KPMG School Leavers Scheme - One question for people with experience? Watch

Rochakk
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by 118fearless)
I received this email on Monday. Is anyone on this stage?

Thank you for the time and effort you have committed to applying to KPMG. We are pleased to say that you have been successful in completing your Situational Judgement Tests. Your achievements to date are most impressive and we are very interested in taking your application further.

Your application has now been forwarded on to our University Partners for screening. Please note that this can take up to five working days to complete and we will be in touch with you after our University Partner has completed their screening.
What was the SJT test like?
beide
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

I have found this wonderful site just seconds ago. Although I am from Germany, I am applying for the School Leavers' Programme. I passed the SJT and the verbal/numerical test. I am invited to a face-to-face. Do you know what questions will come up next? I am going to have a face to face interview and an analysis exercise. Did anyone finish this stage and can tell sth about the written exercise? I am really thankful for the the information for the face to face interview
SnikeAE
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by eleanor.)
Hey,

Just thought I'd put a quick thing up as a current School Leaver. I'm on the Exeter course and based in Canary Wharf. To the person who asked if they can move office, it is really difficult and only happens under extenuating circumstances. To those worried about not having info through yet, it took them a while to send us details, so don't panic!
For those with offers, you should all get a buddy who may or may not be a school leaver, (they're trying to match as many people up), but there are plenty of us to answer any questions you might have
Give me a shout if you've got anything your desperate to know, I know this time last year was really nerve-wracking so don't feel bad about asking me any questions!

Elle x
Hi, I hope you don't mind me contacting you as I see you joined last year. I have been offered a place on the 2013 Program, to study at Exeter & work in Reading. What I am concerned about is how you cope with going straight from Uni to work at the end of a term, and then vice versa at the start of the next term? Do you find there is enough time during the term at Exeter to get all your coursework done, or are you still doing that whilst you're working?

I know it's an amazing offer, but I am a bit worried about how it works out studying part-time and working. if you could offer any advice, I'd be extremely grateful, please. You can private message me if you would prefer.

Thank you.
eleanor.
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by SnikeAE)
Hi, I hope you don't mind me contacting you as I see you joined last year. I have been offered a place on the 2013 Program, to study at Exeter & work in Reading. What I am concerned about is how you cope with going straight from Uni to work at the end of a term, and then vice versa at the start of the next term? Do you find there is enough time during the term at Exeter to get all your coursework done, or are you still doing that whilst you're working?

I know it's an amazing offer, but I am a bit worried about how it works out studying part-time and working. if you could offer any advice, I'd be extremely grateful, please. You can private message me if you would prefer.

Thank you.

Hi!

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while.

So, first year you'll go to uni for the first 3 months (specifically Exeter), and then finish before Christmas. At this point you're very much like a normal uni student and will have the holidays to revise for your January exams. (You may have to use a couple of days of your holiday time up but seeing as you can't carry it over it's not an issue). Come January you'll sit your exams and go back to uni. Second term is more bespoke and the lectures are just with the 40 people on your course, so although the term is shorter you get more concentrated time with the people teacher.

Undoubtedly the course is intense and you are expected to be at every lecture and tutorial, some of which will be registered. Equally, you won't have the usual university holiday time, as your annual leave entitlement is the same as everyone else in the firm (5 weeks, with two extra weeks that can be bought).

At first the transition from university to work is tough, but as you'll be joining in the third year of the course Exeter have adapted the workload to fit around the time you have available. You won't have to do university work whilst you're at 'proper' work, other than a bit of reading if you want to stay on the ball.

Another thing I would say that is worth considering are the opportunities that will be available once you have completed the course. At 24 you'll be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant with a degree from a good university and 6 years (on and off) work experience. You are thrown in the deep end but this will give you a major advantage compared to your peers who will have high student debts and are looking for work in a struggling market.

It's not an easy route but it's definitely worth it!

Hope that's helpful

Elle
SnikeAE
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by eleanor.)
Hi!

Sorry, I haven't been on here for a while.

So, first year you'll go to uni for the first 3 months (specifically Exeter), and then finish before Christmas. At this point you're very much like a normal uni student and will have the holidays to revise for your January exams. (You may have to use a couple of days of your holiday time up but seeing as you can't carry it over it's not an issue). Come January you'll sit your exams and go back to uni. Second term is more bespoke and the lectures are just with the 40 people on your course, so although the term is shorter you get more concentrated time with the people teacher.

Undoubtedly the course is intense and you are expected to be at every lecture and tutorial, some of which will be registered. Equally, you won't have the usual university holiday time, as your annual leave entitlement is the same as everyone else in the firm (5 weeks, with two extra weeks that can be bought).

At first the transition from university to work is tough, but as you'll be joining in the third year of the course Exeter have adapted the workload to fit around the time you have available. You won't have to do university work whilst you're at 'proper' work, other than a bit of reading if you want to stay on the ball.

Another thing I would say that is worth considering are the opportunities that will be available once you have completed the course. At 24 you'll be a fully qualified Chartered Accountant with a degree from a good university and 6 years (on and off) work experience. You are thrown in the deep end but this will give you a major advantage compared to your peers who will have high student debts and are looking for work in a struggling market.

It's not an easy route but it's definitely worth it!

Hope that's helpful

Elle
Hi Elle,

Thank you so much - yes, this is really helpful, especially to hear it from somebody who is already going through it, too.
Robbiie11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by mitul_10)
Hey guys jus had my final interview just waiting for a reply really scared lol :/ if you have any questions/worries just message me! I applied Bham/Bham btw!
Hey, ive got my final interview for birmingham/birmingham next week any tips?
rugbybeast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So anyone starting year 13 interested in the scheme?
solybader
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by rugbybeast)
So anyone starting year 13 interested in the scheme?
I am interested can u give me any tips
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (84)
46.41%
Pro-humanity (97)
53.59%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise