Warwick Offer Holder (2015 Entry) Watch

UT97
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Do any maths people know if they are lenient with step?
a96clark
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by UT97)
Do any maths people know if they are lenient with step?
Some years they are, some years they aren't. I know someone who got 4 A*s and missed their step mark by 2 so got rejected
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by a96clark)
Some years they are, some years they aren't. I know someone who got 4 A*s and missed their step mark by 2 so got rejected
Thats uh, comforting... was that 2013 or 2010 where the STEP boundaries were really high due to it being an easy paper?
a96clark
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
Thats uh, comforting... was that 2013 or 2010 where the STEP boundaries were really high due to it being an easy paper?
Two years ago, so yeah 2013
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by a96clark)
Two years ago, so yeah 2013
That is still unbelievably harsh, I hope this year the STEP 1 paper is insanely hard.
Faithams
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by CantonHero)
Does anybody who is doing Biomedical science know if there is the opportunity to switch to the integrated masters after the first year?
You can
You can also switch to any other of the Life Sciences, although other courses can't switch to Biomed (I think I heard that at the Warwick offer holders day, but I'm not 100% sure. May have been Surrey)
CantonHero
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Faithams)
You can
You can also switch to any other of the Life Sciences, although other courses can't switch to Biomed (I think I heard that at the Warwick offer holders day, but I'm not 100% sure. May have been Surrey)
Awesome, thanks. I think that might have been at Surrey you heard it, because at the offer holders day one of the people there was saying how if you're not sure, it's best to do Biochemistry as you can switch into life science course with that.
Which course did you apply for?
Faithams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Awesome, thanks. I think that might have been at Surrey you heard it, because at the offer holders day one of the people there was saying how if you're not sure, it's best to do Biochemistry as you can switch into life science course with that.
Which course did you apply for?
Wherever I heard it, it was actually Biomedical Science that you could switch to any course from so maybe it was Warwick after all.
I'm applying for Biomed
Have you applied for accommodation
Muntasir24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Finally got an offer to study Law & Business studies anybody else studying something similar? Just firmed em.
LumosNox
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by mynameispoo)
sure! wait for your good news, I sure we'll be fine! I have just applied for accommodation today!
Ooh, nice. Where have you chosen for your 5/6 choices? If you don't mind me asking, that is.
CantonHero
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Wherever I heard it, it was actually Biomedical Science that you could switch to any course from so maybe it was Warwick after all.
I'm applying for Biomed
Have you applied for accommodation
I've had a bit of a look, haven't completely decided. Warwick's accomodation seems very expensive
One issue is that I was looking at Claycroft a while back, it seemed good (£120, only sharing a bathroom with one other person) but they're no longer doing it this year for first years.
Lakeside also looks very good, but that seems a bit far away from the biosciences section of the university. I've had a look (online) at others, but still not fully decided. You?
Faithams
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've had a bit of a look, haven't completely decided. Warwick's accomodation seems very expensive
One issue is that I was looking at Claycroft a while back, it seemed good (£120, only sharing a bathroom with one other person) but they're no longer doing it this year for first years.
Lakeside also looks very good, but that seems a bit far away from the biosciences section of the university. I've had a look (online) at others, but still not fully decided. You?
I have no idea at all, I'm waiting till after exams to decide. I think I'll apply to one en suite, though definitely not Bluebell or I'll be scrounging for the rest of the year lol.
Apparently Rootes is really social but the kitchens are up to 19 people. That's almost a classroom
I'm making proximity a priority though, since even the close ones are kinda far for the Life Sciences campus.
Is Warwick your firm?
CantonHero
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have no idea at all, I'm waiting till after exams to decide. I think I'll apply to one en suite, though definitely not Bluebell or I'll be scrounging for the rest of the year lol.
Apparently Rootes is really social but the kitchens are up to 19 people. That's almost a classroom
I'm making proximity a priority though, since even the close ones are kinda far for the Life Sciences campus.
Is Warwick your firm?
Yeah, it is. Yours too, I assume?
shann_ng
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Muntasir24)
Finally got an offer to study Law & Business studies anybody else studying something similar? Just firmed em.
well done! law with social sciences here
Shiroe
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Is there any way to change accommodation preference order after you've submitted the application? I put Rootes as my first option because it was pretty cheap but I've changed my mind and it seems that I'm the sort of person that would prefer a flat style accommodation rather than halls.

Does it even matter what order I put my preferences in?
Muntasir24
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by shann_ng)
well done! law with social sciences here
Thanks did you go to the open day?
I_Hate_Usernames
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PotterPhysics)
Things I don't want to share:
-Kitchen
-Toilet
-Shower
So yeah, pretty much everything.
If you don't share a kitchen it will be harder to make friends.
Amandeep_3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I have an offer for maths at warwick of A*A*A and grade 2 in STEP but was wondering how lenient Warwick are if you were to miss your offer by a grade?
Jai Sandhu
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amandeep_3)
I have an offer for maths at warwick of A*A*A and grade 2 in STEP but was wondering how lenient Warwick are if you were to miss your offer by a grade?
Join the club, I think about a half of students last year missed the offer but got in, I would assume somewhat but it all depends on how this years STEP paper will be :P
Amandeep_3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jai Sandhu)
Join the club, I think about a half of students last year missed the offer but got in, I would assume somewhat but it all depends on how this years STEP paper will be :P
Thats good , really struggling with STEP, hoping for an easy paper.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (443)
37.83%
No - but I will (88)
7.51%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (560)
47.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise