Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammy4041)
    Aaron Hernandez initially was only a person of interest too...after everything the NFL's been through, the NFL doesn't need this. The police need time to be able to thoroughly research their investigations, and well, that'll take time.
    And was Hernandez still a person of interest over a week later? After been interviewed by the police? No is the answer to both. 2 cases are never the same.

Yes police do need time to carry out a thorough investigation but how long is the investigation going to take? (It might takes years). In the mean time you want to treat Collins as guilty what happened to innocent before guilty.

Why should he be a victim of the NFL hypocritical image saving attempt. Which btw aren't even remotely similar to this. Because the guy is INNOCENT as far as we know. Until that changes, he doesn't deserve punishment.

ReputationRep:
    Dante Fowler just picked up a knee injuty at Rookie Minicamp. This is so so annoying! He walked off with help so hopefully not a season ender but that's so awful 1 hour into his NFL career.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's a torn ACL and he is done.

Brady is rumoured to be getting a suspension. Not sure how I feel about that. On one hand Mike Florio made the good point (never thought I would write that) that if non-cooperation in an investigation isn't punished then the league won't be able to hold anyone to account. On the other hand the "cheating" that happened was so ridiculously trivial I was honestly shocked when the report came out as more than just "nothing happened."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wattsy)
    Dante Fowler just picked up a knee injuty at Rookie Minicamp. This is so so annoying! He walked off with help so hopefully not a season ender but that's so awful 1 hour into his NFL career.
    Confirmed season over. Dreadful news. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ..DT..)
    Confirmed season over. Dreadful news. Wouldn't wish that on anyone.
    Jeez....that's awful. I was looking forward to seeing that Jags defense, although it was at a position of strength. (or relative strength anyway). The Jags did improve the secondary which should mean the defense is should be the mean defense we all know it can be.

I just hope Paul Posluszny stays healthy. If he goes down, that defense is seriously screwed. Any team losing their starting mike backer would.

ReputationRep:
    I am so upset for Dante, never missed a game in college to that happening 1 hour into his NFL career, At least its not Jadaveon Clowney bad; people come back from 1 ACL now. From a team perspective it's not season ending but it obviously weakens the pass rush which is probably the oldest unit on the roster. Jammy you are so right about Poz, Poz may be awful in pass coverage but he is without a doubt the keystone of the D. As soon as he got hurt the Jags got ran all over.

Must stop reading internet comments because local Jags fans are about as intelligent as local Philly fans. There was clearly no weakness in the knee before or it would have been picked up at the combine or at any number of other examinations!

ReputationRep:
    Do they know whether there's any damage, or is it a clean tear? If it's clean, the chances are very very good. When it starts doing meniscus damage, and hasn't torn cleanly, well, the chances are less good.

I think the Jags still have upgraded their defense. A healthy Poz helps them, even if he tries to do too much sometimes. Pass coverage is so-so, but Poz was still dangerous. Returned a Peyton Manning pass for a 54 yard pick six two seasons ago, and well, he tried to do too much and got punished. I still think he's an awesome linebacker.

Nice to see James Sample get a shot at the FS position. Him and Cyprien would be a nice duo to have. Matt Robinson could be an interesting player, at the outside LB position. Nick Marshall is going to be a good corner, in the NFL, if he continues to develop. 6ft2 with 32 inch arms, and wraps up, and tackles with a good proper form tackle. They taught him well at Georgia, before he was kicked off the team.

ReputationRep:
    Do they know whether there's any damage, or is it a clean tear? If it's clean, the chances are very very good. When it starts doing meniscus damage, and hasn't torn cleanly, well, the chances are less good.

I think the Jags still have upgraded their defense. A healthy Poz helps them, even if he tries to do too much sometimes. Pass coverage is so-so, but Poz was still dangerous. Returned a Peyton Manning pass for a 54 yard pick six two seasons ago, and well, he tried to do too much and got punished. I still think he's an awesome linebacker.

Nice to see James Sample get a shot at the FS position. Him and Cyprien would be a nice duo to have. Matt Robinson could be an interesting player, at the outside LB position. Nick Marshall is going to be a good corner, in the NFL, if he continues to develop. 6ft2 with 32 inch arms, and wraps up, and tackles with a good proper form tackle. They taught him well at Georgia, before he was kicked off the team.
    As far as I'm aware it was a clean tear no other damage done. Sample was surprised about competing at FS, he has always been a strong safety and said most people's criticisms were about him in pass coverage. That worries me but obviously Sergio Brown is there to play that position too if the transition is less than smooth there is cover.

ReputationRep:
    Wattsy, I feel your pain in losing Dante Fowler Jr. Jeff Heuerman is done for the season after tearing his ACL.

It really sucks. He's a good on the line blocker.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the casualty list will only grow. I wonder how long until they start looking at the turf in these places. I know English football is way less contact and the movements are a bit different but we have way less knee problems; there are still people changing direction on a dime and people planting their feet in the floor. Football also doesn't have the steriod/HGH use either. That might be a factor because it makes muscles outgrow tendons and ligaments therefore stretching is more difficult and less effective.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, the casualty list will only grow. I wonder how long until they start looking at the turf in these places. I know English football is way less contact and the movements are a bit different but we have way less knee problems; there are still people changing direction on a dime and people planting their feet in the floor. Football also doesn't have the steriod/HGH use either. That might be a factor because it makes muscles outgrow tendons and ligaments therefore stretching is more difficult and less effective.
    In association football, there's not people using tackling using their helmets and aiming for the knees, especially on some of the bigger guys. I would say, a lot has to do with the planting of the feet.

In a way, it's not really surprising, I guess. Rookie camps are hard fought, with all the rookies trying to fight for the roster spots. In a way, it's nice to see the heart and fire of the rookies trying to make the roster, but it's at the cost of injuries.

It's just that two ACL tears -- in the same knee -- happened to be for two rookies who were expected to have a big contribution to their teams' efforts

ReputationRep:
    In association football, there's not people using tackling using their helmets and aiming for the knees, especially on some of the bigger guys. I would say, a lot has to do with the planting of the feet.

In a way, it's not really surprising, I guess. Rookie camps are hard fought, with all the rookies trying to fight for the roster spots. In a way, it's nice to see the heart and fire of the rookies trying to make the roster, but it's at the cost of injuries.

It's just that two ACL tears -- in the same knee -- happened to be for two rookies who were expected to have a big contribution to their teams' efforts
    I was more thinking Dante Fowler's injury, I've not seen the Bronco's TE one, It's literally minimal contact. He moves to beat a block and there it goes.

I've never seen a guy come out with such a good attitude afterwards though, he'll be ready for 2016. He might well be the Russell Wilson of defensive players without the God obsession.

ReputationRep:
    Tom Brady has just been suspended 4 games for 'violating the integrity' of the game...seems harsh because Wes Welker only got two games for popping mollies...
    That's bad enough, but the Patriots lose their 2016 first round pick, and 2017 fourth round pick, and were fined $1M. A judgement based on 'probabilities' should never be considered an actual judgement. The NFL did show a message with this punishment though.

Jimmy Garoppolo is a good QB though. The Patriots have games vs. Steelers, @ Bills, vs. Jaguars and @ Cowboys. (as well as a week 4 bye) The Bills game will be tricky, but Garoppolo should get at least 2-3 wins out of that group. Brady's first game back will be against the Colts in week six, which will be even more interesting.

ReputationRep:
    I'm now strangely hopeful about the Patriots v Jags game. It could actually be interesting as opposed to the usual 44-13 scoreline.

ReputationRep:
    Disgraceful. The punishment is over the top. As jam said a ruling based on probabilities is ridiculous. Really hope we don't do the banner raising. **** goodell
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm now strangely hopeful about the Patriots v Jags game. It could actually be interesting as opposed to the usual 44-13 scoreline.
    Knowing Pats, Garoppolo will turn out to be the new Brady and a new era of dominance will begin

Also, do you mind removing my name from the Giants? Still haven't settled on a team so I'll let you know when I do and who to add me too /o\

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)
    Knowing Pats, Garoppolo will turn out to be the new Brady and a new era of dominance will begin

Also, do you mind removing my name from the Giants? Still haven't settled on a team so I'll let you know when I do and who to add me too /o\
    You are not wrong. The Pats are so annoying like that. They've been good pretty much all my life i think!
    I've done that now, sorry if I added you without you asking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrDystopia)

Garoppolo will be fine. The Steelers game could be the most interesting, seeing as the Patriots would be without LeGarrette Blount as well. That o-line has to step up to the plate. I still think the Bills game would be the most difficult though. Rex Ryan knows how to get to Tom Brady, and with that front seven, loaded running game, well, away against the Bills will be very tough.

ReputationRep:
    Cowboys game should be good now. I'm more hopeful. Although if the sentence gets reduced at all he'll be back.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As far as I'm aware it was a clean tear no other damage done. Sample was surprised about competing at FS, he has always been a strong safety and said most people's criticisms were about him in pass coverage. That worries me but obviously Sergio Brown is there to play that position too if the transition is less than smooth there is cover.
    Nice to see the Jags give DFJ a max contract -- fully guaranteed. They're sticking by their pick, which is good to see.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.