Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    To change the subject, could you tell me what do usually students wear during first day at the univ?(I mean the opening day). It's important for me as I don't know if I should take with myself suit or something like this...

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean the 9th/10th of September? If you mean this then i'm guessing just your normal casual clothes.

ReputationRep:
    And what about 18th or 19th of September?? Well, actually I am not familiar with Scottish system, but is there a day when all students wearing eg suits gather somewhere and there is some kind of opening speech etc... I'm asking just in case because I don't want to look like a dolt , you know what I mean...

ReputationRep:
    Everythings casual really.

As long as you don't appear in leather and chains...

ReputationRep:
    hi, here is more news on the international office website:

If you have applied for accommodation and you have not yet received an offer of a room, please do not worry. Accommodation Services are experiencing delays in sending offers out, but accommodation is being allocated. Offers will be going out very soon, but in the meantime please do not worry as if you have applied, we will have received your application, and be processing it.

We will update you on further changes as they arise, in the meantime please look at the Accommodation Services website for news updates.

so the international students' rooms are allocated? i wonder why it takes them so long to give out all the offers! i am sort of getting tired of checking my e-mail 24/7 !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pippa_87)
    Great! Thanks a lot.

*grumble* I want an accommodation reply. My mum's really bugging me about it ("I can't believe you haven't heard yet!!") and we're going abroad for two weeks on Friday!

Yeah I'm having driving lessons too. I don't like them. Test's booked on 6th Sept, two days before I leave for Edinburgh...
    'Ello (Says the random person who pops in every so often)

My driving test is booked on the 7th Sept. So scared I fail.

(Original post by maciek)
    To change the subject, could you tell me what do usually students wear during first day at the univ?(I mean the opening day). It's important for me as I don't know if I should take with myself suit or something like this...
    I really wouldn't wear a suit. I think I'll just dress up in my best casual clothes and do my hair nice.

Anyhow. See this accommodation thing - driving me up the wall. My other friends with unconditionals at other unis heard about accommodation ages ago. It's ridiculous. Some unis even go so far to ask you your preferences eg, living with tidy, quiet, outgoing etc people.

ReputationRep:
    I think they have allocated they just can't get the email-offer-accepting system to work yet. Maybe.

I hate Edinburgh with this 'give everyone a fair chance' thing. Glasgow's accom. situation is 'first come first served'.

I hate Edinburgh already. Argh.

ReputationRep:
    my mum called the accomodation servies people and the lady said that i will definately have my offer on either friday or monday. :mad: it is just not good enough.

how would they feel if we pay a little bit late? its a totally different story when they are being mucked about. :mad: :mad: :mad:

okay, i am babysitting on saturday, looking after five children from 7pm until 1am. what can i do to kepe them amused??? the age range is something like 2-10yrs old. ive never done babysitting before

ReputationRep:
    Well you have bedtime at 9ish? (I was in bed at 8pm as a kid.. but I guess times change...)

Just choose a DVD that everyone can enjoy... like Finding Nemo, The Incredibles etc etc. Fool proof.

ReputationRep:
    i love both of them! what a great idea!

and if i get sweets etc then they surely cant loose concentration on the film, i could blackmail them "no sweets if you are naughty..."...

but what if they become hyper???? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    I think they have allocated they just can't get the email-offer-accepting system to work yet. Maybe.

I hate Edinburgh with this 'give everyone a fair chance' thing. Glasgow's accom. situation is 'first come first served'.

HERE HERE.

ReputationRep:
    hi ppl,
    i have got a small question! i am wondering : has everyone, who has got UF, get their student card photo updated on the Myed portal? i sort of send that paperwork back two weeks ago but i haven't had my photo scanned onto the myed portal so i am kind of worried !

ReputationRep:
    I haven't either don't worry! And I sent mine away AAAAGES ago.
    So Carly will we know about accommodation this coming Friday??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yossarianlives)
    The Edinburgh division of the Thought Police will be kicking your door down in a dawn raid tomorrow following that remark. Speaking of which, our SQA results should be popping through our letter-boxes at around the same time.

I agree with your point, however. Edinburgh should have really issued offers for accommodation by now.

Perhaps we should invest in warm sleeping-bags and camping gear; the prospect of sleeping on the streets, due to Edin's incompetence, seems increasingly apparent.

ReputationRep:
    *hides diary*

ReputationRep:
    helloooo, hopefully comin up this september to do Architecture, though i'm one of the lesser people who gotsta wait til results day to see if i get in or not. shouldn't be a problem, just..u never know with psychology!

though i DO think its safe to add me to the society thingy. a least for confidence n that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil_chunky)
    hi ppl,
    i have got a small question! i am wondering : has everyone, who has got UF, get their student card photo updated on the Myed portal? i sort of send that paperwork back two weeks ago but i haven't had my photo scanned onto the myed portal so i am kind of worried !
    I didn't realise they were going on there, so I just checked and OH MY GOD!!! I look like a bloody criminal!

ReputationRep:
    What?! How come you got your photo on there?! I sent mine away AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGES ago. hmph... maybe it's too bad a photo lol.

ReputationRep:
    They obviously burnt my photo in a terrified hysteria....

I sent it in like April grr.

ReputationRep:
    i think that they are doing it by alphabetical order...

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.