randlemcmurphy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by sagar448)
No problem. :3
How are you feeling about this exam?
It will either go really well, or it will be rather hard. I am just going over all my revision notes then I am going to look over some old spec papers, just to see if the questions are similar in style.
sagar448
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by randlemcmurphy)
It will either go really well, or it will be rather hard. I am just going over all my revision notes then I am going to look over some old spec papers, just to see if the questions are similar in style.
Yeah I hope it's the first one . My life is literally dependant on this exam...
I'm doing the same, just going over a few definitions I didn't remember then look through the new paper and then i'm done. Good luck mate.
randlemcmurphy
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yeah I hope it's the first one . My life is literally dependant on this exam...
I'm doing the same, just going over a few definitions I didn't remember then look through the new paper and then i'm done. Good luck mate.
You too!
Raizel
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Everyone is crying about the chemistry exam that just happened.
we better be careful.
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Raizel)
Everyone is crying about the chemistry exam that just happened.
we better be careful.
Thanks a lot for that, that helped me feel so much better. -_-
fatart123
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hard paper with low boundaries > Easy paper with high boundaries imo. Hope we get another 2014-tier paper
Raizel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thanks a lot for that, that helped me feel so much better. -_-
Was all in good intention.
Make sure you know every, because they probably will throw a curve ball.
SomeGuy96
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rachelc142)
the gradient of the graph is proportional to the change in momentum
so if the grad is flat then the change in momentum is constant ie it is uniformly accelerating
if the grad is non flat/sloped then the change in momentum is increasing/decreasing so it is non uniformly accelerating :-)
I thought the area under the graph represented the change in momentum, since FT = M(V - U) from newtons second law. Correct me if I'm wrong, physics isn't my strong suite.
seizetoday
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Well basically, three things could happen to a force on the graph and i'l go over that...

Force increases - since force is increasing the object is accelerating faster!
force constant - since force is constant the objects is still accelerating but constantly..
force decreases - since force is decreasing the object is still accelerating but at a decreasing rate (THIS IS NOT DECELERATION)

Thats about it really.
(Original post by rachelc142)
the gradient of the graph is proportional to the change in momentum
so if the grad is flat then the change in momentum is constant ie it is uniformly accelerating
if the grad is non flat/sloped then the change in momentum is increasing/decreasing so it is non uniformly accelerating :-)
Are you guys sure? The mark scheme for June 2013 said that acceleration was constant when force increases. Also the gradient is not equal to the rate of change in momentum because force/time does not equal that.

Still kinda confused..
seizetoday
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Actually you guys are probably right
lnlmessi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Just another question about significant figures

Say you get an answer in part (a) of a question and you round it to 3 sf to give the answer

If you had to use the answer in (a) for part (b) of the question would you use the rounded answer to 3 s.f or would you use the full answer?
seizetoday
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lnlmessi)

Say you get an answer in part (a) of a question and you round it to 3 sf to give the answer

If you had to use the answer in (a) for part (b) of the question would you use the rounded answer to 3 s.f or would you use the full answer?
Always best to use exact value to avoid rounding errors
SomeGuy96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by lnlmessi)

Whenever i get an answer i save it in its full form to my calculators memory and use that for future calculations. I write the answers down to 3 sig fig though.
The Room Student
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Anybody else just had their AQA Chem 4 exam? I just can't remotivate myself for this paper now. It's a morning one too! Wooooo...
SomeGuy96
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by seizetoday)
Are you guys sure? The mark scheme for June 2013 said that acceleration was constant when force increases. Also the gradient is not equal to the rate of change in momentum because force/time does not equal that.

Still kinda confused..
Yeah its pretty confusing; surely the force increasing would increase the acceleration of the object?

Also the gradient of a force time graph is M(V-U)/T^2, which is measured in kgms^-3, which isn't used for anything i know.
kate8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Does anyway have any good question resources? Done all the past papers and looked at the legacy but can't real find any relevant questions there? Any questions you've got would be great!
DoctorDren
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
where can i find the mark scheme for june 2014 g484 ocr physics A
Raizel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by seizetoday)

Still kinda confused..
If its a straight line increasing, then the acceleration is increasing at a constant rate.
The gradient is that rate of change of force.
Raizel
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by DoctorDren)
where can i find the mark scheme for june 2014 g484 ocr physics A
https://drive.google.com/folderview?...9WRDZRa2dJQkE#
sagar448
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by randlemcmurphy)
Had to add one more thing, when I said force was increasing it was like a parabolic increase? But if we are to talk about straight lines then:

force increase - Acceleration increases at a constant rate
force constant - acceleration is constant (not increasing)
force decreasing - acceleration decreases at a constant rate.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (328)
37.27%
No - but I will (71)
8.07%
No - I don't want to (63)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (418)
47.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise