Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWFC4life)
    Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.
    I agree that it's a fine line, but still, no one is saying a score of say 750 is anything less than amazing. People are just wondering what determines an earlier call for interview, that's all.

ReputationRep:
    This might reassure people? I have 11A*'s and an A at GCSE and achieved A*AA with 727.5 UKCAT as well as a good PS - I'm a reapplicant so I've had a year to nail it. I have no interview and am not worried!! I was interviewed last year with 710!! Chill guys.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BWFC4life)
    Some people here talking about lower UKCAT people being first make me sick. Is that the kind of logic you use to explain why you don't have an interview? There are people who have worked incredibly hard to get an interview and there is no need to undermine their academic ability to make yourself feel better.
    I don't think that's the intention bud, people are just trying to work out how things are being worked out, so it's all speculation really. Everyone's worked really hard, and no one really knows how kings are doing it, so I doubt any offence was intended. Congrats to those with interviews though, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BAZ1NGA)
    I don't think that's the intention bud, people are just trying to work out how things are being worked out, so it's all speculation really. Everyone's worked really hard, and no one really knows how kings are doing it, so I doubt any offence was intended. Congrats to those with interviews though, and good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    On a more random note awesome user name .. Baz1nga thats the sheldon reference from big bang theory rite .. If so rite on ! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    Haha don't be nervous! You have 1 in 2 chance of getting an offer, according to last year's stats, so you're in a great position. As long as you show confidence and speak well, then they'll select you.
    Thankyou! But just finding out you have an interview a week and a half before it is really stressing me to the max!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mehroze1)
    On the 12th, I have no idea what to expect, and yeah that sounds about similar to what I'm doing aswell, might do a mock interview or something! I wonder what this essay question will be like??!! Is kings your first choice?
    Yeah i did a mock mmi today at school and all the gp's said I was a good communicator and my ideas where good just to rehearse a bit more! same! i hate essays no kings is my last actually! i was going to apply to edinburgh but then thought i'd pick a safer option (if thats even possible!) and picked kings randomly the day before i sent mine off! is it your first choice? i'd be so happy with an offer though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello101)
    On a more random note awesome user name .. Baz1nga thats the sheldon reference from big bang theory rite .. If so rite on ! Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed it is, thanks a lot haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What are your stats?
    GCSE: 5A*4A 3 Distinc
    Alevels AAABb
    UKCAT 700 Band 2

ReputationRep:
    Looks like that's it for the Winter interviews

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    f u kings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kcl2009)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Great, I really need the Christmas holidays to prepare for interviews

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Looks like it

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What makes you say that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tee Logan x)
    Great, I really need the Christmas holidays to prepare for interviews
    That is the only positive

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They may do batches who knows if u look every year they do it in stages just have to wait

ReputationRep:
    Last year people received interview invites in december, and were given like a week's notice. I remember one really high UKCAT scorer experiencing this. You never know!

ReputationRep:
    Had the interview today. I've had to sign a disclosure form so I'm not supposed to talk about what happened in my interview, especially because my name is Anjum and how I already said what time my interview was, they could just search this.

All I can say is that don't stress too much, I felt quite comfortable in my interview. Also, make sure you come quite early, the earlier you come the better it is for you. Make sure to smile.

I don't know if my interview went well or not, I feel like I could've answered better. Also, I knew quite alot of the other people being interviewed and these guys are much better candidates than me so I don't feel as confident. At least at this moment, I have 3 options open just in case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnJuM218)
    Had the interview today. I've had to sign a disclosure form so I'm not supposed to talk about what happened in my interview, especially because my name is Anjum and how I already said what time my interview was, they could just search this.

All I can say is that don't stress too much, I felt quite comfortable in my interview. Also, make sure you come quite early, the earlier you come the better it is for you. Make sure to smile.

I don't know if my interview went well or not, I feel like I could've answered better. Also, I knew quite alot of the other people being interviewed and these guys are much better candidates than me so I don't feel as confident. At least at this moment, I have 3 options open just in case.
    Thanks for sharing that. It must be difficult to tell how an interview has gone, I hope you get good news

How long did the interview last?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for sharing that. It must be difficult to tell how an interview has gone, I hope you get good news

How long did the interview last?
    They say the interview lasts for 15-20 minutes but it felt more like 5 to me. When I went in the clock said 11.00 and when I left it said 11:20ish so 20 minutes. But quickest 20 minutes of my life. But that's what has me worried. Was it quick because I enjoyed it? Or was it quick because I wasted time? I guess I'll find out in a few weeks time hopefully.

ReputationRep:
    Last year people received interview invites in december, and were given like a week's notice. I remember one really high UKCAT scorer experiencing this. You never know!
    That happened to a girl I know who's started med this year at king's. She only got one weeks notice but she's very confident in her talking so she must've been that good.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.