Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    O_o

Mate you have issues...

I revised like 6hours a day last year, I'm doing very well and on track for 2 grade 1's in STEP I and II along with grades A*A*A

How am I ****ing stupid for revising more?
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    no social life

its more like 2-3hours these days
    you make it so easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Boots)
    you make it so easy.
    No social life = stupid?

Since when?

ReputationRep:
    you make it so easy.
    Why do you think no social life is a bad thing? If I enjoy studying maths rather than going to the pub, is that such a bad thing? Maybe it's not what you would want to do with your life, but thankfully we are all able to decide our own paths. Would you say the same thing to a professional athlete? The fact I will get a fat pay off from the time I invest now is sort of irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by selppin)
    Why do you think no social life is a bad thing? If I enjoy studying maths rather than going to the pub, is that such a bad thing? Maybe it's not what you would want to do with your life, but thankfully we are all able to decide our own paths. Would you say the same thing to a professional athlete? The fact I will get a fat pay off from the time I invest now is sort of irrelevant.
    if it's irrelevant why mention it you scummy sonofa*****

ReputationRep:
    To anyone doing OCR A Chemistry or OCR B physics there are relevant 2014 threads up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    They do if you stick to them! I'm currently doing geography aha! Attachment 274622

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What's that sheet with maths, checklist?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kendellex)
    They do if you stick to them! I'm currently doing geography aha! Attachment 274622

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which geography exam board are you doing?

ReputationRep:
    I've only just started revising. I've got 25 exams (GCSE's) this summer, is 6 weeks enough?

ReputationRep:
    Not started yet. Will start with notes and small revision during April and will begin to hammer the past papers in May. Let the fun begin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spirited_Away)
    I've only just started revising. I've got 25 exams (GCSE's) this summer, is 6 weeks enough?
    For 25 exams, no not really. Depends though on how confident you are on some of them.

ReputationRep:
    if it's irrelevant why mention it you scummy sonofa*****
    Do you have some sort of deep seated issues. Even if I was working just to make a better life for me and my family would that be scummy? I don't really give a damn what you think of me, I just don't like the idea you would be putting kids off from studying and bettering themselves just because your mother didn't cuddle you as a child.

ReputationRep:
    As some people have said before; targets are more efficient per unit time than setting hours, but it's best to combine targets in a schedule of specific goals (e.g, today I have 1 hour to do the born-haber cycles in my calculations practice book, this gives me incentive to do it at a speed reminiscent of exam speed).

Just setting 2 hours of "chemistry" is too vague and you'll end up spending some of that time just deciding what to choose in it!

I'm doing chemistry, biology and psychology and I'm predicted A*AB in that order, and I do a 9-4.20 college day with additional 2.5 hours in the evening, I've been revising since January at this pace, it's working well

ReputationRep:
    I have started revising a bit, but at my college we're having mocks now for some reason (only in one/two modules per subject), so I have to prioritize a bit which is annoying.

My issue is exam technique though: it's just awful, especially for Maths.

P.S: I'm doing ASs if you're wondering .

ReputationRep:
    I am currently doing my GCSE's also.

I spend 30 minutes on 4 different subjects each night.

I spend 2 hours a week on each subject. 1 hour doing revision maps, 1 hour past paper.

I wouldn't panic yet, my exams start on the same day and you must realise you've got 2 full weeks. Thus, the world is your oyster. Do not over do it.

(Original post by xxm)
    I set targets not hours.
    I like this. When they told us to revise at school and at uni, my usual response was 'I don't revise, I become an expert.'

In truth, I'd spend maybe two hours distilling everything into bullet points. Then I'd find ways to make them funny and therefore able to stay in my mind. Then I'd record myself reading them and just listen to them on repeat for a week.

ReputationRep:
    hours don't matter,targets don't matter,actually understanding the stuff matters.my lesson from as learnt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)
    hours don't matter,targets don't matter,actually understanding the stuff matters.my lesson from as learnt.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree, although it takes practice to truly understand something .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishkmistry)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I agree actually. If you can understand something, even if you forget what it is precisely, you can bull**** pretty effectively :P.

ReputationRep:
    This terrifies me... I've got 10 exams this summer, I'm doing somewhere between 1 and 3 hours revision a day, depending on my day; I don't have much of a concentration span. How do people even find the time to do 6+ hours?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vovin)
    This terrifies me... I've got 10 exams this summer, I'm doing somewhere between 1 and 3 hours revision a day, depending on my day; I don't have much of a concentration span. How do people even find the time to do 6+ hours?
    They must stay up to like 1 aha! Revise efficiently and you'll be fine. I can learn a topic in less than 2 hours if I actively learn eg. Teach somebody, creating a poster way (brilliant when you need to lean biology cycles), continuously testing yourself. Better than reading notes

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.