??????????????????
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
Does this gif work for anyone?

Sometimes they don't animate when uploaded, for some reason :|
Yeah River splashing into swimming pool! Nah it just pretty buildings.
greeneyedgirl
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Indeed. I find him very attractive
Although I've always known glasses were cool love my glasses!
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I genuinely have no idea.

You're right when you say that there is so much stuff going on, that there are so many theories that can be probable. That was probably deliberate. If you get the typical linear opener and the small references (Series 2 - Torchwood, Series 3 - Saxon) then you can begin to speculate what Torchwood is and who Saxon is. Even in Series 5, it opened with the cracks (one string of speculation) and it wasn't until the Angels two parter where we got another wave of speculation about Future Doctors.

Here we have, in the first two episodes alone

1. Silence Will Fall
  2. Silents' ships/clone TARDIS
  3. Orphanage with Madame Kovarian - dream dialogue
  4. Little girl
  5. Future Doctor dead
  6. More River Song mystery
  7. Pregnancy
  8. Regeneration

Where do you begin?

I definitely think that if the girl is able to regenerate (which she has) that her regeneration ability comes from being in the womb of someone travelling in time, or being injected with some Time Lord DNA or something of the sort. That's my theory on that anyway. :moon:
Agree with all of that. The thing is with Doctor Who is that it's always the little things that are the most important, like Madame Kovarian in the orphanage (sorry to sound a bit thick, but who is she anyway?).

I was also thinking earlier... that's twice now River Song has taken a leap into the Tardis. She must be brave!
Gemini92
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I've uploaded it a few times, and resaved it... Meh. Forget about that then. No diving River gif
I had a look on Google and found a black and white gif of River diving into the TARDIS.

Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Also, in all this speculation, we've completely missed the most important thing about episode 2..... Matt Smith with a beard!?
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemini92)
I had a look on Google and found a black and white gif of River diving into the TARDIS.

I like my one, 'cause I colour graded it to look pretty
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
Also, in all this speculation, we've completely missed the most important thing about episode 2..... Matt Smith with a beard!?
Meh, it was a fake beard. And Rory's glasses were more important!
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:getmefez :

Okay so he also gets a Stetson...but closest I've found so far...
TheCrackInTime
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by greeneyedgirl)
:getmefez :

Okay so he also gets a Stetson...but closest I've found so far...
WIN!
??????????????????
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm making a coloured GIF of the River dive if you want.
Also, Amy's pregnancy. 3 months after she declares she is pregant the episode takes place. Then 6 months later the child is there. 9 months. o.O
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Meh, it was a fake beard. And Rory's glasses were more important!
Yeah, I gathered that. I rather meant "The Doctor with a beard," but typed Matt Smith instead. In all those trailers for the second series I was trying to work out who the hell that bearded guy was!! :rolleyes:

And agreed, Rory + Glasses = hello.
Rascacielos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ??????????????????)
I'm making a coloured GIF of the River dive if you want.
Also, Amy's pregnancy. 3 months after she declares she is pregant the episode takes place. Then 6 months later the child is there. 9 months. o.O
Another good point! I'm going to be hugely disappointed if it's something so straight forward as Amy's child though, which has regenerative (?) powers because of time travel. :cool:
Mr.Messy
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is actually quite funny:
If the Silence have the technology to hack into any broadcast/communications device (like in the space suit) in the world then what's to stop them from releasing a new broadcast of them saying "You should give us cake on sight."
:teeth::tardis:
humy369
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I go away for 2 weeks and theres over a hundred pages to read :eek:

Well i finished reading the pages on the first thread but i give up :ashamed2: theres too many.

On another note, :bban: Doctor Who is back!

I dont know if this has been mentioned but my theory is that the girl is Rory's baby and she can regenerate because Amy spent her pregnancy in the TARDIS. All that time travel must do somthing to a growing foetus.
squareroot1764
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I personally think that the romance between the Doctor and River as pretty creepy. He has no choice about it, because if he doesn't go along with River horrible time paradoxes will ensue, like if she never learns how to pilot the TARDIS. I'd hate it if I met someone, they treat me like we're "meant to be" from the moment I met them, and then started telling me that I have to go along with it now because it's already written in this book, and I have no choice in the matter. I think that River is pretty awesome as a character, but this romance thing I really don't like.

And people moaning about Rose moping after the Doctor, seriously did you see series 3? The Doctor is way more clingy, he even draw fanart of Rose. Rose actually got on with stuff and made her way through to another universe, without a TARDIS or anything
??????????????????
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Here you go.
greeneyedgirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ??????????????????)

Here you go.
There's no splash...
dirtyoldriver
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"I have the strangest feeling she'll find us"

Perhaps because...for want of a better phrase, she is growing inside Amy? and thus inescapable as long as Amy is with them.

Can't imagine Doctor Who featuring a birth though. Sophisticated as the TARDIS is, I doubt it possesses a maternity ward. Though, you never know :holmes:
kopite493
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
Overnight (not final) ratings for Day of the Moon.

5.4 million 30.5%

Conclusion? Revise the ****ing timeslot and stop trying to bump up your other crap shows.

Also things picked up whilst watching it again:

• The girl's dialogue implies that this isn't the first time she has regenerated.
  • The Future Doctor said he had been running. The Current Doctor chooses to run off to adventures instead of finding the little girl. He says you only live once. I think he knows.
  • I have the strangest feeling she'll find us.

the doctor has always said hes running i'm sure it has more to do with feeling guilty and his time as a member of the deca than this little girl
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.66%
No - but I will (103)
7.73%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (637)
47.79%

Watched Threads