Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aurorae)
    Perhaps I should clarify...

We aren't going to burn the SCHOOL textbooks. I still go to a funding, deprived (yet they can afford to organise trips to NASA? :confused:) state school. We're burning our revision textbooks and our work books.

Shouldn't be illegal since bonfires aren't against the law.
    nope just frowned upon when you burn your neighbours tree like me :L
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Bluffroom)
    Our textbooks are like 25 pounds each
    Your post's coding is absolutely terrible at the moment.

Some of ours are around that area. Some of the revision textbooks are £15.

I won't be burning my university textbooks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EduWiz)
    OOo im going to ask my school to do that
    We have to hand ours in but unless you're the last group on that syllabus it's a bit of a waste of resources... :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    We get all our textbooks for free. And we literally get like 3 or 4 textbooks for most subjects. :/ Hate it when girls don't appreciate them and they lose it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    high 5 I get 2 for most subjects and they're usually free .... I got one for my language exams in January the day before the exam :L

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps I should clarify...

We aren't going to burn the SCHOOL textbooks. I still go to a funding, deprived (yet they can afford to organise trips to NASA? :confused:) state school. We're burning our revision textbooks and our work books.

Shouldn't be illegal since bonfires aren't against the law.
    Aaaaah ok, makes much more sense now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My chemistry teacher was leaving the school and he just casually gave me his £30.00 textbook "[Name] Do you want it? I don't need it anymore"

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vionar)
    Didn't someone notice!? Higher candidates...:rolleyes:

I'm not that bad! I'd be a bit worried about them, but I don't think I'd cry! I just want to keep everything because I'm far too sentimental! Why were they spitting it out? :lolwut: That's just disgusting! I do actually like eating plain paper though!

Hahahaha you'd cry because of how funny it is poo!! Omg I'm a hoarder too! I like need to keep everything! Its a running joke in the family that i'll use my year 6 SATs stuff for my degree. -_- I just can't let go of things..
    You're like this boy I know... How can you eat paper! You may as well go chew on a tree. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by techno836)
    nope just frowned upon when you burn your neighbours tree like me :L
    :rofl:

Every time I hear the holly crackle (near where my family typically sets up a bonfire), I feel a little sorry as they perish innocently in the flame...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jina)
    Hahahaha you'd cry because of how funny it is poo!! Omg I'm a hoarder too! I like need to keep everything! Its a running joke in the family that i'll use my year 6 SATs stuff for my degree. -_- I just can't let go of things..
    You're like this boy I know... How can you eat paper! You may as well go chew on a tree. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hi5! I still have my Nursery Wet Play book

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    My chemistry teacher was leaving the school and he just casually gave me his £30.00 textbook "[Name] Do you want it? I don't need it anymore"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    last time I saw a teacher leaving school he gave me £10 ...... he owed it me for getting 100 UMS in biology 1

ReputationRep:
    Your post's coding is absolutely terrible at the moment.

Some of ours are around that area. Some of the revision textbooks are £15.

I won't be burning my university textbooks though.
    My science revision guides were about £4 each from amazon and the text books were £12 each from amazon, my parents were shocked but I guess it's paid off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    last time I saw a teacher leaving school he gave me £10 ...... he owed it me for getting 100 UMS in biology 1
    LOOL! A teacher gave me a pack of dried mango for getting the highest grade in Feography

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    high 5 I get 2 for most subjects and they're usually free .... I got one for my language exams in January the day before the exam :L
    Haha we got 3 for Science for each module... You can tell by just looking at them they cost a lot! Haha wow... I bought an english language one from school but it literally was never opened. Need to sell it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Every time I hear the holly crackle (near where my family typically sets up a bonfire), I feel a little sorry as they perish innocently in the flame...
    hahaha well that's not strange or anything ;D ... I was more like 'Oh **** better not put this tyre on :L '

(actually I think that is one of many signs of autism )

ReputationRep:
    Hi5! I still have my Nursery Wet Play book

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Awwww I used to do this, I had shelves in the attic full of old school books but I had to throw them away to make room for my teddies because my mum didn't want them strewn across the attic floor

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm so ill help ����������
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.