Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxMagicMezziexX)
    Anyone had any results day dreams?

I while back I dreamt I totally forgot it was results and was enjoying my day with friends (obviously not A-Level friends)
    It wasn't until later that evening my dad came in and told me he went to pick up my results, and I failed all my exams.. I have also missed clearing now so not going to uni... I woke up crying!
    My results day dream (bearing in mine my offer is really unconditional, -still have to pick up BTEC results). Is that I picked up my results, and were completed different. And then I found out that my uni offer was faked (remember the children's shows which play jokes on people), then all the interviewers came out and said 'surprise!'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JENG)
    I NEED AAB to study economics at Exeter but fear I might end up with A*BB............................ ........ DO I STAND ANY CHANCE AT ALLL-------panicking.
    Exeter can still accept you if you have missed your offer if they really want you! If it still says conditional then I would give them a ring.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the fact my insurance uni emailed me today is a sign that I missed my firm and got the insurance offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ladynova)
    Do you think the fact my insurance uni emailed me today is a sign that I missed my firm and got the insurance offer?
    I'm pretty sure they won't have decided yet, I might be wrong but I think they generally start to make decisions towards the beginning of next week. As far as I know the universities will be receiving results from UCAS this weekend.

ReputationRep:
    No, .
    From experience, I kept gettin emails (even from the unis which I was unsuccessful for, wtf?)

ReputationRep:
    Universities don't know your results yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Universities don't know your results yet.
    lol thank god was panicking.

ReputationRep:
    Surely not, Results havnt been sent out to unis yet....

ReputationRep:
    Probably not i still recieve emails from Brunel university even though I rejected them:confused:

i wanted to ask does anyone know what time STEP maths results come out on results day

ReputationRep:
    There was 2 others who were in the same position posting a few pages back. Can't remember the Univ. Universities haven't got your results yet so no it doesn't mean you have missed your firm.

Which Uni did you get this email from ?

ReputationRep:
    absolutely not the universities wont have a clue about your grades not at least till late Saturday evening/ sunday morning-------

ReputationRep:
    Argh. One week to go. Like others have said, I will be getting very drunk on Thursday night regardless of results.I still get emails from Unis I rejected. Don't think getting sent the emails means anything.

ReputationRep:
    i still havent got my OCD medical proof letter back, there writing it now as soon as possible

who shall i contact to tell them that i need to send this medical proof to unviersities to tell them why my grades suffered and why i should still be let in despite missing my offer....

plz help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)
    i still havent got my OCD medical proof letter back, there writing it now as soon as possible

who shall i contact to tell them that i need to send this medical proof to unviersities to tell them why my grades suffered and why i should still be let in despite missing my offer....

plz help
    If you miss your offer, ring your firm university and say you have the letter and can send it to them, or can send them a copy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by study beats)

plz help
    Out of interest, how did OCD affect your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktech22)
    Probably not i still recieve emails from Brunel university even though I rejected them:confused:

i wanted to ask does anyone know what time STEP maths results come out on results day
    0:00am 15th August, check the Cambridge assessment website with the log in you should have been given.

ReputationRep:
    I want to know my results already! :unimpressed:
    Been patient since the start of May when I sat my first summer exam, but now I don't think I can be patient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    If you miss your offer, ring your firm university and say you have the letter and can send it to them, or can send them a copy.
    shouldnt i still notify them before results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blob2491)
    Out of interest, how did OCD affect your grades?
    why u want to know, its gonna be so long....so many symptons i have to write, also u may find some things hard to believe...

also u may find it really emotional, so if ur sensitive then be prepared...so tell me if u wanna know

ReputationRep:
    Hi I heard a rumour that we can check on Track if our Universities have accepted or rejected us before the ccea results website goes live. Can someone who did ccea confirm if this is true? Absolutley bricken it now :confused:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.