Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JJBinn)
    Hmmm just because I've seen a similar question before. So if I see sin and cos multiplied in the same integral I always check whether inspection is the way to go. There's a couple of others like that, that should be checked, such as 2x+1/x^2+x which would integrate to ln(x^2+x).
    That example is not inspection though, that's using the f'(x)/f(x) integrals rule

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    That example is not inspection though, that's using the f'(x)/f(x) integrals rule
    Well I think if you have 2 functions multiplied together, firstly, check if it simplifies. If not then you look to see whether one of the functions differentiates to be of the form of the other function. Then, if neither of these are possible, go for integration by parts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonwinner)
    What paper is that from?
    June 2008

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    see post 875 for grade boundaries for C4
    then pick the hardest from there...

practice papers?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3361905
    read the instructions carefully on
    http://madasmaths.com/archive_iygb_p...ce_papers.html
    Thank you so much!!

ReputationRep:
    If a question states 'using calculus find out etc...', does this mean the method is either to do with dy/dx or integration? In other words...I don't know what calculus entails.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sj97)
    Thank you so much!!
    no worries

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalliance)
    If a question states 'using calculus find out etc...', does this mean the method is either to do with dy/dx or integration? In other words...I don't know what calculus entails.
    differentiation and/or integration

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TeeEm)
    differentiation and/or integration
    ah thanks, cheers for fast reply. I saw it in the C3 exam, and would have probably understood the question faster if I knew that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dalliance)
    ah thanks, cheers for fast reply. I saw it in the C3 exam, and would have probably understood the question faster if I knew that.
    hopefully you will know for your C4.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434172032.603191.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  170.0 KB

Can someone explain to me why this site integral doesn't work. I know how to do it using the trig identity I just wanna know why it doesn't work like this because it should ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Incorrect trig identity. Sin2A = 2SinACosA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudl)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434172032.603191.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  170.0 KB

Can someone explain to me why this site integral doesn't work. I know how to do it using the trig identity I just wanna know why it doesn't work like this because it should ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well you multiplied by 1/3 and not 3 in dy/dx. Also easier way of doing it is sin3xcis3x=1/2sin6x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Well you multiplied by 1/3 and not 3 in dy/dx. Also easier way of doing it is sin3xcis3x=1/2sin6x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok that will still make myanswer (sin3x)^2 / 6 would that then be right?

& how did you find c3 yesterday? 100%?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hudl)
    Ok that will still make myanswer (sin3x)^2 / 6 would that then be right?

& how did you find c3 yesterday? 100%?
    Yes it would.
    I found it fine tbh even though I only did 2 papers the night before(well technically I have been doing maths nonstop for 6 months with stuff much harder then C3). Yh I think im 99% sure ive got 75/75 and even if i did drop a mark or two somehow it would still be 100ums i think.
    Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Yes it would.
    I found it fine tbh even though I only did 2 papers the night before(well technically I have been doing maths nonstop for 6 months with stuff much harder then C3). Yh I think im 99% sure ive got 75/75 and even if i did drop a mark or two somehow it would still be 100ums i think.
    Wbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done man, its a massive shame to have floobonked c3 yesterday, I was hoping for 100 in c3 & c4 after 298 at AS but I think I gave a lot more effort to Biology and Chemistry which I didnt do aswell in last year than maths. I still managed to do all the papers, I however did not do the June 13R onwards. The last paper I did was June 13 and there were a few things from I think the internation jan 13 paper that I didnt get including the how to get so I was going to ask my teacher in the morning as I thought the exam was 1:30pm ended up getting into school for 8:45 and realised the exam was at 9. The few things I didnt get came up as 2markers, so I was analed and I was already panicking from not fininshing all the papers and being able to ask my teacher what I wanted to ask. Although looking at Arseys solutions, most of the questions I did in the correct way, I made silly mistakes everywhere though meaning I think I have only got 60/75. I'm so gutted. Now I'm trying to revise c4 which I haven't touched since before the mocks.

I wish I could rewind time and take that c3 exam again and just be careful >

ReputationRep:
    does anyone know how to do part b?
    apparently x=0.1? help...

(June 2013 replacement paper)

Name:  Picture1.png
Views: 109
Size:  126.2 KB

ReputationRep:
    Which are the hardest c4 past papers? I've done them all before but forgot which one the hardest were and now I don't wanna go through all of them again can someone tell me which one the hardest were so it's quicker?

ReputationRep:
    Why doesn't this work

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1434185998.186604.jpg
Views: 192
Size:  146.1 KB

Ignore attached thumbnail below

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridirahman)
    Which are the hardest c4 past papers? I've done them all before but forgot which one the hardest were and now I don't wanna go through all of them again can someone tell me which one the hardest were so it's quicker?
    Just do the gold papers

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone pls explain how to differentiate 3^x-1 ??

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.