Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peachy23)
    Pretty bad...annoyed with a friend and had a huge headache. Lessons were alright though, got some homework and the Spanish speaking task! Better get to work. Feels weird being a year 11 haha
    Thanks for sharing, I bet it does :cool: Good luck to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by evekip)
    This is me right now ugh, got my timetable today! Tomorrow's lessons aren't too bad for me, but I have PE which sucks, not sure whether to bring my kit or not since it'll probably be theory on the first day but I'll get *******ed if it's practical.

Although the one thing I'm pleased to be back at school for is that I always have more money in term time. If I'm only out a couple of times a week then my parents are more prepared to give me money! I need new makeup and new pokemon game comes out in November so money is good. :')

Apart from that and seeing friends though, I'm kind of dreading it. :c I know it won't be that bad but I'd still rather be off school haha. Waking up at 6AM is horrific.
    I hate waking up early, I'm so used to waking up at 11/12 ish that I don't know how I will cope tomorrow .
    And I seem to always have money in the holidays than in school time, although if I ask my parents usually give it to me.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have my first day today. The fact that I start at 11:00 am and our school has new uniform and that we have new buildings should lighten the mood. Still want to sleep though :,(

ReputationRep:
    2nd day of school today. Back to normal work mode.

ReputationRep:
    It's my first day as well

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Imank01)
    Have my first day today. The fact that I start at 11:00 am and our school has new uniform and that we have new buildings should lighten the mood. Still want to sleep though :,(
    (Original post by tryrevise)
    It's my first day as well
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    How were your days?
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    First day back didn't go that well..
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Midnightmemories)
    :hugs:

Spoiler:
    Show
    More hugs on demand. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Mine either, I've got loads of new teachers, there was a theft in my form and we all got kept back after school, and there's this new subject called study skills, which is so useless and boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All of this is making me dread school tomorrow....

I haven't gone back yet because of work experience and haven't really talked to anyone about the changes..ugh
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    They've moved me into a Maths set which will basically cause all my progress to go...

WELL DONE.. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    How were your days?
    Not too bad... I got my geography coursework back from last year and it was the highest in my set which I was pleased with, but I think I was one mark off an A* which is pretty annoying :/ I'm already getting so much work though so I kind of wish it was still the holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Not too bad... I got my geography coursework back from last year and it was the highest in my set which I was pleased with, but I think I was one mark off an A* which is pretty annoying :/ I'm already getting so much work though so I kind of wish it was still the holidays
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    That must be quite annoying. :sadnod: In the end when you get your results it'll be worth it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Canttellyou)
    Mine either, I've got loads of new teachers, there was a theft in my form and we all got kept back after school, and there's this new subject called study skills, which is so useless and boring.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lots of people in my year (everyone that doesn't do music GCSE) have a new lesson called "Mindfulness". No one has any idea what it's meant to be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    That must be quite annoying. :sadnod: In the end when you get your results it'll be worth it though.
    Yeah I hope so we have to start our next piece of coursework now so I'd better just concentrate on that.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    They've moved me into a Maths set which will basically cause all my progress to go...

WELL DONE.. :/
    I moved maths sets as well! Although I'm kind of glad I'm not in top set maths anymore because I thought doing further maths as well would be too much stress hopefully in this set I'll actually have time to learn things and consolidate them instead of going through everything too fast and spending half the time doing A level work. Last year I got quite distracted and I don't think I really achieved my full potential in maths and although I was getting As I think I'm more likely to improve to an A* in set 2 than set 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I moved maths sets as well! Although I'm kind of glad I'm not in top set maths anymore because I thought doing further maths as well would be too much stress hopefully in this set I'll actually have time to learn things and consolidate them instead of going through everything too fast and spending half the time doing A level work. Last year I got quite distracted and I don't think I really achieved my full potential in maths and although I was getting As I think I'm more likely to improve to an A* in set 2 than set 1

I really hope everything works out with your maths, it's really annoying when things like that go wrong and progress was basically for nothing
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm barely getting C's and they move me from bottom to third...

Where's the logic?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling I've moved maths sets so much over the years especially as I used to really struggle with it when I was younger but I've got a lot better at it in the past few years

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.