Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathsNerd1)
    I got all of that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Could you help me with the question numbers and the order if you can remember?

ReputationRep:
    I got all of that!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same! There's hope yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theCreator)
    Unfortunately yeah. Since P is in group 5, it has 1 lone pair and then the 3 bond pairs with the hydrogens, making it trigonal pyramid which is a a assymetrical making it permanent dipole-dipole.
    I dont think permanent dipoles is the MAIN one as phosphorus is barely more electronegative than Hydrogen so im pretty sure van der waals forces would be the right answer.

ReputationRep:
    Just smash the next exam!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'll try my best! I reckon we can do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy-Francis)
    guys. for the question after the PH3 and NH3 (boxes with where u ad to put hydrogen bonding and van der waal).

Why does NH3 has high melting point that PH3?

Please check if my answer is valid?
    I put NH3 has a high melting point as more energy is needed to break the bonds.

I wrore that it was Hydrogen bonding which required more energy to break than PH4

ReputationRep:
    how much will a B be? or a C? i think i got like 45+

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blackstarz)
    I dont think permanent dipoles is the MAIN one as phosphorus is barely more electronegative than Hydrogen so im pretty sure van der waals forces would be the right answer.
    I wish it was trust me, I put van der Waal's is wrong. Doesn't matter how much more phosphorus is eelctronegative. It's the fact that there is a difference in electronegativity producing permanent dipoles.

ReputationRep:
    For that question on why it is unnecessary to state whether carbon is in the form of diamond or graphite for its ionisation energy, could we just state that in order to calculate ionisation energy the sample must be gaseous?

ReputationRep:
    More random questions that I've remembered:

- State the main types of intermolecular forces in NH3 and PH3 (2)
    - Give the equation for the reaction between Aluminium Oxide and sulphuric acid, including state symbols. (2)
    - Work out the number for X in (metal).XH2O
    - Fill the boxes in of the table stating the properties of lithium, carbon and fluorine (6)
    - Using oxidation numbers, state why the reaction of P4 was a disproportionation reaction (3)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liberty.)
    I didn't know whether I'd have enough time, so I finished it and went in the last 15 minutes, and checked over it with a remaining 10 or so luckily I had a nice invigilator. I hope so, I need my A. I had so much hope for this retake!
    I think we all did, everyone was expecting to get A's but it doesn't always work out. My invigilator kept looking at me because I was sitting at the back, she probably thought I was cheating. I have to smash the next unit! I'm pretty confident aswell!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adalbosco)
    For that question on why it is unnecessary to state whether carbon is in the form of diamond or graphite for its ionisation energy, could we just state that in order to calculate ionisation energy the sample must be gaseous?
    i just said carbon makes diamond and graphite,its the building block of them so carbon is used rather than blah blah

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad, real bad. I probably lost 20 marks misreading questions and writing them wrong. :/
    40 out of 60 is bad.

ReputationRep:
    We can try but essentially it's impossible to do an unofficial markscheme without a paper i'm afraid. We'll just have to wait and hope someone manages to get their hands on one.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Could you help me with the question numbers and the order if you can remember?
    I can't remember them, sorry. Now it's time for me to focus on the fun units, like F324 and F325

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i got 7.5cm3 volume of NaOH :/ i wonder what i did wrong...any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weasleys_jumper)
    i got 7.5cm3 volume of NaOH :/ i wonder what i did wrong...any ideas?
    Did you times 0.0015 by 3 because of stoichiometry?

ReputationRep:
    P 0 to -3
    P 0 to +1

reduction
    oxidation 3marks for that

ReputationRep:

-Formula of reaction: Al203 (solid) + 3H2SO4 (aq.) ---> Al2(SO4)3 (aq.) + 6H20 (liquid)

-Reaction of chlorine and water: Cl2 + H20 --> HCL + HCLO
    -Litmus paper turned red because HCL is an acid
    Are you sure the first equation is balanced equation correctly? Seems like there are too many hydrogens on the right side, think it should be 3H2O?

And Reaction of chlorine and water forms HOCL but im pretty sure HCLO is the same thing

ReputationRep:
    Did you times 0.0015 by 3 because of stoichiometry?
    i diviided by 3 :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Just remembered the whole of question 3 or something.

-Reagent was Silver Nitrate AgNO3

-If iodide was present, yellow precipitate would form

-To show it was a mixture of bromide and iodide ions we would add concentrated ammonia (NH3)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.