Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Any offers today?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mderi2012)
    Any offers today?
    I just got an offer from Liverpool John moores!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine off a week before Christmas and yesterday got a conditional offer for Film and Television course at Edge Hill, which is my ambitious choice and an interview for a similar course at Teesside. Only problem is, is that it's in the early afternoon on Thurs 6th Feb and the only transport I can take is the train, which is 7 hours long, with the earliest leaving my town at 6 in the morning and arriving in Middlesbrough two minutes before my interview, costing nearly £200 for a return ticket. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Application sent : 16th Dec
    Offer received: 6th Jan for Psychology courses x4 at Plymouth
    Accepted: straight Psychology course and rejected the other three

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wideeyedowls)
    I'm looking to send off my ucas application tonight but I'm just really worried about my personal statement. I've asked my English Literature teachers to take a look at it but they haven't got back to me yet and I just want to get my application off asap ! I feel as though my personal statement is what I want it to be and it's adequate for the English Literature and Creative Writing course that I want to apply for. The universities i'm applying for are
    • Newcastle
    • Northumbria
    • Aberystwyth
    • Bath Spa
    • York St John

Is anyone else applying for these universities ? If so, have any of you sent off your ucas application yet ?
    Not a UCAS applicant this year, but I go to Bath Spa!
    I know lots of people doing English Lit and/or Creative Writing and the campus is beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GracieEmz)
    Sent mine off a week before Christmas and yesterday got a conditional offer for Film and Television course at Edge Hill, which is my ambitious choice and an interview for a similar course at Teesside. Only problem is, is that it's in the early afternoon on Thurs 6th Feb and the only transport I can take is the train, which is 7 hours long, with the earliest leaving my town at 6 in the morning and arriving in Middlesbrough two minutes before my interview, costing nearly £200 for a return ticket. :confused:
    Have you looked at mega bus / national express?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Neither go to Middlesbrough from my town.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GracieEmz)
    Neither go to Middlesbrough from my town.
    The only thing you could do is ring the uni and speak to someone in adnissions

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sent off UCAS around the end of December and received 5 offers after 2 weeks: Coventry, Keele, Worcester, BCU and Northampton.

Going to do English but I don't know which uni to pick!! :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm on a gap year and applying as an individual.

I have gone to options and clicked on "ask school/college for reference". I have entered the buzzword for the school also. I phoned UCAS to double check my request has gone through and say said yes.

However, my sixth form is asking me to link my application. I can't even link my application because it isn't in my options anymore.

Do I have to link my application or have I done it correct with just requesting reference in the options? My school is having problems finding the request, and they said I did it wrong. Did I? I followed what it said on the UCAS website.

ReputationRep:
    Sent mine on 10th December and only received one reply (which was an unconditional which is a huge relief). One of my friends sent his the same day as mine and has 5 offers already which is making me fear the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    Sent mine on 10th December and only received one reply (which was an unconditional which is a huge relief). One of my friends sent his the same day as mine and has 5 offers already which is making me fear the worst.
    I sent mine on the 9th and haven't heard anything at all, so you're not alone. I'd expect there's quite a few applications to look at after the xmas break. Or at least that's what I like to tell myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    I sent mine off on the 16th and I've had one offer so far (and I already have my grades.) Don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aarz)

I have gone to options and clicked on "ask school/college for reference". I have entered the buzzword for the school also. I phoned UCAS to double check my request has gone through and say said yes.

However, my sixth form is asking me to link my application. I can't even link my application because it isn't in my options anymore.

Do I have to link my application or have I done it correct with just requesting reference in the options? My school is having problems finding the request, and they said I did it wrong. Did I? I followed what it said on the UCAS website.
    Sounds like you did everything right, especially if UCAS said all was ok. Could you try re sending the request?

ReputationRep:
    I just received an offer from Manchester for Accounting and Finance

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aarz)

Hi
    I'm also on a gap year and the same thing happened to me. I clicked 'ask school/college to provide reference only'.
    It went through to my school fine, but they wanted me to 'link my application with the school' instead - basically the only reasons I got back for this was because that way they could check it over before it went through to UCAS, and also because then your application technically becomes one of the statistics of people from that school who went on to uni that year.

I had to be quite patient and email my referee quite a few times. Of course you don't really have time to be patient with them, so I'd advise just email lots and lots. Make sure you explain in your email that you cannot link your application to the school anymore.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeaX)
    (Original post by badbodydouble)
    I sent mine off on the 16th and I've had one offer so far (and I already have my grades.) Don't worry!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    For which subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Applied for Medicine and Psychology:

Manchester (Medicine) - Interview (waiting for decision)
    Leeds (Medicine) - Interview (next week 17/1/2014 )
    Liverpool (Medicine) - Acknowledgement only, still waiting
    Leicester (Medicine) - Interview (18/2/2014 )
    Manchester (Psychology) - Offer
    University abroad (Medicine) - Offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Khallil)
    For which subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    English Language and Linguistics.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Woop got a conditional offer from Sunderland University this morning, so that's 3/5 now, waiting for 2 more (which so happen to be my top 2 choices).

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.