Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jollygood)
    Do you mind me asking your ukcat and ucas tariff?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ucas - 570/580
    ukcat - 685

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissfully)
    well reading through all the scores for the people that have been rejected I hope I'm not the only one in the 'i'm so going to be rejected soon' frame of mind.

My ukcat and ucas tariff is like nowhere near as good as everyone else!
    Me too! I'm 99.9% sure the next time I get a UCAS track update it'll be my rejection.

(Original post by sambe)
      It would be interesting to know whether applicants were aware of the additional scheme. Would it be possible to indicate when posting a reply.
      What do you mean of the additional scheme?

(Original post by appleby)
        I think they are discussing this:

How we use the UCAS Tariff

• For school-leavers/gap year students, you must be predicted to achieve a UCAS Tariff of at least 460. We expect you to take all exams for which we have been given a predicted result.
        • We are not able to give you advice on the minimum score we require, since it varies from year to year; however, it is unlikely that you would be offered an interview if you obtained a UCAS Tariff of less than 460, although there is no guarantee you will be offered an interview if you score above this.
        • UCAS Tariff is not relevant for graduates who apply for either the 5 year or 4 year programme.

Scheme for Students attending Institutions which inhibit additional tariff scoring:

• We wish to avoid unfair discrimination on criteria beyond an applicant's control. An example of such a case might be if a candidate’s school or college does not allow him/her to sit a range of examinations broad enough to permit him/her to achieve the UCAS Tariff needed to gain an interview (as outlined in this first two bullet points of this section). Accordingly, we have reserved up to 25 places in which such applicants will be considered independently of their UCAS Tariff i.e. only the UKCAT score and other information on the overall application will be used to determine who will be offered an interview. (The minimum academic criteria will still apply.) To be considered for this scheme, the head of the institution from which the candidate is applying must write to the Senior Tutor for Admissions by 15th October of the year preceding proposed entry (e.g. 15.10.12 for 2013 admission) ([email protected]), explaining that their institution’s policies or facilities mean that their candidates cannot take more than 3 A levels and a fourth AS level and therefore are disadvantaged from competing with candidates from other institutions in terms of achieving comparable UCAS Tariff scores. The justification must relate to the institution and not the individual candidate’s ability and there are no restrictions on type of institution. These applicants will then be considered separately and in competition with each other.
        • Where a candidate has a higher tariff score but their Institution falls into this category, they are welcome to apply under this scheme and put themselves in competition with other applicants, based on UKCAT score and other information on the overall application.
        Oh right, if there are only 25 places reserved for those guys would you say the competition for them is way worse or the other way round?

ReputationRep:
        Just looking at this I'm seriously worried about my tariff.. I have aaab at as and A* A A prediction and a ten points from something else, surely I should have had a rejection?? not even sure if I've added up right ~

ReputationRep:
        I am so confused by looking at the last few posts.... people with amazing grades were rejected on the basis of not having the chance to do more A levels.... It is just ridiculous to reject people with 3A* but accept people with 3A*A ....

ReputationRep:
        Is everyone who was rejected a graduate ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Conaura)
        Is everyone who was rejected a graduate ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
        I think mostly school leavers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Are Barts rejecting those not invited for an interview all at one go?

... sick of refreshing my email inbox... can the rejection just come already!
        I have no hope of getting into Barts based on the stats of those who are already rejected!

ReputationRep:
        did Barts give out rejections in batches last year?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by nhta112)
        did Barts give out rejections in batches last year?
        Someone please answer this question :confused:

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Abubakar_96)
        Someone please answer this question :confused:
        http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...059198&page=80

ReputationRep:
        The thing that pisses me off is that if I had applied last year with my stats I would have got an interview. Still fuming. :mob::rant:

ReputationRep:
        Join the club!

ReputationRep:
        does doing an Alevel early put you at any advantage, cos I finished maths with an A* and am predicted A*A*A*???

ReputationRep:
        Hey Guys
        I got AAAA at As and i am predicted A*A*AA, and i got 705 average ukcat, so including other qualifications i got 540 ucas tarrif, however i just got rejected!!
        Im so fustrated!! Defo gonna call them up
        😡😡😡😡😡😡

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Umez123)
        Hey Guys
        I got AAAA at As and i am predicted A*A*AA, and i got 705 average ukcat, so including other qualifications i got 540 ucas tarrif, however i just got rejected!!
        Im so fustrated!! Defo gonna call them up
        😡😡😡😡😡😡
        omg you serious? like just now?
        Who knew that Barts would be so impossible to get into... honestly would have a better shot at Oxbridge!

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Ambitions)
        omg you serious? like just now?
        Who knew that Barts would be so impossible to get into... honestly would have a better shot at Oxbridge!
        got rejected yesterday evening but just checked my ucas now

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by sambe)
        This is worrying.
        What is worrying?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Umez123)
        got rejected yesterday evening but just checked my ucas now
        That really sucks
        I don't understand Barts tho, why are they rejecting strong applicants? I got lower stats than you so surely I should have received my rejection now? (or perhaps its soon to come..)

either way, best of luck with your other options!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.