Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fas)
    this one had an absolute **** for an essay , plus a couple of weird questions in the first section. that tbh should be enough to lower boundaries to like 46 ish , but no cos it's OCR ,let's stick the ****ing paper at the highest boundary ever ****ing recorded !

hahaha im gonna smack a wall in a minute lol - yeah you'll have got 76 easily bud
    I know the essay was awful. The first section had some nice but some annoying questions nonetheless, 1 of the comment questions caused me trouble so I'm not putting high hopes for high ums. OCR make us wait until the morning for an awful boundary -.-

Lool I don't blame you, and cheers!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robbie242)
    for maths 97
    for further maths 91.3reccuring
    for economics 85ums
    You giving Cambridge a go? (If you do, for maths I take it?)

I know the essay was awful. The first section had some nice but some annoying questions nonetheless, 1 of the comment questions caused me trouble so I'm not putting high hopes for high ums. OCR make us wait until the morning for an awful boundary -.-

Lool I don't blame you, and cheers!
    What really stood out was in Macro, there was no AD/AS diagram question. So how the grade boundaries are so high, I don't know because usually those diagram questions are free marks.

The joke is, that I got the diagram question wrong in micro though. Should have shifted both Demand and Supply but I just shifted one.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else who did accn4? 79/90 for an A and 84/90 for an A*. Bloody high.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it so typical of Edexcel to not publish their grade boundaries yet, on their twitter it said it would have been published at 00.01!

ReputationRep:
    I am liking those A2 Philosophy boundaries from OCR... 50/70 for 80 UMS

ReputationRep:
    AQA Geography a bit lower

AQA PE a lot higher, in fact an A last year would get you a B.

OCR Latin is quite bog standard, maybe a little lower than expected

Edexcel Maths I think is very nice

Having seen these my new prediction will be - AABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leannesagoodman)
    Tell you what, they're really nice, but if we all get bad results now then we'll know just how badly we've done to have gotten such a low mark. But hopefully that won't happen!
    Oh dear The whole country must have found these June exams reasonably tough!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimmy20002012)
    What does everyone think about the OCR Chemistry F322 exam, 82/100 pretty high

Posted from TSR Mobile
    And it was 72/100 in jan. so not fair lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)

What really stood out was in Macro, there was no AD/AS diagram question. So how the grade boundaries are so high, I don't know because usually those diagram questions are free marks.

The joke is, that I got the diagram question wrong in micro though. Should have shifted both Demand and Supply but I just shifted one.
    Yeah definitely, a bit dissapointed at the effect S1 has on my FM average but its not that bad, econ is the one that stands out but who needs a-level economics for a maths degree :ninja:. It's only 1 out of 5 at the end of the day, I'd happily go to Warwick nearly as much as Cambridge.

I noticed this also, though there were quite a few nice questions on inflation which were really easy to answer, I liked also that protectionism as I recall was only really a theme in the essay? and other then that the question that threw me off was the comment on macroeconomic objective one.

Ah well whats done is done

ReputationRep:
    Damn, I feel that Chemistry in OCR was a little higher than I expected. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rturnbull94)
    I think they are but I've just realised how **** I've actually done :/
    They were definitely the most difficult exams though
    The chemistry papers confused me a lot

ReputationRep:
    The only subject I feel confident with is AQA Geography.
    AQA Env Studies could be the reason I don't get into uni. Envs3 was the hardest exam I have ever sat and yet the boundaries have increased
    And as for Edexcel English Lit, looks like I have to wait even longer before I find out how screwed I am!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NedStark)

i reckon , they might be marking that essay really really nicely. because apart from Q1B , there was nothing in that first section that should have really tripped you up unless you made a silly mistake or something.

where a significant amount of marks wouldve been lost , would have been on the essay. those marks lost + the marks that people lose in section A ( and majority lose atleast 2-4 ) wouldve made for a low-ish grade boundary , but by marking that essay very nicely it's caused the boundary to go higher if you see what i mean ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellie_May :))
    The only subject I feel confident with is AQA Geography.
    AQA Env Studies could be the reason I don't get into uni. Envs3 was the hardest exam I have ever sat and yet the boundaries have increased
    And as for Edexcel English Lit, looks like I have to wait even longer before I find out how screwed I am!
    AQA Geography boundaries aren't too bad I don't think, although an A* is now out of the question I think. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know if WJEC grade boundaries are out?

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

are the OCR grade boundaries released?

if yes, can you please post a link

many thanks

ReputationRep:
    OCR biology grade boundaries seem low.. but the chemistry on is so bloody high ffs I didn't even get to finish the paper..**** life.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah definitely, a bit dissapointed at the effect S1 has on my FM average but its not that bad, econ is the one that stands out but who needs a-level economics for a maths degree :ninja:. It's only 1 out of 5 at the end of the day, I'd happily go to Warwick nearly as much as Cambridge.

I noticed this also, though there were quite a few nice questions on inflation which were really easy to answer, I liked also that protectionism as I recall was only really a theme in the essay? and other then that the question that threw me off was the comment on macroeconomic objective one.

Ah well whats done is done
    Same S1 is worrying me, Cambridge look heavily on that for Econ according to the Corpus Admissions tutor.

I think there was a question on protectionism early one. Like 1b, I may be wrong though. The macro economics objective one was a bit ok, definitely harder than the other questions but yeah, what's done is done.

ReputationRep:
    Where do you find the ocr grade boundaries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr.Guy)
    Where do you find the ocr grade boundaries?
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/142071-...-june-2013.pdf

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.