Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarlettFierce)
    I honestly think low 50s for an A.
    In fact, I'm praying for that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    how did you find the paper ?, i found the last question hard and made a few careless mistakes here and there... lost about 10-15 marks probably.

all those ocr past papers i did, nothing of the sort came up except a few, most were a diff style

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strikerextreme)
    how did you find the paper ?, i found the last question hard and made a few careless mistakes here and there... lost about 10-15 marks probably.

all those ocr past papers i did, nothing of the sort came up except a few, most were a diff style
    Yea I hoping not more than 15 marks lost as I need C4 to make up for S2 today paha

ReputationRep:

Made A LOT of silly mistakes, I'm so annoyed with myself.
    Probably lost about 20 marks... if I'm lucky
    Was really annoyed implicit differentiation didn't come up, though.
    Glad it wasn't so bd for you. Hopefully you get an A
    You probably will since grade boundaries will probably be low!

ReputationRep:
    Made A LOT of silly mistakes, I'm so annoyed with myself.
    Probably lost about 20 marks... if I'm lucky
    Was really annoyed implicit differentiation didn't come up, though.
    Glad it wasn't so bd for you. Hopefully you get an A
    You probably will since grade boundaries will probably be low!
    Im pretty sure silly mistakes won't lose you 20 marks, unless it's coupled with an underlying lack of understanding of the topics...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Namige)
    Im pretty sure silly mistakes won't lose you 20 marks, unless it's coupled with an underlying lack of understanding of the topics...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, it was stupid mistakes coupled with the fact that I didn't really know how to do question 7 or parts of 10. I don't appreciate you basically calling me stupid, because I'm not. I basically did 1/k for question 7 so everything I've done on that question is wrong, as for 10 I did all I could. With the other questions I made stupid mistakes like integrating tan2x to 1/2sec^22x and the question about finding the angle I did everything but forgot to find the actual angle because I was in a rush... So I'd appreciate it if you don't call me stupid. It was, in fact, silly mistakes that lost me those marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, it was stupid mistakes coupled with the fact that I didn't really know how to do question 7 or parts of 10. I don't appreciate you basically calling me stupid, because I'm not. I basically did 1/k for question 7 so everything I've done on that question is wrong, as for 10 I did all I could. With the other questions I made stupid mistakes like integrating tan2x to 1/2sec^22x and the question about finding the angle I did everything but forgot to find the actual angle because I was in a rush... So I'd appreciate it if you don't call me stupid. It was, in fact, silly mistakes that lost me those marks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, 1/k could still work, it'll just give you a corrected answer. 1/k is just an arbitrary constant, and could be any number. For example let n = 1/k. where n is just another constant to be found(this will be in your final solution). if n = 5, then k = 0.2. So 1/0.2 = 5. However If you did it the normal way, so if k = 5, then k = 5. Either way they should still give you the correct answer albeit in a different format.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hang on, doesn't it tell you how to integrate tankx, in the formula booklet? And I never called you stupid at all. Not understanding something is not the same as stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, doesn't it tell you how to integrate tankx, in the formula booklet? And I never called you stupid at all. Not understanding something is not the same as stupid.
    Sort of, formula booklet has tan(x) without the k

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It happened to me in jan c3 , even the most obvious questions were not getting in my head. Once i had the thought of failure from one bad question, the panic and stress grew on me , eventually making my brain shutdown so i cant even do basic questions on the rest of the paper. I had done past papers and practice to prepare for the exam 'environment' , but its just a different feeling and pressure in the actual exam which i cant pretend while doing mocks , and the panic can make everything go downhill.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No, 1/k could still work, it'll just give you a corrected answer. 1/k is just an arbitrary constant, and could be any number. For example let n = 1/k. where n is just another constant to be found(this will be in your final solution). if n = 5, then k = 0.2. So 1/0.2 = 5. However If you did it the normal way, so if k = 5, then k = 5. Either way they should still give you the correct answer albeit in a different format.
    Oh okay, thanks that actually makes me feel a lot better, probably got a couple of marks from that question. If it does, I didn't see and i put ln|sec| something because that's all I saw in the booklet. Sorry I was a bit hostile last night, wasn't in the best of moods!

It happened to me in jan c3 , even the most obvious questions were not getting in my head. Once i had the thought of failure from one bad question, the panic and stress grew on me , eventually making my brain shutdown so i cant even do basic questions on the rest of the paper. I had done past papers and practice to prepare for the exam 'environment' , but its just a different feeling and pressure in the actual exam which i cant pretend while doing mocks , and the panic can make everything go downhill.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know how you feel Like I said, hopefully grade boundaries will be a lot lower than previous years (62 for an A, are you kidding me?!) We can only hope

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Normally I'd agree. But the questions on this paper from 4 onwards were not basic, which made the panic even worse. Every time I finished a question, I kept thinking the next one would be a standard C4 question without any twists to it. And every time there was just another twist to get your head around, so the panic got even worse :P

(Original post by TheSneakyBadger)
    Normally I'd agree. But the questions on this paper from 4 onwards were not basic, which made the panic even worse. Every time I finished a question, I kept thinking the next one would be a standard C4 question without any twists to it. And every time there was just another twist to get your head around, so the panic got even worse :P
    Second this. Once you start panicking, your brain just stops functioning ... and you start thinking things like "as the radius of the balloon increases, the air in the balloon must decrease!!!" Honestly, the words 'inversely proportional' are going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

I'm really finding it hard to forget about this exam ... as you can probably tell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by printergirl)
    HERES THE QUESTION PAPER FOR ANYONE ASKING FOR IT (someone else uploaded these a few posts ago)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...3&d=1371549190
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/atta...4&d=1371549203
    Being a legend - you're doing it right!
    In other words thank you!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maid Marian)
    Second this. Once you start panicking, your brain just stops functioning ... and you start thinking things like "as the radius of the balloon increases, the air in the balloon must decrease!!!" Honestly, the words 'inversely proportional' are going to haunt me for the rest of my life.

I'm really finding it hard to forget about this exam ... as you can probably tell
    Ive seen you talking about dat c4 exam all over tsr
    what grade do you want to get overall ?

I need an A, i might be able to get because of my high ums from AS modules. I need about 70 ums from c4 for an A

Ive seen you talking about dat c4 exam all over tsr
    what grade do you want to get overall ?

I need an A, i might be able to get because of my high ums from AS modules. I need about 70 ums from c4 for an A
    Oh I need an A overall.

I'm currently on 353/400. I did M1 and C4 this summer, but I've always been terrible at M1 so I was really banking on getting >80 ums in C4! Now I'll be lucky to get 60ums in it!

So everything depends on how I did in M1 ... Sigh.

ReputationRep:
    51 for an A!! Lovely!!

ReputationRep:
    For the integration by substitution I got the answer but I then tried to simplify this when I didn't need to using log rules but made a mistake how many marks do you think I will get? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Oh I need an A overall.

I'm currently on 353/400. I did M1 and C4 this summer, but I've always been terrible at M1 so I was really banking on getting >80 ums in C4! Now I'll be lucky to get 60ums in it!

So everything depends on how I did in M1 ... Sigh.
    just asking but did everybody get a slightly weird grade for C4?

im pretty sure when I did this exam I got at least 85+ but I got 78...

I remember checking my answers with Mr M's and most were correct :/

(Original post by a10)
    just asking but did everybody get a slightly weird grade for C4?

im pretty sure when I did this exam I got at least 85+ but I got 78...

I remember checking my answers with Mr M's and most were correct :/
    I got much higher than I thought I did. So in that respect, my grade was very very weird :erm:

ReputationRep:
    I got much higher than I thought I did. So in that respect, my grade was very very weird :erm:
    im looking at the boundaries and its 51 for an A (80 ums) there's no wayyy I got less than 51 I have a bad feeling about this, my C1 resit grade was also weird..

since I have now been accepted by my university choice I suppose there isn't much point of getting my papers back to have a look, so I guess whats done is done.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.