Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

For the Norton Rose 'Describe your involvement in any extra-curricular activities, including positions of responsibility held' (150 words), would it be sufficient to just list the activities and not mention the skills gained? There's not enough space to do both imo.

ReputationRep:
    PFO Weil.

ReputationRep:
    Do CC notify you as to whether you've passed the verbal reasoning test and if your application will then be considered? If so, anyone know how quickly they do this?

(Reason I ask is that I seem to remember somebody earlier in the thread saying they had been told they passed, but not sure if I imagined it...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by de jure)
    PFO Weil.
    Sorry :erm: May I ask when you appplied?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kidioteque)
    Do CC notify you as to whether you've passed the verbal reasoning test and if your application will then be considered? If so, anyone know how quickly they do this?
    They notified me to say I'd passed - but that was for the first year scheme so I don't know for sure if its the same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    They notified me to say I'd passed - but that was for the first year scheme so I don't know for sure if its the same!
    Cheers for the info - was this immediately after you finished the test or was it some time later?

ReputationRep:
    Cheers for the info - was this immediately after you finished the test or was it some time later?
    It was within 24 hours

ReputationRep:

(Reason I ask is that I seem to remember somebody earlier in the thread saying they had been told they passed, but not sure if I imagined it...)
    They are very quick. I did mine at around half 1 and they told me I passed two hours later.

(I actually forgot to check for an update, so thanks for reminding me :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    I also received my CC result within 24 hours.

(Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Sorry :erm: May I ask when you appplied?
    During the Christmas break. They didn't waste their time!

ReputationRep:

I took the test earlier this morning and found out that I'd passed an hour later.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lucilou101)
    It was within 24 hours
    Great - cheers

(Original post by Horse273)
    They are very quick. I did mine at around half 1 and they told me I passed two hours later.

(I actually forgot to check for an update, so thanks for reminding me :rolleyes: )
    Nice one, congrats. Was it by email or did you have to log onto the website?

Not particularly optimistic about my chances but at least I'll be put out of my misery soon enough ha!

ReputationRep:

Nice one, congrats. Was it by email or did you have to log onto the website?

Not particularly optimistic about my chances but at least I'll be put out of my misery soon enough ha!
    I'm sure you did fine It was by email which is what I personally prefer since it's more convenient.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Defragmentation)
    I took the test earlier this morning and found out that I'd passed an hour later.

(Original post by Horse273)
    I'm sure you did fine It was by email which is what I personally prefer since it's more convenient.
    Thanks, both of you!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone applied to Hill Dickinson and been sent an invite to the test?

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest, has anyone here secured any vac schemes yet?

ReputationRep:
    Simmons & Simmons AC

Not sure what date yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChoccyWoccy)
    Simmons & Simmons AC

Not sure what date yet.
    Congrats! Guess you were right about Jan 5th being an important day

ReputationRep:
    Rejection from HSF where am I going wrong?!?! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidLocked)
    Hey guys,

For the Norton Rose 'Describe your involvement in any extra-curricular activities, including positions of responsibility held' (150 words), would it be sufficient to just list the activities and not mention the skills gained? There's not enough space to do both imo.
    Yes, I've been invited to AC with NRF, I didn't mention the skills gained. You can try to work these in elsewhere in your application!

(Original post by DavidLocked)
    Out of interest, has anyone here secured any vac schemes yet?
    I have a vacation scheme at Jones Day, interviewed very early on!

No news for me from any more firms today. :-(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)

No news for me from any more firms today. :-(
    Same - I was hoping to hear back today as feels like I've been waiting forever to hear back from some firms

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.