oh the course is also changed to MChD this year. Can't hurt to get a masters i guess :P

Mine also! Who wouldn't want to do dissections (or extract teeth and fill root canals in your case) in a dungeon?
Aha, MChD it is! I PM'd you a few things. I can alter them if you like. But I reckon the masters will come in handy. :wink:

Latest