Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    People! I got my ATAS today!! and I applied 24/07/2013!

Please email ATAS after 20 working days and send forward that email to your university and ask them to help! this worked for me!

wish you guys all the luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sky Blue)
    Dear Rising_sun
    Thank you for your kind help
    The research proposal is too long (2 papers )
    It OK to attach it as it is or I should contact my supervisor to send only 5 sentences?
    2 pages is too long...they have a word limit on the proposal.its around 240 words. So you need to make it short.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sky Blue)
    Hi all
    If I amend my application, does that affect on the processing time of my application.
    Does that mean I will wait another 5-6 weeks.
    Anyone have the same issue:confused:
    It is better to send it now and wait rather than they asking you and then you sending it.

I don't think it will affect much if you send now.

Not sure about it so I would say ask your uni for next steps.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Waiting for ATAS. Applied on 25th July

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zenab321)
    Waiting for ATAS. Applied on 25th July
    M waiting since 28th June :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Brisingr)
    Its almost time for you to get it.... I guess you will get it in this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rising_Sun)
    Its almost time for you to get it.... I guess you will get it in this week.
    ya..hope so...

ReputationRep:
    Got a mail today saying my application has been amended and is marked as priority. Does that mean much that it's marked as priority or do they just say that to everyone? I really need it by this week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llptch)
    Got a mail today saying my application has been amended and is marked as priority. Does that mean much that it's marked as priority or do they just say that to everyone? I really need it by this week.
    when did you applied for ATAS? and you mailed ATAS team to set your application on priority or your university e-mailed them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by llptch)
    Well I can say that its not normal to get such a mail, I think your Uni is helping you in getting it in time.
    Thats a good sign so you can assume you can get it in this week

ReputationRep:
    And the week begins in earnest ending in disappoinment as usual as ATAS continues to ignore our requests/pleas/desperate mails..

I hear poets are on the wane.. anybody care to join me to change your life ambitions and become poets ?
    :banghead:
    :blah:

ReputationRep:
    I got the mail reply from ATAS team on 20th Aug for my forth email sent to them.

"We regret the delay. Your application was submitted successfully and we are processing this as a matter of priority. A decision can be expected within two weeks. Please alert your university and ask them to contact us if you have still not received an answer by this time. "

This is truely -----

I applied on 9th July.

ReputationRep:
    thats good to know... so my suggestion would be dont wait for 2 weeks, mail your Uni right away and ask them to contact them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Brisingr)
    is it MSC or PHD, pls let us know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rising_Sun)
    thats good to know... so my suggestion would be dont wait for 2 weeks, mail your Uni right away and ask them to contact them.
    In fact I contacted the University in parallel and they intially regretted in provided any assitance and asked me to contact directly with ATAS team.

Then about 3 weeks back they asked me to provide application details. After that they only informed me that your application is in process.

Now I am expecting that stressful period is about to finish.

ReputationRep:
    when did you applied for ATAS? and you mailed ATAS team to set your application on priority or your university e-mailed them
    I applied on July 17th. Contacted both my uni and ATAS when I didn't hear anything after 20 working days. ATAS notified me on 21st August that I have to enter my referees initials, and my uni mailed me the same. I assume it was my uni which asked ATAS to make it as a priority, and I'd be so glad if I get a response soon.

I had to change a referee on my application. One professor never replied to my emails asking for his full name (darn guy) so I thought I might as well just give someone else's details. I'm sure ATAS would have appreciated inputting all that info. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabson)
    is it MSC or PHD, pls let us know
    PhD at uni of lincoln...

ReputationRep:
    Applied on the 9th of July, still haven't heard from them, contacted uni too and they say there's nothing they can do..

ReputationRep:
    1. Is there anyone who have applied on or after 30th July 2013 and got ATAS so far?

2. Does it make any difference in terms of processing whether you are applying for an postgraduate taught
    course or PhD Research?

3. Is there any chance ATAS can contact referee's or does anybody know who's referee were contacted.

My university's immigration and admission office is finally happy to chase my ATAS application and raised a query that my application should processed in fast track as my visa is going to expire. Fingers crossed :afraid:

ReputationRep:
    Hi Zenab321,

I am also from Pakistan and I have applied on 30th July 2013 ( 31st was ist working day for my application).

Please do let me know when you get a certificate it helps to build confidence I am loosing hope by looking at timeframes pakistani's applicants are going through.

Hy Zohaib i am also from Pakistan and waiting for ATAS but the thing is i am very late.. i applied on 27th July.. by seeing what you went through it means it can take around 2.5 month which means i can't go in this session i am soo worried for my ATAS certificate

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 3, 2018

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.